What's new

Iran sports thread

Iran 0-0 Montenegro

There's still a lot of work to be done, especially in the offensive department. But I have to say that Iran played pretty well. Especially the defence, which was rock solid.
Imo we were physically superior to Montenegro, which surprised me, because most of their players are in top leagues.

CQ has physically conditioned the players very well.

So true.
And we finally saw Sardar Azmoun playing for Iran: I'm not impressed at all even though it was his first game with team melli
CQ must give him another chance before the game against Nigeria.

Edit: Dejagah was a beast

So true.
And we finally saw Sardar Azmoun playing for Iran: I'm not impressed at all even though it was his first game with team melli
CQ must give him another chance before the game against Nigeria.

Edit: Dejagah was a beast

The big problem for the forwards (not just Azmoun, but also Gucci and Ansarifard) is that we dont have that engine in the midfield. A creative attacking midfielder like Karimi or Azizi, that can penetrate defences or give some nice passes to the forwards.
If only we had that, our chances would be much higher in World Cup.

The big problem for the forwards (not just Azmoun, but also Gucci and Ansarifard) is that we dont have that engine in the midfield. A creative attacking midfielder like Karimi or Azizi, that can penetrate defences or give some nice passes to the forwards.
If only we had that, our chances would be much higher in World Cup.

I'm quite sure Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh can do the job

Very nice video, thanks.
Tomorrow Iran-Angola, the last match we will see until the world cup :)
I can finally watch one of these friendlies live, as I'm off tomorrow. Hopefully they put up a show before the WC starts.

Minute 1:00 - "In 98 we lost to Iran, I nearly drove my truck off the Hoover Dam"

LMAOOO

:enjoy::usflag:
BTW, LOL, just compare it with Akhound Nohe& azaadaari of Iran national team. :lol:

Iran-Angola: 1-1

Fortunately, it wasn't our A team

Last edited:
Team Melli has departed for Brazil. They have probably arrived there now. Pics from the farewell ceremony:

139208181109224121498333.jpg

Iran U-16 Claims Caspian Cup Title
June 06, 2014 - 15:57
Iran U-16 football team defeated Turkey 1-0 in final match of the Caspian Cup and claimed the title.

In the match held at the Baeil stadium in Baku, Azerbaijan on Thursday, Nima Mokhtari scored the only goal of the match in the 19th minute.

Iran was reduced to 10 men in the 63rd minute. Reza Karimi was sent off after receiving a red card.

In the bronze medal match, Azerbaijan defeated Tajikistan 4-0.

Brazil defeat Iran in thrilling five-set match

GetPhoto.aspx

Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 6, 2014 – Brazil needed five sets to overcome Iran 3-2 (25-23, 28-30, 26-28, 25-23 15-13) in their first match in Pool A on the third week of the 2014 FIVB Volleyball World League at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium on Friday.

Iranian hitter Shahram Mahmoudi topped all scorers with 22 points while Brazilian middle blocker Sidnei dos Santos (Sidao) contributed 16 markers.

The first set started as the two teams battled hard to keep an even score. Brazil played excellent defence that led them to take an 8-6 advantage in the first technical timeout.

Mohamed Seyed started with a series of good serves that improved the Asians’ game. As Sidao worked the service line, Brazil took a 15-11 advantage. Iran reacted well towards the end of the first set by scoring three consecutive points despite the loud cheers from the Brazilian supporters, which alerted coach Bernardo Rezende (Bernardinho) to call his two timeouts. The second break was successful as Wallace de Souza scored on a counter-attack to secure the first set 25-23.

Brazil returned in the second set with lesser mistakes and built an 8-4 advantage at the first technical timeout. Iran levelled the score at 8-all from their excellent blocking and Milad Ebadipour’s feisty serves. Brazil still managed to edge Brazil in the second technical timeout with a 16-13 lead. Iran improved its defence system and hounded the Brazilian side. Mojtaba Mirzajanpour’s counter-attack levelled the set at 21-all. After a series of ties and lead changes, the Iranian block and serve clinched the set 30-28.

The Iranians powered their third set stint from their second set momentum to run good defensive plays and accurate service that kept them on top 6-4. Sidnei dos Santos’s blocking worked well to spark another run to close the gap at 8-7. The set remained tight as both teams depended on their defence. Iran kept their consistency while Brazil committed costly errors to hand Iran with the 28-26 set-win.

Iran capitalised on its strong serves which troubled the Brazilian reception that gave a four-point advantage for the Iranians in the first technical timeout. Coach Bernardinho fielded in Raphael Oliveira, Leandro Vissotto and Murilo Endres, who sparked a run in the fourth set. Vissotto’s strong attacks helped cut the lead of Iran and even tied the score at 11-all. Iran lost focus on the service line as Brazil worked every point to claim the 25-23 win and keep them in the match for the tiebreaker.

Coach Rezende kept Raphael, Vissotto and Murilo in the final set to fire up a strong run in the fifth set. Iran tried to maintain its tactical service game but the home team improved its reception and stayed ahead. Vissotto fired up and scored on crucial spikes that revived Brazil to take the 15-13 win in the final set.

FIVB - Volleyball

Here is the video :

dl1.video.varzesh3.com/video/clip93/3/sport/valleyball/brazil_3_2_iran.mp4

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom