What's new

Iran unveiled armored vehicle, jamming system, drones, smart robot and more

Sir there is no UAV searching for a tiny remote control car the size of a shoebox. Similar things are being used by special forces/SWAT around the world. So I assume they know more than you.

No weapon is without flaws. But dismissing this shows your naivety.

If it can mount a gun and grenades then it's not the size of a "shoe box".

You think a UAV can't spot a shoebox from kilometers away? You're the one being naive. Technology has gone ahead in ways you can't even dream of.

What Iran displayed here, while commendable, is already in the inventories of its enemies, i.e the US. Furthermore, the US is working on disrupting such tech by many different means.

All weapons have counters and Iran just displayed a lot of its weapons on the internet for all to see and understand.

If it can mount a gun and grenades then it's not the size of a "shoe box".

You think a UAV can't spot a shoebox from kilometers away? You're the one being naive. Technology has gone ahead in ways you can't even dream of.
Imagine a dusty, rough desert/mountain terrain spanning 100s of square kilometres... Now imagine a tiny unmanned ground vehicle ("UGV") less than 0.2m^2 (from an aerial POV) scurrying around that vast expanse of land... How the hell do you imagine a drone will be able to spot such a small target in time when it can take maybe 15-60 minutes for the UGV to depart from its safe launch point and successfully detonate its charges at the target?! And that's in ideal daylight conditions...

The US with 24/7 air patrols was not able to detect a single Iraqi missile TEL in Iraq but you think they can detect a tiny UGV within 15 minutes...

Think again!

Last edited:
Imagine a dusty, rough desert/mountain terrain spanning 100s of square kilometres... Now imagine a tiny unmanned ground vehicle ("UGV") less than 0.2m^2 (from an aerial POV) scurrying around that vast expanse of land... How the hell do you imagine a drone will be able to spot such a small target in time when it can take maybe 15-60 minutes for the UGV to depart from its safe launch point and successfully detonate its charges at the target?! And that's in ideal daylight conditions...

The US with 24/7 air patrols was not able to detect a single Iraqi missile TEL in Iraq but you think they can detect a tiny UGV within 15 minutes...

Think again!

You really need to update your info on real world warfare.

Quoting the US invasion of Iraq from more than a decade ago and using it as a benchmark? LOL :lol:

Things have changed a lot since then. But first, tell me, did it help Iraq by keeping its TEL's secure?? Who won the war in the end? You forgot to look at the bigger picture, not even saying what you wrote is true or not about the US not finding those TEL's...

Back to what you wrote....watch this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARGUS-IS

This pod on a drone, aircraft or whatever that flies can track objects as small as 6 inches!! Cars, people walking and birds. And believe me, I'm sure it can track even smaller stuff by now.....seeing as tech always advances and the project started in 2007 and the initial operating capability was displayed in 2014.

A single MQ-9 reaper can scan 100km^2 of area with this pod. As soon as your UGV's leave their hiding spot, they'll be tracked by AI and someone/thing move in to neutralize it.

Now this is just one way of neutralizing enemy UGV and ground threats...

Another way is to search for, identify and neutralize the launch platforms, simply elimination 10's if not more UGV's. Another is to jam satellite, radio and other forms of communication over an area until it's clear of UGV's. Another is to send in UGV's and other robots (check out Boston Dynamics Atlas and you'll get the idea) to bait and then neutralize the UGV's.

There are many more possibilities but you get the idea. Again, like I said before, Iran's efforts are commendable but they have to catch up. This is 2000's tech they're displaying now...:D

Quoting the US invasion of Iraq from more than a decade ago and using it as a benchmark? LOL :lol:

Things have changed a lot since then. But first, tell me, did it help Iraq by keeping its TEL's secure?? Who won the war in the end? You forgot to look at the bigger picture, not even saying what you wrote is true or not about the US not finding those TEL's...

This pod on a drone, aircraft or whatever that flies can track objects as small as 6 inches!! Cars, people walking and birds. And believe me, I'm sure it can track even smaller stuff by now.....seeing as tech always advances and the project started in 2007 and the initial operating capability was displayed in 2014.

A single MQ-9 reaper can scan 100km^2 of area with this pod. As soon as your UGV's leave their hiding spot, they'll be tracked by AI and someone/thing move in to neutralize it.

Another way is to search for, identify and neutralize the launch platforms, simply elimination 10's if not more UGV's. Another is to jam satellite, radio and other forms of communication over an area until it's clear of UGV's. Another is to send in UGV's and other robots (check out Boston Dynamics Atlas and you'll get the idea) to bait and then neutralize the UGV's.

There are many more possibilities but you get the idea. Again, like I said before, Iran's efforts are commendable but they have to catch up. This is 2000's tech they're displaying now...:D

Less than a month ago the best U.S made air defense system money can buy (Including AWACS) failed to detect 20 cruise missiles and armed UAVs over one of the best defended airspace in the world let alone stop it but you expect us to believe that they will have no problem detecting and neutralizing multitudes of small UGVs. Get real, there is a world of difference between how weapons are advertised and how they actually preform.

pal this drone, quad copter or anything similar are supposed to be available for every squad size unit. these are so cheap that will overwhelm enemy counter measures. this is a new way to counter the tanks and ground force generally.

Less than a month ago the best U.S made air defense system money can buy (Including AWACS) failed to detect 20 cruise missiles and armed UAVs over one of the best defended airspace in the world let alone stop it but you expect us to believe that they will have no problem detecting and neutralizing multitudes of small UGVs. Get real, there is a world of difference between how weapons are advertised and how they actually preform.

Got a source on that?? Or are you repeating Iranian propaganda??

pal this drone, quad copter or anything similar are supposed to be available for every squad size unit. these are so cheap that will overwhelm enemy counter measures. this is a new way to counter the tanks and ground force generally.

Anything in the air will be shot down first. Then the drones with ARGUS-IS will come in and find targets on the ground. Iran might put up a fight but without things going nuclear, Iran will lose the war.

Iran’s Army unveils new tactical armored vehicles, smart robots high quality footage

Any tangible proof it was a "False Flaq" and carried out by who? Your retarded comments don't matter!

Type correct english first chump.

I don't need to provide you any proof. It's my opinion and of many others. You're diverting from the topic at hand. Which is that these toys are getting old and that they'll be neutralized using current and emerging technologies.

End of story.

Back
Top Bottom