What's new

Iran sports thread

@Ostad
Athletico Madrid(Tiraxtur2) won Chelsea and is going to final of Champions League. :yay::yay::yay:
atletico-madrid.jpg

Azerbaijan, Land of fire :azn:
Guys, @ASQ-1918 @Azeri440 @Kamil_baku
Do you follow football?

The turkish player, Arda Turan, scored the third goal.
487477957.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg
Didnt know you guys in US was aware of sports called Football.:lol: (the original one ;))

Didnt know you guys in US was aware of sports called Football.:lol: (the original one ;))
To be honest, here, football is called soccer, and not football, and Americans say that soccer is girl's sport. :rofl: Since it does not have that much physical fights like the American football.
Average americans have no idea about soccer, and they love football. :lol::lol::lol:, but there are still some people who like soccer. :lol:

@rmi5

I watched the said match, they play a really good football. They are ahead in the race for Spanish league title as well (they are going to win the league if they can win their two next matches).

@xenon54 These different words for football and soccer is getting confusing for me. I don't understand that why all the globe, call it football, and only the main english speaking country of the world, calls it soccer. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

To be honest, here, football is called soccer, and not football, and Americans say that soccer is girl's sport. :rofl: Since it does not have that much physical fights like the American football.
Average americans have no idea about soccer, and they love football. :lol::lol::lol:, but there are still some people who like soccer. :lol:

American stuff like "American football", baseball etc. confuses the hell out of me. How the hell is it even remotely interesting?

Basketball is at least fun, and closer to the logic of football.

@rmi5

I watched the said match, they play a really good football. They are ahead in the race for Spanish league title as well (they are going to win the league if they can win their two next matches).
Yup, they have 88 points and only 3 matches are left. Barcelona has 84 points with 3 remaining matches and Real Madrid has 82 points and 4 remaining matches. So, athletico has a very good chance to win spanish league. the only problem is that athletico needs to play with Barcelona in the city of Barcelona.

Yup, they have 88 points and only 3 matches are left. Barcelona has 84 points with 3 remaining matches and Real Madrid has 82 points and 4 remaining matches. So, athletico has a very good chance to win spanish league. the only problem is that athletico needs to play with Barcelona in the city of Barcelona.

The Barcelona match are not going to matter if they win their next two matches. They are three points ahead of Real, so if they win their next two matches, and lose against Barcelona, they would still win the league.

Why? They have the advantage over Real in matches played between the two sides. Out of two matches they have played this season, one ended with draw, and the other with Atletico victory.

@xenon54 These different words for football and soccer is getting confusing for me. I don't understand that why all the globe, call it football, and only the main english speaking country of the world, calls it soccer. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
Soccer is the original football because ist played with your feet but i dont understand why americans call their weird sports football since they use more their hands than feet. :lol:
Also soccer is much older than this weird sport. :coffee:

American stuff like "American football", baseball etc. confuses the hell out of me. How the hell is it even remotely interesting?

Basketball is at least fun, and closer to the logic of football.
LOL, the point is that these sports have a longer history than soccer in US, and people usually are fan of their own city team. Baseball and basketball are pretty interesting, but to be honest, american football is not that much interesting.
You know, the funny point is that american football has nothing to do with foot, and is called football, while soccer which is all about foot and ball, is called soccer. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

The Barcelona match are not going to matter if they win their next two matches. They are three points ahead of Real, so if they win their next two matches, and lose against Barcelona, they would still win the league.

Why? They have the advantage over Real in matches between the two sides. Out of two matches they have played this season, one ended with draw, and one with Atletico victory.

consider that Real has one more remaining game than Athletico. if athletico loses to Barcellona and real wins all of its games, we may end up like 94 points for Athletico, 93 points for barcelona, and 94 for real. the bad news is that real madrid has higher goal difference. :(
But, that's the worst case scenario. Athletico has already won Barcelona, one time in this year. ;)

Soccer is the original football because ist played with your feet but i dont understand why americans call their weird sports football since they use more their hands than feet. :lol:
Also soccer is much older than this weird sport. :coffee:
I think in US, maybe american football has an older history. American football, needs to be called fightball. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
@rmi5

The first thing that matters is the results of matches played between the two sides. So Atletico has the advantage when it comes to that. Let's say, had both of those games beetween Atletico and Real ended in draw, then the goal difference would have been considered.

@rmi5

The first thing that matters is the results of matches played between the two sides. So Atletico has the advantage when it comes to that. Let's say, had both of those games beetween Atletico and Real ended in draw, then the goal difference would have been considered.
I think in spanish league, first they count goal difference and then their mutual matches, but I am not sure. Anyway, I am 95% positive that they would win spanish league. ;)

nope , hockey is the only sport I watch
:o:
hocky? I have no idea about hocky. The only thing that I know is that it involves some wooden sticks and a weird ball. :lol::lol::lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom