What's new

Iran to hold a Holocaust cartoon competition in response to Charlie Hebdo

syedali73

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
An international cartoon competition has been launched in Iran around the theme of Holocaust denial, reportedly in response to the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed by Charlie Hebdo magazine.

Twelve people were killed when terrorists executed a brutal attack on the Paris offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, four of whom were cartoonists.

Iran’s House of Cartoon and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex have organised the competition and are offering a cash prize of $12,000 (£7,960) to the winner, $8,000 (£5,300) for the cartoonist that makes second place and £5,000 (£3,320) for third place, according to the Tehran Times.

The work will go on display at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and several other places across the city.

It is the second time the competition has been held; in 2006 the country’s biggest selling newspaper, Hamshahiri, decided to try and find the “cleverest” cartoons satirizing the genocide that saw six million Jews murdered at the hands of the Nazis, reportedly in an attempt to attack the West’s “double standards” over religious satire and free speech, according to the Guardian.

This first competition, which was condemned by Jewish organisations, was launched in response to the Muslim outrage at the publication of the Danish cartoons showing the Prophet Mohammed that year.

Now the second competition to be themed around Holocaust denial by the House of Cartoon has been organised in protest against the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, said during a press conference.

Iran's House of Cartoon to hold a Holocaust cartoon competition in response to Charlie Hebdo - Middle East - World - The Independent

Shitty and backward minded. :nono:. And if the government is involved, it is a shitty and backward minded government, :pissed:

I'm sure the death of 3 million people at the hands of a monster is a political opportunity for you. And don't gimme your 'jews killing Palestinians' logic. If Asad using chemical weapons didn't invite crocodile tears from you, then jews fighting for the lands that spawned their civilization needn't.

I'm sure the death of 3 million people at the hands of a monster is a political opportunity for you. And don't gimme your 'jews killing Palestinians' logic. If Asad using chemical weapons didn't invite crocodile tears from you, then jews fighting for the lands that spawned their civilization needn't.

3 million?

I thought it was 6 million?

It is "just" cartoon why you getting so emotional? That was the same logic you guys were applying before.

An international cartoon competition has been launched in Iran around the theme of Holocaust denial, reportedly in response to the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed by Charlie Hebdo magazine.

Twelve people were killed when terrorists executed a brutal attack on the Paris offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, four of whom were cartoonists.

Iran’s House of Cartoon and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex have organised the competition and are offering a cash prize of $12,000 (£7,960) to the winner, $8,000 (£5,300) for the cartoonist that makes second place and £5,000 (£3,320) for third place, according to the Tehran Times.

The work wil go on display at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and several other places across the city.

It is the second time the competition has been held; in 2006 the country’s biggest selling newspaper, Hamshahiri, decided to try and find the “cleverest” cartoons satirizing the genocide that saw six million Jews murdered at the hands of the Nazis, reportedly in an attempt to attack the West’s “double standards” over religious satire and free speech, according to the Guardian.

This first competition, which was condemned by Jewish organisations, was launched in response to the Muslim outrage at the publication of the Danish cartoons showing the Prophet Mohammed that year.

Now the second competition to be themed around Holocaust denial by the House of Cartoon has been organised in protest against the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, said during a press conference.

Iran's House of Cartoon to hold a Holocaust cartoon competition in response to Charlie Hebdo - Middle East - World - The Independent

Did Iran held press conference or news got leaked to Independent ;)

Not a good idea; it is unbecoming for us to descend to that level !

Freedom of Speech is selectively and more so hypocritically defined and applied but its also true that countless many innocent Jews suffered terrible horrors during the Holocaust - Lets not equate the two !

It is "just" cartoon why you getting so emotional? That was the same logic you guys were applying before.

ohhhhh................I'm so sorry, did you just pull an intelligent comparison for showing how muslims felt about the whole cartoon episode? Yeah, I think it's shitty and backward and I said so, but I'm not gonna kill/ blow up anyone for it. I just think the people who support this are backward minded, and NOTHING will change my mind about it. To me the jews are well above this kind of lowly attacks. They have shown with their resolute strength and sense of community that they are above this $hit. My support to them in this is complete. It shows how lowly the people managing this event are, and how much better the people of Israel are. Go ahead with your little exhibition.

More loyal than the king, and then pathetic in general knowledge, what else you expect?

And that justifies this lowly attempt. You will be happy scoring a temporary political point- everything for you is just that.

Did Iran held press conference or news got leaked to Independent ;)
They got it from Tehran Times.

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust

TEHRAN -- Iran’s House of Cartoon and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex plan to hold another international contest on the theme of Holocaust denial in the near future.

The 2nd International Holocaust Cartoons Contest has been organized in protest against French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo’s recent publication of the cartoons insulting Prophet Muhammad (S), the secretary of the contest, Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, said in a press conference on Saturday.

Shojaei-Tabatabaii, who is also the director of Iran’s House of Cartoon, added that world cartoonists are asked to submit their works before the first day of April.

The first place winners will receive a cash prize of $12,000, the second place will have $8000 and the third $5000.

The top selected works will mainly go on show at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and several other locations across the city.

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust - Tehran Times

And that justifies this lowly attempt. You will be happy scoring a temporary political point- everything for you is just that.
What lowly attempt? Questioning a hugely blow-out-of-proportion incident is lowly? In-fact not questioning fallacy is lowly.

They got it from Tehran Times.

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust

TEHRAN -- Iran’s House of Cartoon and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex plan to hold another international contest on the theme of Holocaust denial in the near future.

The 2nd International Holocaust Cartoons Contest has been organized in protest against French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo’s recent publication of the cartoons insulting Prophet Muhammad (S), the secretary of the contest, Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, said in a press conference on Saturday.

Shojaei-Tabatabaii, who is also the director of Iran’s House of Cartoon, added that world cartoonists are asked to submit their works before the first day of April.

The first place winners will receive a cash prize of $12,000, the second place will have $8000 and the third $5000.

The top selected works will mainly go on show at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran and several other locations across the city.

Iranian institutions to hold cartoon contest on The Holocaust - Tehran Times

What lowly attempt? Questioning a hugely blow-out-of-proportion incident is lowly? In-fact not questioning fallacy is lowly.

You know man, this represents a loss of good will for you, not the jews. If the likes of Hitler had gassed 6 million of your people, I would have stood by you too because the truth is UNALTERABLE. If you want to take the low-line, that is your choice. It will only alienate you from the world community, not them.

ohhhhh................I'm so sorry, did you just pull an intelligent comparison for showing how muslims felt about the whole cartoon episode? Yeah, I think it's shitty and backward and I said so, but I'm not gonna kill/ blow up anyone for it. I just think the people who support this are backward minded, and NOTHING will change my mind about it. To me the jews are well above this kind of lowly attacks. They have shown with their resolute strength and sense of community that they are above this $hit. My support to them in this is complete. It shows how lowly the people managing this event are, and how much better the people of Israel are. Go ahead with your little exhibition.

@syedali73 look how easy to take them clothes off :lol:

Guynextdoor, who is changing your mind buddy? You can stay ignorant as much as and as long as you want. This is a healthy response; a tit for tat. You are overreacting as if Jews are your pimps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom