What's new

Iran Uranium Centrifuges

Saleh is a Western agent and known liar and his lies have been exposed.

Iran has a while to go before even IR-6 is ready for mass production.

“In a nutshell, advanced centrifuges like the IR-8 are potentially 16 times more powerful to enrich uranium compared to the simple IR-1 centrifuges that Tehran possessed prior to the 2015 deal.

“The IR-8 has been a failure,” Albright said. “The centrifuge uses carbon fiber bellows, which involve carbon fiber tubes connected by a movable part, the bellows. They go into the shape of a banana when they hit a certain speed. You need to make them bendable. The bellow must be flexible, but they are made of carbon fiber so there are lots of problems with them cracking,” he said

“Even with Iran’s less advanced IR-1s, inspectors have found that 20%-30% of them regularly fail. This may be why it took so long for Tehran to get suspicious about its centrifuges failing upon being infected with the Stuxnet computer virus in 2009-2010.”

“He said that the centrifuges were easily identifiable as IR-6’s – due to their single rotor tube and the absence of a bellow – all of which have failed to date.”

“He said that Iran has had success with the IR-2m centrifuge, which is three to four times more powerful than the IR-1 model, and that the Islamic republic regularly discusses its future aspirations to build tens of thousands of centrifuges.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpos...rifuges-failing-top-expert-reveals-579215/amp
A jpost article quoting the head of the "good isis" david albright,whos reputation among even his fellow western arms control experts is sketchy,repeating the same old claims from back at the beginning of the 2010s.
I especially love that he continues to claim that iran could just buy what it needs in the way of nuclear fuel or technology while of course conveniently ignoring the decades of sanctions,or russias total unreliability or the fact that the west was even willing to try and use the suffering of cancer patients to try and pressure iran by sanctioning trr fuel that was the only source of irans nuclear medicine.What really makes me laugh of course is the idea that to build nuclear weapons iran would even need to try to develop anything more advanced than an old ir1,or would need to build tens of thousands of them.The very size and scale of irans enrichment program is ALL the proof that even a complete fool would need to realise that irans program is for civilian use.
I`d advise everyone here to treat these claims with the skepticism that they so richly deserve.

Iran has a while to go before even IR-6 is ready for mass production.

“In a nutshell, advanced centrifuges like the IR-8 are potentially 16 times more powerful to enrich uranium compared to the simple IR-1 centrifuges that Tehran possessed prior to the 2015 deal.

“The IR-8 has been a failure,” Albright said. “The centrifuge uses carbon fiber bellows, which involve carbon fiber tubes connected by a movable part, the bellows. They go into the shape of a banana when they hit a certain speed. You need to make them bendable. The bellow must be flexible, but they are made of carbon fiber so there are lots of problems with them cracking,” he said

“Even with Iran’s less advanced IR-1s, inspectors have found that 20%-30% of them regularly fail. This may be why it took so long for Tehran to get suspicious about its centrifuges failing upon being infected with the Stuxnet computer virus in 2009-2010.”

“He said that the centrifuges were easily identifiable as IR-6’s – due to their single rotor tube and the absence of a bellow – all of which have failed to date.”

“He said that Iran has had success with the IR-2m centrifuge, which is three to four times more powerful than the IR-1 model, and that the Islamic republic regularly discusses its future aspirations to build tens of thousands of centrifuges.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpos...rifuges-failing-top-expert-reveals-579215/amp
Dr. Salehi is an Iranian patriot and a great scientist..So you by bad mouthing him tells me you have a hidden agenda...may be you are yourself an Israeli agent sitting in that bunker in Golan heights.
Quoting the "Albright" the well known and incompetent Zionist kiss *** does not give credit to your claims. So try some one else.

Dr. Salehi is an Iranian patriot and a great scientist..So you by bad mouthing him tells me you have a hidden agenda...may be you are yourself an Israeli agent sitting in that bunker in Golan heights.
Quoting the "Albright" the well known and incompetent Zionist kiss *** does not give credit to your claims. So try some one else.
Albright's ISIS institute is supposedly funded by many non-profits but I bet you that most of the money comes from the Israelis or rich Jewish donors, because in the past decade his entire focus seems to be Iran.

That are some serious acquisitions, do you have any proof to back it up? I only have a small knowledge regarding salehis work, nonetheless his credentials are very impressive to say the least. I see it as highly unlikely that he is incompetent or saboteur judging from his journey.

What are you exactly babbling about?

Me sitting in a bunker in Israeli Golan Heights? You sound like the paranoid Pakis on this forum seeing Indian spies everywhere.

Just because you don’t like the source doesn’t mean what they say are lies. He clearly says IR-2M is a working design that is an improvement over IR-1. He says that IR-8 has major problems and he calls out Salehi’s IR-6 demonstration a few months ago as a propaganda ploy.

So do you have proof that IR-8 is working? So do you have proof that IR-6 is ready? Then is what Albright saying wrong? No!

Saleh preaches propaganda to make himself seem tougher than he is. Yet the nuclear negotiation team had a spy in it. Didn’t Stuxnet occurr because a engineer was allowed to bring a USB stick into Natanz?

Nothing he says can be trusted, just like IRGC General Who last year blamed Israel for “stealing” Iran’s rain and manipulating weather. Then this year IRGC says US causing the floods.

I mean these groups talk propaganda because they think the average Iranian still
lives in dahat and have their head in the sand.

Take whatever Salehi says with a grain of salt. He got out played and negotiated away Arak reactor and Fordow for NOTHING along with Zarif.

Now he randomly boasts how Iran can go nuclear in x amount of days or do this and that....ploys to keep hardliners pressure off of him.

Albright's ISIS institute is supposedly funded by many non-profits but I bet you that most of the money comes from the Israelis or rich Jewish donors, because in the past decade his entire focus seems to be Iran.

Irregardless of the source, if it is anti-Iran he would be incentivized to make Iran a BIGGER nuclear threat then it really is. Not downplay Iran’s ability. I mean for the IRAQ war the West claimed Iraq had mobile WMD stations and nuclear weapons program when in reality the programs were shuttered long ago due to cost and lack of dedicated resources.

Salehi is just a puppet head of Iran’s agency. The real father of Iran’s nuclear program and weapons program is closely guarded to the point there isn’t even a recent picture of him. IAEA wanted to interview him and IRGC said no. I am sure Mossad has been trying their best to assassinate him.

So you can be sure whatever Iran is developing on the CIVILIAN nuclear side is not the same as what is being developed on the MILITARY side. You think IRGC would trust Salehi with any information?

If IRGC has developed a working advanced centrifuge, it is in its interest to PREVENT Salehi and Iran nuclear agency from finding anything about it.

Because once civilian side learns about it/uses it then US will start pressuring Iran even further as anything above IR-2 raises fears of a secret enrichment capability.

Me sitting in a bunker in Israeli Golan Heights? You sound like the paranoid Pakis on this forum seeing Indian spies everywhere.

Just because you don’t like the source doesn’t mean what they say are lies. He clearly says IR-2M is a working design that is an improvement over IR-1. He says that IR-8 has major problems and he calls out Salehi’s IR-6 demonstration a few months ago as a propaganda ploy.

So do you have proof that IR-8 is working? So do you have proof that IR-6 is ready? Then is what Albright saying wrong? No!

Saleh preaches propaganda to make himself seem tougher than he is. Yet the nuclear negotiation team had a spy in it. Didn’t Stuxnet occurr because a engineer was allowed to bring a USB stick into Natanz?

Nothing he says can be trusted, just like IRGC General Who last year blamed Israel for “stealing” Iran’s rain and manipulating weather. Then this year IRGC says US causing the floods.

I mean these groups talk propaganda because they think the average Iranian still

Take whatever Salehi says with a grain of salt. He got out played and negotiated away Arak reactor and Fordow for NOTHING along with Zarif.

Now he randomly boasts how Iran can go nuclear in x amount of days or do this and that....ploys to keep hardliners pressure off of him.

Irregardless of the source, if it is anti-Iran he would be incentivized to make Iran a BIGGER nuclear threat then it really is. Not downplay Iran’s ability. I mean for the IRAQ war the West claimed Iraq had mobile WMD stations and nuclear weapons program when in reality the programs were shuttered long ago due to cost and lack of dedicated resources.

Salehi is just a puppet head of Iran’s agency. The real father of Iran’s nuclear program and weapons program is closely guarded to the point there isn’t even a recent picture of him. IAEA wanted to interview him and IRGC said no. I am sure Mossad has been trying their best to assassinate him.

So you can be sure whatever Iran is developing on the CIVILIAN nuclear side is not the same as what is being developed on the MILITARY side. You think IRGC would trust Salehi with any information?

If IRGC has developed a working advanced centrifuge, it is in its interest to PREVENT Salehi and Iran nuclear agency from finding anything about it.

Because once civilian side learns about it/uses it then US will start pressuring Iran even further as anything above IR-2 raises fears of a secret enrichment capability.

what am I babbling about..!!..hummm lets see I am babbling about all the crap you put out every time you see a progress reported by Iran in any field...It appears that in your mind everything in Iran today is propaganda and you are the man who saves us all from this evil. Shape up and face the reality and do not hide behind that American flag..we know who you really are. And by the way out of respect for Pakistanis do not bring them in to this. Case closed.

what am I babbling about..!!..hummm lets see I am babbling about all the crap you put out every time you see a progress reported by Iran in any field...It appears that in your mind everything in Iran today is propaganda and you are the man who saves us all from this evil. Shape up and face the reality and do not hide behind that American flag..we know who you really are. And by the way out of respect for Pakistanis do not bring them in to this. Case closed.

Shut up and sit down kid.

I had family who served in the war and on the frontlines. They have a lot more knowledge in one finger and connections within Iran then some brainwashed tokhme khar who can’t read between the lines.

Nobody said everything Iran puts out is propaganda, but Iran says quite a bit of propaganda and nonsense, it’s how it operates. It’s called reading between the lines of what is real and what is not.

IR-6 and IR-8 are not ready and won’t be ready for sometime. Even if they do get ready there is no guarantee they will ever see the light of day because Iran could easily just negotiate their use away in the next “version” of nuclear deal just like they did with Arak Reactor and Fordow.

Lastly you call out the source and say he says lies and propaganda yet you haven’t present 1 iota of proof that what he says was a lie. IR-6 is not ready, IR-8 is even further from being ready. Even Salehi admits that.

So what did albright say is wrong?

Albright is indeed payed by Israel to discredit Iran.
This is done in two ways:
1: Create a threat situation where there is none
2: Downplay Irans indigenous capability and display them like the Pakistani program which bought its components from foreign companies. The goal of this is to increase export control regulations and sanctions. A secondary role is to display Iranians as incompetent 3rd world people, to other westerners and reduce Iranian feelings of pride.

Serious people in this field know this and that's why Albright has a low reputation in the community. I remember that even his doctor title was questioned at one time. However he is pushed up by the lobby.

The truth is that with the IR8 Iran has suppressed all other national centrifuge programs except that of the URENCO consortium:

- Brazil is still stuck with 2 rotor designs in IR6 range, despite direct western tech. input and supply.
- Pakistans needs are satisfied with its P2 and eventually carbon fiber P2 modifications at IR2M level
- Russia is satisfied with its subcritical single rotor machines and China has got tech. transfer for those
- North Korea might be connected to Irans program but seems to work on P2 based machines for now
- The U.S large machine program still encounters reliability issues and can't compete economically well against URENCO machines with less than one third of the SWU capability.
- Japan might be at something better than IR8 but there is a lack of information. Their goal would be to compete with URENCO machines
- Indias lack of URENCO technology has created a program for them, that is still too unreliable to go for multi-rotor supercritical machines.

Iran has just reached IR6 capability as of today, but the IR8 will eventually be mastered to a reliable level.
Once there, the competition is only between Iran, Japan, U.S and maybe Brazil (if they see a economic reasoning with a competitor such as URENCO).

Hopefully Iran isn’t building IR-6 and IR-8 only to “trade” them away in the next nuclear deal.

Can’t see how the West will allow Iran to have IR-8 capability and still claim that they are safeguarding the path to a nuclear weapon From Iran.

Iran only has 1 nuclear reactor with another 2 coming online maybe in 2030s. For the next half a century, Iran will not have a civilian nuclear program that justifies such large scale enrichment capability especially at a cost that is more than simply buying from aboard.

That is the argument the West will make to the world to pressure Iran.

Only path for Iran is if Turkey or Saudi Arabi decide to dash for a nuclear weapon. If that happens, then Iran is unshackled from these chains of restrictions.

Nonetheless this notion that Iran can proceed forever while under such draconian oil sanctions, has no basis in reality. Iranians are struggling at home and the economy is buckling under sanctions. There is real problems.

While Iran will likely wait it out till after US presidential election and subsequent Iranian election, sooner or later Iran will have to come to the table wether it’s a Democrat or Republican in power or a Reformist or Hardliner.

What is worrying is this time Iran has no Fordow or Arak to give up. So what will it sacrifice?

The US has shown it can’t be trusted and any naive notion that it will allow restrictions to fall off with the sunset provisions again has no basis in reality. Sanctions will be kept On until the West gets what it wants.

Shut up and sit down kid.

I had family who served in the war and on the frontlines. They have a lot more knowledge in one finger and connections within Iran then some brainwashed tokhme khar who can’t read between the lines.

Nobody said everything Iran puts out is propaganda, but Iran says quite a bit of propaganda and nonsense, it’s how it operates. It’s called reading between the lines of what is real and what is not.

IR-6 and IR-8 are not ready and won’t be ready for sometime. Even if they do get ready there is no guarantee they will ever see the light of day because Iran could easily just negotiate their use away in the next “version” of nuclear deal just like they did with Arak Reactor and Fordow.

Lastly you call out the source and say he says lies and propaganda yet you haven’t present 1 iota of proof that what he says was a lie. IR-6 is not ready, IR-8 is even further from being ready. Even Salehi admits that.

So what did albright say is wrong?
Wow ...It has been a very long time since anybody has called me a kid!.. or Tokhmeh khar!..that sounds funny... so let me tell you something Mr "my family was in the front..blah blah bah..)..When you were sucking your mother's milk I was (yes myself not my family) working as engineer on TOW missile in Shiraz . And when you were learning how to write the crap you write, I was working for every major US defence contractor you can name. So before opening your big mouth and labelling a countries nuclear head and ex foreign minister " a western spy" think twice if you think at all..!..as for calling myself names..that is fine I do not take it personal it is actually entertaining. must be part of your upbringing. Learn to not accuse people just because you do not like them..as for "Albright and his credentials I saw PeeD answered you.

Hopefully Iran isn’t building IR-6 and IR-8 only to “trade” them away in the next nuclear deal.

Can’t see how the West will allow Iran to have IR-8 capability and still claim that they are safeguarding the path to a nuclear weapon From Iran.

Iran only has 1 nuclear reactor with another 2 coming online maybe in 2030s. For the next half a century, Iran will not have a civilian nuclear program that justifies such large scale enrichment capability especially at a cost that is more than simply buying from aboard.

That is the argument the West will make to the world to pressure Iran.

Only path for Iran is if Turkey or Saudi Arabi decide to dash for a nuclear weapon. If that happens, then Iran is unshackled from these chains of restrictions.

Nonetheless this notion that Iran can proceed forever while under such draconian oil sanctions, has no basis in reality. Iranians are struggling at home and the economy is buckling under sanctions. There is real problems.

While Iran will likely wait it out till after US presidential election and subsequent Iranian election, sooner or later Iran will have to come to the table wether it’s a Democrat or Republican in power or a Reformist or Hardliner.

What is worrying is this time Iran has no Fordow or Arak to give up. So what will it sacrifice?

The US has shown it can’t be trusted and any naive notion that it will allow restrictions to fall off with the sunset provisions again has no basis in reality. Sanctions will be kept On until the West gets what it wants.
I hope it is all about building capability to have the west deal with us again..I also think we should never stop the nuke weapon program after how badly they violated the JCPOA. We should now be clear in mind the only way Iran will be taken seriously is to become nuke capable. They have proved it to us, they cannot be trusted and Iran will always be in harm's way till we master this task....we have nothing to lose, they have already declared war on us, it's just that they have not told us.

Last edited:
On the nuclear technology day, Iran officially disclosed the history and structure of its gas centrifuge program.

I will lay out the extracted details here:

IR1: First generation production URENCO machine (3-4 generation Zippe design), via Pakistans P1. Relative small diameter aluminium rotor but mechanically advanced 4-Rotor design.

Hi Peed, this is a great overview, so thank you. Could you share with me the source(s) you used to make it? Where/how did Iranian officials disclose it?

Hi Peed, this is a great overview, so thank you. Could you share with me the source(s) you used to make it? Where/how did Iranian officials disclose it?
IR- CENT.JPG

You can deduce it from the chart SubWater posted and the outside dimensions of the centrifuges.

Here again the Centrifuges Iran is officially working on at the moment:
IR-1
IR-2m
IR-3
IR-4
IR-5
IR-6
IR-6m
IR-6s
IR-6sm
IR-7
IR-8