What's new

Iran sports thread

How is Traxtor doing ? :D is there a basketball league in Iran ? does Iranian football teams partipicate in Asian international leagues ?

How is Traxtor doing ? :D is there a basketball league in Iran ? does Iranian football teams partipicate in Asian international leagues ?
Yes, Iran as long as Japan have 4 teams in Asian league, which is the most among Asian countries. Tiraxtur also won the "Hazfi cup" and will be present in the next year competitions. :D

How is Traxtor doing ? :D is there a basketball league in Iran ? does Iranian football teams partipicate in Asian international leages ?
Basketball is very popular in Iran. We've won 3/4 previous FIBA Asia Championships.
FIBA Asia Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BB has just become popular though. Before 2007, we had never finished in the top 3 in Asia. Now we're considered the best team in Asia and have won 3 out of the 4 continental championships.

Iranian football teams participate in Asian tournaments. Foolad is in the round of 16 of the Asian CL and plays tomorrow.

Basketball is very popular in Iran. We've won 3/4 previous FIBA Asia Championships.
FIBA Asia Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BB has just become popular though. Before 2007, we had never finished in the top 3 in Asia. Now we're considered the best team in Asia and have won 3 out of the 4 continental championships.

Iranian football teams participate in Asian tournaments. Foolad is in the round of 16 of the Asian CL and plays tomorrow.

Cool :D

Basketball is also second favourite here but European leagues are though both in football in basketball, but most importantly our retarded teams cannot stay in balance, one year they're good, other year they s.ck, we played final in 2010 fiba world cup but last year was a total disaster.

Cool :D

Basketball is also second favourite here but European leagues are though both in football in basketball, but most importantly our retarded teams cannot stay in balance, one year they're good, other year they s.ck, we played final in 2010 fiba world cup but last year was a total disaster.
Better than being in Asia, specially in the Middle East where nobody plays any sports (football is the only exception). In such an environment you don't improve.

As a result, we've won 3/4 previous FIBA Asia championships, 10/12 previous Asian futsal championships, Iran and Korea have won every single taekwondo championship to date, we always win Asian wrestling tournaments, in volleyball we've won 2/3 previous championships (runners up in 2009) etc... In Asia there's no competition outside of football so there's no improvement. We go to the World Cup for all these different competitions and barely achieve anything.

You need to compete with solid teams all the time to become world class.

@ResurgentIran Are you going to watch Foolad-Al Sadd ? :)

Just tuned in and went to livescore and saw that the match ended in a draw.
I dont really follow Champions League. I dont even watch the European CL much less ACL.

I just follow the result of Iranian team through livescore, but other than that it hasnt caught much of my interest.
All my focus on World Cup. :)

How bad they could be o_O even a small and mocked country like San Marino is not that bad in Europe :o:
It's futsal, that's why lol

We've won 10 out of the 12 Asian futsal championships and are always ranked 4th-7th in the world. In the last World Cup we barely missed the semi final after tying 5-5 against Italy (Italy scored seconds before the end of the match). The sport is extremely popular in Iran. 15 goals is nothing btw. A few years ago Iran was beating Asian teams by 20-30 goal differences. Watching a game was torture b/c it was a joke.

@Abii

What is the chances of Iran winning the footsal world cup? We are very good at footsal. Whom do you think will win this time?

Also, I know footsal and football are different but why on earth does our football suck so much compared to footsal?

@Abii

What is the chances of Iran winning the footsal world cup? We are very good at footsal. Whom do you think will win this time?

Also, I know footsal and football are different but why on earth does our football suck so much compared to footsal?
We won't win the futsal WC anytime soon. The gap between Iran and Brazil is still way to vast. Spain is beatable and we've beaten them before (although not at the WC, but we have tied Spain at the WC).

Football is a much different game. MUCH different. You need much more resources to develop players. With futsal, half the game is individual technique which you can pick up as a kid playing in the streets. In football, individual technique is probably 15% of the game. Knowledge and understanding of the game and its tactics, as well as physical strength and stamina are MUCH more important than how technical you're with the ball. To build great players you need vast resources, fantastic management and long-term planning. Of course we have problems in all three areas.

Look at Gucci and Dejagah. Gucci has something that no Iranian forwards has: fantastic understanding of his role as a center forward and an understanding of where he needs to be in the box at any given time. Similarly, Dejagah has qualities that Iranian midfielders don't have (we have players who have great qualities, but dejagah excels in every quality compared to his Iranian bred teammates). Teymourian can turn on his beast mode and run like a mad man for 90 mins, but he doesn't have great technique and can be dumb as a rock sometimes. Shojaie knows how to dribble, but plays like a 90 year old cripple half the time. And I can go on and on. Dejagah is a complete package compared to other TM players. That's the problem with Iranian football. Until we can have a league where players like Gucci and Dejagah are normal players, we won't succeed.

Iran-Uzbekistan: 10-0
Iran Futsal Team barely breaks a sweat against Uzbekistan. | TeamMelli

Next game against Japan in 2 days, I hope team melli will beat them :)
We will. And lol UZB was shell shocked the entire game. They beat Japan in the group stage so they're not that bad, but they just melted away in the first 5 minutes. We hit the post like 5 times!

Oh how I miss gol koochik. There was a hockey rink near our high school and it was the "go to place" for gol koochik in our area. It was always jam packed with Iranians. Every summer people would gather outside the fence and just watch us with their jaws on the floor lmao. Gol Koochik is in our blood.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom