What's new

Iran science output in future

That is right. But China takes the limelight as it tops the list. And so some extent Iran which has made it to fourth position. What is even more interesting is that the nation that drops the most in ranking is no other than Israel. They moving down the ranking fast.

China only gets to that position due to the large base output, which is a result of our large population.

On a per-capita basis, we are still under-performing significantly compared to nations like Iran.

(Even if you consider only the 2010 data alone.)

China only gets to that position due to the large base output, which is a result of our large population.

On a per-capita basis, we are still under-performing significantly compared to nations like Iran.

Even if you consider only the 2010 data alone.

there are some in our neighbourhood could learn from the Chinese trait to be humble. Still bravo to Chinese for leading the way. That is what I call truly Incredible to be number 1 and play it down

I think their prowess (Israeli) is deceptive and due to the massive grants given to Israel from Americans. With Americans with an unsustainable deficit I think it is inevitable that Israel will be like any small country without any resources whether they be manpower or rather more inanimate resources come down

That is the truth. As soon as the funding stops, the science suffers. With American economy in shambles, Israelis will find lesser and lesser of American aid pouring in.

That is the truth. As soon as the funding stops, the science suffers. With American economy in shambles, Israelis will find lesser and lesser of American aid pouring in.

Its amazing how grants and good propaganda make the Israeli state look so powerful I am convince now that a lot of thought has gone into populating the table in the manner it has been

(Even if you consider only the 2010 data alone.)

Still, China is at the top of the list beating US. And with large population base, it means the room for improvement is quite large.

there are some in our neighbourhood could learn from the Chinese trait to be humble. Still bravo to Chinese for leading the way. That is what I call truly Incredible to be number 1 and play it down

Chinese are so cool and calm. They never brag and they never get jealous. Even if you meet them in real life, they like to keep quite and work hard, disregarding the troubles on the way. Understatement is the way of life there.

Its amazing how grants and good propaganda make the Israeli state look so powerful I am convince now that a lot of thought has gone into populating the table in the manner it has been

Yeah, its certainly the case. Israel only has the US to thank for whatever they have. But the situation can not go on forever. Americans are getting tired of bankrolling this nation and providing it with all its science and technology. It is not a self sufficient nation.

I must commend you Longbrained too often we are talking about bad news. Its good of you to bring up an article that cheers our neighbourhood and shows it in a good light

You are so kind and observant Aryan Bhai. In fact that was my intention. To bring something good in the darkness of western led propaganda news. The thing is such stuff are seldom reported by western propaganda outlet. It is simply too scary for them to report such findings. But nonetheless these scientific reports exist and should be cherished. Things are moving in the right direction, while western propaganda outlets want us to stop and move back to dark ages. They want to break our resolve and belittle us at every chance they get. This is being done so that our self respect and self confidence go so low that we would not be able to ever produce something worthwhile and challenge their domination on the planet. We have to grow out of slave mentality and rise up to challenges.

You're right actually, Malaysia has done really well too.

That means out of the four highest performing nations, THREE of them are Muslim-majority. :)

To follow up on this point:

During the "Islamic Golden Age", the Asian/Middle Eastern region produced one of the greatest scientific leaps in the history of humanity.

It looks like these nations are now remembering their past... with their enormous leap in scientific output.

Maybe we will witness another Islamic Golden Age in the near future?

To follow up on this point:

During the "Islamic Golden Age", the Asian/Middle Eastern region produced one of the greatest scientific leaps in the history of humanity.

It looks like these nations are remembering their past, with the enormous leap in scientific output. Maybe we will witness another Islamic Golden Age in the near future?

That is the aim. To bring back the glory home. During the same era you are talking about the relations between China and Islamic lands were also very excellent. For example the Chinese astronomers used to work along side Iranian astronomers in Maragheh observatory. And even the great Kublai Khan had given his most beautiful daughter, Princess Cocachin for marriage to Iranian Shah and she became the Iranian queen as documented by Marco Polo. Possibilities in today's world are endless indeed.

hmm nice iran. :cheers:, i am always proud of iranians and their hardwork.

i personally think in just 5 yrs from now iran cant go from 27000 to 190000 is practically impossible. u need to understand the chart properly. if iran added scientific papers from 4000 to 27000 at the rate of 574%, it doesnt mean the it will do the same for 27000 to 190000. this is not a number game.

from 4000 to 27000 iran was easy as iran had to expand present unis. iran started from a very low base and started expanding. it easy to expand from 4000 to six times higher 27000 but iran wont be able to add more than 5000-6000 a year, taking its production to 60000 by 2018. as i said this is not a number game.

on the other hand i am kinda surprised it shows india on no 6. i would say india will be on no 3. india is trippling its scientific expenditure this year and extablishing new unis.

i personally think in just 5 yrs from now iran cant go from 27000 to 190000 is practically impossible. u need to understand the chart properly. if iran added scientific papers from 4000 to 27000 at the rate of 574%, it doesnt mean the it will do the same for 27000 to 190000. this is not a number game.

from 4000 to 27000 iran was easy as iran had to expand present unis. iran started from a very low base and started expanding. it easy to expand from 4000 to six times higher 27000 but iran wont be able to add more than 5000-6000 a year, taking its production to 60000 by 2018. as i said this is not a number game.

on the other hand i am kinda surprised it shows india on no 6. i would say india will be on no 3. india is trippling its scientific expenditure this year and extablishing new unis.

So basically, you think that Iran should be ranked lower, and India should be ranked higher. :lol:

That's why we have these reports, to cut out the (obvious) bias from some people towards their own country and against others.

So basically, you think that Iran should be ranked lower, and India should be ranked higher. :lol:

That's why we have these reports, to cut out the (obvious) bias from some people towards their own country and against others.

i am not comparing india and iran. ur a chinese so u should be good in maths. in order to reach the level of 190000 iran needs to add roughly 25000 papers every year. while in past iran has never added more than 4000 a year. u realize that how many new phd unis need to be built in 5 yrs?? it can take atlest a decade to establish a decent phd uni and expand it.

all i am saying it is not a number game. when ur already big its hard to expand at the same rate.

I'd say, don't use this thread as a purpose to dig against India.

Take a look at this thread. Germany, France and Japan,UK below Iran? How'd you justify it?

Iran have phenomenal advancement in Science in recent years, and nobody is denying it. But how much of their research really made any impact in the scientific community?

They say they have excellent Nanotechnology research facility, but does they have any sub-22 nm Nanofabrication facility which even countries like Belgium has? Any research on Graphene based Nanoelectronics? or Nano-medicine based Drug Delivery?

Even i'm shocked to see India's position that high in the list.

i agree. but you cannot blame some Indians for being upset I mean having such a wealth of people by population you would expect them to be nearer to China and above smaller by population Iran

i am not comparing india and iran. ur a chinese so u should be good in maths. in order to reach the level of 190000 iran needs to add roughly 25000 papers every year. while in past iran has never added more than 4000 a year. u realize that how many new phd unis need to be built in 5 yrs?? it can take atlest a decade to establish a decent phd uni and expand it.

all i am saying it is not a number game. when ur already big its hard to expand at the same rate.

Well, they have a large university population and expanding. Beside that they are pouring in an increasing amount of money to research. In 2010, only 0.7% of Iran's GDP had gone to R&D and they are increasing that to 4%. So it is not impossible. All they have to do is to keep their growth rate and as indicated by sources I have mentioned in my opening post the experts agree that it might be possible indeed.

Back
Top Bottom