What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I think it is what they should focus on. Everyone is betting on the enemies' superior airforce. If Iran can show enough credibility in the field of AD, then no fool would even think about attacking Iran anymore.

Enough credibility in AD you have to be like the Russians.

I am not very familiar with Iranian dates, when is 3rd of Khordad? is it tomorrow? Are we expecting to see unveilings?
I think this is a very good time to show case some new toys given the recent tensions.

I am not very familiar with Iranian dates, when is 3rd of Khordad? is it tomorrow? Are we expecting to see unveilings?
I think this is a very good time to show case some new toys given the recent tensions.
yes its tomorrow.

n82925081-72357017.jpg

Here a S-300 scenario from the simulation DCS:

Our friend in the video is doing a good work but in the real world, his scenario would only have the chance to work with up to S-300PM/PMU level system not generally against all radar guided SAMs.
It may work for command guided SAM systems but SARH (to some extend) and certainly SAGG equipped systems are immune to such a beam maneuver.
They effectively represent a bi-static radar system of which one of the receivers will always have to chance to receive the necessary doppler shift to distinguish the target.

Hence for Iranian S-300PMU-2, this tactic won't work and most likely also not for systems like the 3rd Khordad.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom