What's new

Iran versus Azerbaijan - which one is stronger?

I'm amazed; it seems like Iranians and Turks hate each other more than Pakistani-Indian rivalry, or Turkish-Greek rivalry.

It is not like the issue between India and Pakistan. I doubt anyone said that.
you understand my comment now?
i cannot let people think that the problems could be compared to the very hard relation between India and Pakistan. By insuting each other it could appear like this.

Man Bakui nistam, khodem az Iran hastam.

Do not take my words as someone from Baku. That's all I can tell you.

But, do you support Pahlavi family, or you want some other regime for Iran?

When you say half of the population in Tehran speak Azeri it shows that you're from Iran. lol

No. the Pahlavi dynasty helped Iran though, they started the process of secularization and industrialization of Iran and they did some good things for the country, but I doubt any Iranian would like to have the Pahlavis back on power except some few LA-residing groups.

Pahlavi family? they represent what? 1% of the people? don't worry about them ;)

Azeris showed they know how to protest when things are wrong.
let's hope a better future

Well, current regime are better than those corrupt Shahis, that's for sure. But this does not make the current regime any good at all.

you understand my comment now?
i cannot let people think that the problems could be compared to the very hard relation between India and Pakistan. By insuting each other it could appear like this.

Now yes.
well, because one person said that it doesn't mean that people think so. Iran and Azerbaijan are not enemies and there is no rivalry between us but we're not brothers either now because some people like Aliyev and Pashayeva are funding anti-Iranian sentiments in Azerbaijan publicly. you can see that even in their official newspapers.

When you say half of the population in Tehran speak Azeri it shows that you're from Iran. lol

No. the Pahlavi dynasty helped Iran though, they started the process of secularization and industrialization of Iran and they did some good things for the country, but I doubt any Iranian would like to have the Pahlavis back on power except some few LA-residing groups.

If you don't believe it, thats fine. I don't know if you ever seen people from Baku understanding Persian? I spent part of my childhood in Iran and actually grew up in a very fanatic Shia society around us. But my father was never a religious person, and my father also was involved in advocating idenity rights of our people. And in addition to very harsh economic conditions, we moved to Baku.

I don't really feel much for Iran and maybe thats weird for you, but those Azeris that don't care anything about their idenity or Azerbaijan seems as much weird to me.

Anyway, I know that religion is really what keeps Azeris inside Iran. I don't think Persians are even close to being as religious as us.

If you don't believe it, thats fine. I don't know if you ever seen people from Baku understanding Persian? I spent part of my childhood in Iran and actually grew up in a very fanatic Shia society around us. But my father was never a religious person, and my father also was involved in advocating idenity rights of our people. And in addition to very harsh economic conditions, we moved to Baku.

well, I'm glad that now you're in a place that you're happy. you could've moved to Tehran too, because from what I see Iran's purchase power parity per capita is higher than Azerbaijan's and Tehran's GDP is higher than Baku's. Also, Tehran has a secular non-religious society. so I think you could've been one of those 50% Azeris in Tehran that you said. but I'm happy that now you're in the country you like.

I was a child and in fact, I were religious. Of course I could not really make much out of it.

But anyway, as I grew older, my views changed.

What I know is that Azeris are really alot more religious than Persians in Iran.

I was a child and in fact, I myself were religious.

What I know is that Azeris are really alot more religious than Persians.

That's generally true. except for Persians in Mashhad and Qom. They are more religious than the rest of Iran I think.

I was a child and in fact, I were religious. Of course I didnt really knew much of it.

What I know is that Azeris are really alot more religious than Persians in Iran.
it is true . even turkish people are more religious than us.
but that is something western don't understand about us ;) they think we are like saudis :D

Well, I still remember how everyone would gather in mosques, those ashura days etc...I must tell you guys that if Azeris were secular, it would be not much good for Iran, believe me. :D

Well, I still remember how everyone would gather in mosques, those ashura days etc...I must tell you guys that if Azeris were secular, it would be not much good for Iran, believe me. :D

OK. I believe you :D!

Hussein, that is true.

Shias in Tabriz, and specially in Ardebil are the most fanatical ones you can find on earth.

Kurdish part is really exeggerated. Azeris are close to 30% not 20%.

Why are Qazvin not listed as Azeri settlement? It is nearly 100% Azeri. Same with Karaj, and of course, Hamadan.

As you can see, there are Azeri settlements even in south of Iran.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Qajar are one of the Azeri tribes, like you can see in that map. Qajar are listed as a Azeri dialect.

Oh, stop your none sense. What is Azeri tribe? Iran is not a tribal society. It is a multicultural one. Get it in your head. Also Azerbaijan is an artificial country made out of big powers games. It has not historical back ground. Your attempts to divide Iran is already failed. Let me assure you, some time in this century Azerbaijan will melt into Iran again. That is the only truth visible for your future. Iran is becoming more powerful day by day and soon Azerbaijan will rejoin itself or by Iranian help with the motherland. You are like Taiwan of China at best. At worst you already do not exist in most of Iranians mind. This is the truth. By the way I have a friend from Qazvin who tells me no more than 15% of people there are Azeri speaking. So you are lying. Either bring solid evidence for what you are claiming or keep your mouth shut.

Back
Top Bottom