What's new

Iran sports thread

361025_245.jpg

:rofl:

Rud Van Nistelrooy praises Iran's performance!

Here's some comic relief to cheer you up. Iranian fans attacking the Serbian ref's Facebook page. The comments are hilarious. Football fans are the same the world over lmao

Milorad Mažić | Facebook

narges: i saw your mamma in hell she said when are you going to **** her again

majid: bastard ,my dick on your mouth for bad judgeing .
dicky .
i'm come from iran .if i see you ,i will **** you as soon as
possible .

reza: Madareto kole irania bokonan abji kir dozd del 70 melun iranio shekasti koskeah lantori ziqi giret biyaram abjito haraj mikonam ma ke az in goroh nelakhare miyaym bala onvaqt kir mizanim be khandanet abji kir dozd polaki...

muhammad: you burned our hopes with burning our penalty........ I WISH GOD BURN ALL OF YOUR LIFE
you also was Dense & Stupid. how many time the ball did strike to your shit leg??

===================================================================

Haghighi's Instagram post.

Instagram

Last edited:
No it wouldn't be a headache. There are tie breakers for every single scenario. The next tie breaker is a coin flip I believe.

Edit: here are all the tie breakers

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches

The simplest way to determine which two teams move on is by points. Winning teams are awarded three points, ties earn each team one point, and losses are zero points. Seven points guarantees any side a trip to the knockout stage. Anything less, and we’re likely looking at a tie.

b) goal difference in all group matches

The key tiebreaker in almost every group will be goal differential. Goal differential is found by simply subtracting a teams’ goals against from its goals scored. What makes goal differential as the primary tiebreaker so interesting is that it rewards teams for running up the score. All wins earn three points, however a one goal win may not be nearly as valuable as a win by a margin of three or four. Whether it’s a teams’ opening match or the group stage finale, every minute matters and any goal can be the difference between advancement and elimination.

c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches

The third tiebreaker is FIFA’s subtle way to reward teams for playing 4-3 matches rather than 1-0. While the goal differential is +1 in both, the team that scores four puts themselves in a much better position to advance.

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned

This is basically the “head-to-head” argument. If two teams are tied, and one beat the other, the winner moves on. It gets a little more difficult when three teams are tied. The easiest way to figure who would advance using this tiebreaker is to break it down game by game. Only games involving tied teams count. So if team A, B, and C are tied all games against team D are thrown out. Keep in mind though that this is the fourth tiebreaker. Head to head is not as important as goal differential. This is unusual to American sports fans, so it’s better to know now than when it knocks your favorite team out.

e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned

Just like the previous tiebreaker, matches included non-tied teams are disregarded. This will only break three way ties as a tie between two teams would have been broken by the previous tiebreaker. The difference between this one and tiebreaker b is that it takes away matches including non tied teams. In other words, it would take out either the dominant side or the terrible side. A team that beat every one, or a team that beat no one will no longer factor into the fate of the tied nations.

f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned

Once again, only teams involved are taken into consideration. Rarely will it get this far, but if it does it is in everyone’s best interest that the final match related tiebreaker solves the quandary.

g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organizing Committee

The old coin flip. Only once in the 84 year history of the FIFA World Cup have lots been drawn to break a tie. Dear soccer gods, do not let this year be the second time.​
well , not flipping the coin , reading media after flipping it bring them a headache .

and "Dear soccer gods", my sensor detect some ISIS terrorist heading your way :cry::wave:.

that would result in iran getting to next round cause we are higher in fifa ranking
no that's not a tie breaker.

Except 2006 world cup Argentina and Nigeria have been in the same group in 2002 and 2010 the same in the current cup.... I hope at least like those world cups Argentina beats Nigeria 1-0 ... but what if we see a collusion? Arg has qualified and it doesn't need to take a risk ... and Nigeria needs a tie ...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom