What's new

Iran-US escalation thread.

Interesting:

Trump Approves Strikes on Iran, but Then Abruptly Pulls Back

WASHINGTON — President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m. Thursday, military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president’s top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.

Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off, a senior administration official said. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down, the official said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

Why only American ones? Did they finally learn their lesson?

These are civilian airliner flights, and it supposedly covers the Strait of Hormuz area only.

I've been preaching about smart, covert action to raise oil prices and frustrate the enemy by leaving no footprints. Just ratcheting up tension through indirect means, either by proxy, cyber or covert. I have said many times not to go head on with these Neocons because Bolton and Pompeo need provocation to sell their plan. Now, we have given them the ammo. I don't understand who makes these decisions inside Iran, if it was IRGC or was it the President....but whoever it was I hope he gets called in for a grilling. The U.S. is saying they also have verifiable proof that the drone was in Int'l waters. If we are correct then they better be broadcasting this proof worldwide. If we don't have solid proof then this a major f*ck up by someone our military and he better have answers. You shoot down a superpowers's drone only when you have irrefutable proof they've violated your air space. Now, this escalation will lead to more and bigger escalation if mistakes are repeated. Just like Trump doesn't have an Iran policy we don't have a US policy...it's all a crapshoot, the blind leading the blind. We need to figure out where we're going....are we going to wait out the election or not, are we going to war or what? What will the war look like, who can win, or who can gain.....all of these need to worked out to a "T"....no one should start a shooting war unless you know what will happen next. This is an unnecessary escalation. Next month the IAEA will report we have exceeded our enriched uranium level, then what? Anyone worked out that scenario yet? What kind of escalation will that cause with Europe? Dammit man, this is useless.:hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:
@Kastor look at the map please the width of water in the area the drone was shot down is only 50km. It means that drone was either in Iran's airspace or on Oman's airspace. We don't have international air space there. That is purely bulshit. Iran has published the full path of the drone eversince it took off to the time it was destroyed .What other proof should there be?

The only problem is Iran is not China and US should know that by now. Iran has nothing to lose and nothing is more dangerous than a person or a country who has nothing to lose
iran dont irgc does :) . dont be stupid act wisely.

Interesting:

Trump Approves Strikes on Iran, but Then Abruptly Pulls Back

WASHINGTON — President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m. Thursday, military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president’s top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.

Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off, a senior administration official said. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down, the official said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

These are civilian airliner flights, and it supposedly covers the Strait of Hormuz area only.
I know they were civilian. But if something us cooking you ask civilian flight from all nationalities to retreat from that area not only American ones

iran dont irgc does :) . dont be stupid act wisely.
Our definition of stupidity is different. What you call stupidity we call cowardice

Our definition of stupidity is different. What you call stupidity we call cowardice
just wqnna ask . in we do u include ordinary iranian peoples (who will most probably get bombed if war break out) or just irgc generals?

just wqnna ask . in we do u include ordinary iranian peoples (who will most probably get bombed if war break out) or just irgc generals?
Look at the social media and see what the general reaction of Iranians is to this recent event. You will get your answer.

Look at the social media and see what the general reaction of Iranians is to this recent event. You will get your answer.
as far i know ordinary iranian dont hv the access to social media sites like twitter , facebook etc.

as far i know ordinary iranian dont hv the access to social media sites like twitter , facebook etc.
Then change you source of information. Iran is not North Korea. People there have access to everything. Actually their cellular internet is higher quality and cheaper than the garbage I pay for here.

Jealous you guys can't produce someone like him?
anyone could kill civilians now is the time to see how good general suliemani is :) .
you people just talk big . the day iranian mainland got hit it will trash your arrogance too .

Then change you source of information. Iran is not North Korea. People there have access to everything. Actually their cellular internet is higher quality and cheaper than the garbage I pay for here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Twitter
i did

Back
Top Bottom