What's new

Iran science output in future

when ur already big its hard to expand at the same rate.

Of course, however that rule does not always hold true.

For example, China's economy is four times bigger than India's economy, yet India can barely grow at 6.1% despite having a much smaller base size.

There are MANY factors involved. When you look at these "science rankings" on a per-capita basis, some countries are seriously under-performing (China and India especially).

In fact, China and India under-perform on almost all per-capita indicators.

i agree. but you cannot blame some Indians for being upset I mean having such a wealth of people by population you would expect them to be nearer to China and above smaller by population Iran

It is all about self belief and confidence. When you basically regard yourself below the white man, then you can never exceed him in capabilities. Chinese and Iranians have already grown out of their complexes of slavery. Indians are yet to grow and believe that it is possible to be better than the west.

No one compared India to any country until an Indian came on here and did so and appeared a bit disappointed that Iran was higher than India

But his point was valid.

And Can you please put forward your views or refute my statements followed by the part you quoted.

Well, they have a large university population and expanding. Beside that they are pouring in an increasing amount of money to research. In 2010, only 0.7% of Iran's GDP had gone to R&D and they are increasing that to 4%. So it is not impossible. All they have to do is to keep their growth rate and as indicated by sources I have mentioned in my opening post the experts agree that it might be possible indeed.

kk all i am saying that in 5 yrs ur expecting iran to add 25000 papers every year to increase production 6 times to 190000. dude starting from a low number and expanding it is easy but from already big is not that easy and that too in just 5-6 yrs time. this graph is based on the numbers from 2003 to 2010. i dont think iran will have more than 60000 a year by 2018.

Of course, however that rule does not always hold true.

For example, China is a 7.3 trillion economy, but we are still growing at the fastest rate in the world (at percentage terms).

Whereas India is a 1.6 trillion economy, yet India is finding it hard to grow at even 6.1%. Despite having a much smaller base size.

There are MANY factors involved. When you look at these "science rankings" on a per-capita basis, some countries are seriously under-performing (China and India especially).

In fact, China and India under-perform on almost all per-capita indicators.

nice ur trying to take a dig at india. india is a 2 trill economy by april this year and has grown at 7 % year on year. i am not gona talk about chinese economy.

but scientific production is different, can anyone tell me the iran's scientific output in 2011???

It is all about self belief and confidence. When you basically regard yourself below the white man, then you can never exceed him in capabilities. Chinese and Iranians have already grown out of their complexes of slavery. Indians are yet to grow and believe that it is possible to be better than the west.

Nob statement to satisfy your ego.

Scientific advancement is simply a mirror of Government patronage in the field of education and Research, India is doing pathetic in this field. So your point being? Mr Noob.

kk all i am saying that in 5 yrs ur expecting iran to add 25000 papers every year to increase production 6 times to 190000. dude starting from a low number and expanding it is easy but from already big is not that easy and that too in just 5-6 yrs time. this graph is based on the numbers from 2003 to 2010. i dont think iran will have more than 60000 a year by 2018.

First get your data right. It is not five years. It is seven, unless India is already living in 2013. The 25,000 figure is also wrong. In 2010, they had some 27,744. From 2010 to 2018, it is going to be 8 years and not 5. So if you want to talk about science first learn to be accurate. As I answered you before, Iran is expanding in monumental leaps. Till now they have proven all naysayers wrong. No body can predict future but the experts do not share your unscientific view in their scientific analysis.

Nob statement to satisfy your ego.

Scientific advancement is simply a mirror of Government patronage in the field of education and Research, India is doing pathetic in this field. So your point being? Mr Noob.

So then blame your government rather coming here and blaming the scientific analysis by SCImago and attacking China and Iran for being above you.

First get your data right. It is not five years. It is seven, unless India is already living in 2013. The 25,000 figure is also wrong. In 2010, they had some 27,744. From 2010 to 2018, it is going to be 8 years and not 5. So if you want to talk about science first learn to be accurate. As I answered you before, Iran is expanding in monumental leaps. Till now they have proven all naysayers wrong. No body can predict future but the experts do not share your unscientific view in their scientific analysis.
even if its 8 yrs iran still needs to add approx 21000 papers every year to reach 190000s levels by 2018.

how much iran output increased from 2010 to 2011???

I think there is some sense in what you say. Did you see recently a picture of that white Italian woman where Indian leaders were prostrating at her feet. I found it sad and embarrassing as an Asian

I appreciate the accuracy as a scientist you strive for unlike some on here who don't or cant even read the OP

Publishing paper is not a big deal , but where u publishing? citations of that paper , research impact on respective field is impt and potential benefits.

Are you saying this because you are not happy that a country with a population of 1.2 billion can not compete with a country of 80 million

So then blame your government rather coming here and blaming the scientific analysis by SCImago and attacking China and Iran for being above you.

Here's my above statement, now bring in some rational thinking and explain where i attacked CHINA or IRAN?

I just asked for proper justification and and criteria for the above ranking.

I'd say, don't use this thread as a purpose to dig against India.

Take a look at this thread. Germany, France and Japan,UK below Iran? How'd you justify it?

Iran have phenomenal advancement in Science in recent years, and nobody is denying it. But how much of their research really made any impact in the scientific community?

They say they have excellent Nanotechnology research facility, but does they have any sub-22 nm Nanofabrication facility which even countries like Belgium has? Any research on Graphene based Nanoelectronics? or Nano-medicine based Drug Delivery?

Even i'm shocked to see India's position that high in the list.

even if its 8 yrs iran still needs to add approx 21000 papers every year to reach 190000s levels by 2018.

how much iran output increased from 2010 to 2011???

Again it is certainly possible. 2011 data is not yet out. But the Scopus shows that Iran has moved up two ranks from 19th in 2010 to 17th in 2011. All they have to do is move up ranks and reach 4th position. Moving up two ranks each year would mean they would be at 3rd position in 2018. This means they are actually over performing as of now and playing their hand well. You worry about yourself and your position. Do not be a leg puller. And do not get jealous. Be constructive. Talk about why India is not doing as well as China instead of picking on Iran.

Man cool...... whites are ahead in every research I having personal experience(even with some nobel laureates) they having great minds and they knw how to relate ideas. Our people dng research on somebody laid path ,innovation still lacking for our people it will take time to out perform those legends.

I must say that it is very ungentlemanly conduct. We should be congratulating China Iran and even Malaysia and Pakistan rather than complaining that India should be higher or putting down other countries achievements

Back
Top Bottom