Iran seeks enhanced defence ties with India

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Iran seeks enhanced defence ties with India

Jul 22, 2013

NEW DELHI: Iran is seeking to enhance defence ties with India and its envoy GholamrezaAnsari met defence minister A K Antony on Saturday. The defence minister is said to have welcomed the idea about the need for more bilateral defence exchanges between the two countries.

Pointing to achievements made by Iran and India in the defence and military industry, according to Iran's Press TV, the Iranian envoy expressed Tehran's readiness to enhance relations with New Delhi.

Ansari's meeting with Antony comes days after Iran's President-elect Hassan Rouhani, in a letter to PM Manmohan Singh, called for expansion of bilateral ties between the two countries. Emphasizing on the historical and cultural bonds between India and Iran, Rohani said there was mutual trust between the two countries and that it was important to ensure peace and stability in the region.

According to the Press TV report, the Iranian army is equipped with a wide range of domestically-manufactured military and defence equipment, including ground surveillance radar systems, personnel carriers, drones, destroyers, submarines, and missile-launching frigates.

Iran seeks enhanced defence ties with India - The Times of India

India wont be interested in defence ties but economic ties Iran is more than welcome. Evenif we increase defence ties it will remain to non lethal platforms and cooperation between two forces at various levels like Pirate control patrolling

I may guess what they may buy from us. but what are we gonna buy from them???

Iranian Chinooks at low cost :cheesy: making uncle sam mad ;)

Oil and perhaps they will give you the F-14, so you can send it to China and Russia.

To china ???:undecided:

And whats techno juice will be in those F-14 which where given to them decades ago ???

I may guess what they may buy from us. but what are we gonna buy from them???
what ever be dear.....we need to start thinking for better and good relation with shia community or country......
time has come .......we need to treat them different and more respectfully

even in India you can see their conduct and behavior.....mostly qualified and well established....with in Indian society they have good respect.......so we can't generalized ............no doubt they are different than Sunni.........so we need to look at them from different prospective........

Interesting that Iran says so inspite of the fact that India- US has now a strong defence ties. But its nice though, if it helps India in any way India should go for it...it might not help in the defence sector directly , but it can have its benefits in other areas later on.

Interesting that Iran says so inspite of the fact that India- US has now a strong defence ties. But its nice though, if it helps India in any way India should go for it...it might not help in the defence sector directly , but it can have its benefits in other areas later on.

my point of view is totally political and power balance

I guess by this move Israel will try to become more friendly to counter indo-iran ties!

India in win win situation:)

Oil and perhaps they will give you the F-14, so you can send it to China and Russia.

ya and their "state of art". killer drones :blah:
anyway ties are always welcomed:smitten:

The increased cooperation with Iran is a good move. IMO , in the long run Iran will be a more important partner in the region than others .

The increased cooperation with Iran is a good move. IMO , in the long run Iran will be a more important partner in the region than others .

Iran has always been an important partner. But their intransigence on the nuclear issue is a problem. We've been there remember, even IF you want to go nuclear you don't start off by issuing a public threat of nuclear war against another nuclear nation.:undecided:

Otherwise we built the Chabahar port there and are in talks of helping them extend their terrestrial transit system so as to create the Norrth-South Transit Corridor. Check this out- http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/06/05/307288/india-eager-to-invest-in-irans-chabahar/

Iran has always been an important partner. But their intransigence on the nuclear issue is a problem. We've been there remember, even IF you want to go nuclear you don't start off by issuing a public threat of nuclear war against another nuclear nation.:undecided:

Otherwise we built the Chabahar port there and are in talks of helping them extend their terrestrial transit system so as to create the Norrth-South Transit Corridor. Check this out- PressTV - India welcomes investment in Iran?s Chabahar: Indian official

What is your take on Iran going nuclear ??

Except that issue , IMO , Iran will be India's most important partner in the region. They are resource rich , a technologically developing country and give us access to Afghanistan and Central Asia .

Local built Cheap kornet ATGM and shkval torpedo copies maybe.Iranians have built a number of systems locally.

Defence co-operation might not be buying 'always' I think. It could be also intelligence gathering, sharing, Joint ventures, Tech share and stuff....We can sell them Dhruvs too.

Eventually Indian is going to have to choose defence coop between Israel or Iran. I believe India has a ton of JV's with Israel and it is not wise to risk it to appease conditions of India's non-alignment policy. Eventually if India did maintain defence coop pacts with both, the two other parties will become highly suspicious of sharing tech as they would (in their eyes) have no guarantee that the other side would get an in depth analysis of their equipment and/or capabilities. IMO, stick with those that have got your back in the past. Invest more in JV's with Israel in (a fanboy's dream) a joint Indo-Israeli

i) MBT (taking the best features of Merkava and Arjun)
ii)Stealth MCA instead of going at it on our own.
iii) Diesel-electric subs
iv) Cryptographical systems
v) Radar systems
etc

As for Iran, if absolutely necessary, we could invest in joint drone tech development...but that is as far as I can envisage....:undecided:

Unfortunately as mentioned...it is just a fanboy's dream. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom