What's new

IRAN UNVEILS UNUSUALLY BLUE COLORED SUBMARINE

the colour remind me of irani aqeeq ring,

1351839381_448419228_4-Real-Irani-Feroza-Persian-Turquoise-in-Silver-rings-For-Sale.jpg

I got a couple of rings like that in different colors, my favorite is black stone rock from Saudi with silver.

BlueSub1.jpg

Its a midget submarine.

Imagine thousand of these things running about nuclear capable (not necessarily all nuclear armed) it would be hard for people to track down all these little critters. :lol:

Ghadir_Cutaway_updated.jpg

"Well, from Iran's terrible taste in camouflage and their imminent status as a nuclear power, we move to Iranian Naval power. The above is the Ghadir-class midget submarine. The powers that be in Iran have sought for several years to find a way to fight the Navies of the West, especially the US, in the waters near Iran. Despite the rather huge disparity in Naval power, the Iranians have several advantages in this theoretical battle. The waters of the Persian Gulf are relatively shallow and busy, making it harder for big subs to hide and hard for them to use acoustic methods to search for enemy subs. Also, in a potential conflict, the West must not only defeat the Iranians, but also keep open the vital sea lanes and prevent an ecological disaster from destroyed oil infrastructure. Whereas the Iranians would have a major victory in the eyes of many if they are able to sink even a few Western warships."

Read the comment on the link by Rusty Shackleford lol.

I got a couple of rings like that in different colors, my favorite is black stone rock from Saudi with silver.

Imagine thousand of these things running about nuclear capable (not necessarily all nuclear armed) it would be hard for people to track down all these little critters. :lol:

I got a big eye one it white and black rings around it. best one on the web went throw thousand pages of Google images to get that one funnily enuff it was on eBay.

article continues

"Well, to the specifics of this craft. The Ghadir is a class of midget diesel/electric submarines manufactured in Iran. It is fairly accepted that despite the Iranian propaganda machine's claim that the sub was designed by Iranian engineers, the sub was built from North Korean plans and with their technical expertise. And before we snicker into our hands about our friends the North Koreans, keep in mind that they were able to sink a South Korean corvette, the Cheonan, with a similar sub."
Ghadir_Line.jpg

here are 11 Ghadirs in service and more on the way, with new subs delivered in 2009 and 2010. They are about 90 feet long and have a crew complement of 18. While the sonar and sensors and so forth are unknown at this time, we can probably expect them to be based on older Russian and Chinese equipment, like most of the Iranian arsenal. The Iranian state-owned media claims that the subs are "stealth" and capable of evading sonar, but I am going to chalk that up with other, similarly wild claims about the indigenous weapons from Iran. The sub has two torpedo tubes and could likely only carry two torpedoes. It has been said that the Ghadir can also fire tube launched missiles. While the Ghadir is not the state of the art, it could still be a formidable weapon, especially employed in groups. Recently, a war game showed that swarming tactics using small, fast, torpedo and anti-ship missile armed boats could be a serious threat to a US Carrier Group. However, the US Navy is pretty much the world master in anti-submarine warfare, and in any kind of large scale combat, I would expect the loss rate of this little sub to be very high. If it was located, its chance of getting away is small, and if hit with any modern ASW weapon, it would likely sink in a minute or two, if it was not immediately torn in half. Its only hope is that its size could help it hide in shallow water. The Ghadir and the North Korean Yono-class are not to be underestimated, but you wouldn't get me into one. It is apples and oranges, but no Japanese midget subs survived the attack on Pearl Harbor, and that was hardly the best day for the US Navy.

^ not to be underestimated if large in numbers can do some damage and pay itself ten times over lolz..

I looked up for the number of midget subs:
As of 2012 the number of Iranian midget subs are estimated to be between 24-50 (not exactly known).

These may find some effectiveness in the Shallow waters of the Persian gulf. ..if built in numbers.
As these can harass shipping a lot.

Does that matter if all the harbors and service stations along Iranian coast put out of action?

You know whats funny? if Iran really does possess some top military toys but uses Photoshop to play physiological games on its enemies then one day war breaks out n Iran pulls out some real heavy toys. now that be a shocker.

BTW the diesel engine of theses boat would be like a underwater rock concert for sonars. Stating that by the sheer small size and hull thickness which doesn't look like it houses sonar coating material or any stealth coating of any kind.

BTW the diesel engine of theses boat would be like a underwater rock concert for sonars. Stating that by the sheer small size and hull thickness which doesn't look like it houses sonar coating material or any stealth coating of any kind.

I looked up and found this about Ghadir acoustic tilings:
The Navy Needs Composites | GFRP World

I can kinda see the acoustic tiles.
gfrpworld-de-submarine-composite.jpg

Any pics of this blue submarine??

Here you go.
BlueSub1.jpg

iran-3.jpg

Really, it is a strange color for sure!
I hope it actually is capable of firing anti-ship missiles as being claimed. If it can, it will make this color look less clumsy!
:lol:

Anyway, i good achievement for Iran for sure. The really are building up on the midget submarine fleet
:tup:

Back
Top Bottom