What's new

Iran says negotiating with Russia for Sukhoi fighter jets

Wasn't all this during sanctions? Hence why Russia refused? I mean now they are willing to sell the S-300 after the agreement.

Who said this !?
They won't sell anything to Iran ... They just asked us to ignore previous contract and sign new one for this .... probably , higher price and without any guaranty from Russian side ...

Wasn't all this during sanctions? Hence why Russia refused? I mean now they are willing to sell the S-300 after the agreement.

Mig 29 A problem is belong to 2001-2002 , Sanction were from 2007-2009 ....

till now , Russia is refusing to sell Mig 29 A spare parts to IRan ... so how they gonna sell Su 30 !?

this is just another Russians tactic to use Iran as a card against west ....

We make and provide SU 30 spare parts like oman etc so i think it won't be a problem.:coffee:

We make and provide SU 30 spare parts like oman etc so i think it won't be a problem.:coffee:

lol , when we tried to make spare part for Mig 29 A , We find out that we need to produce individual spare parts for every single fighters ...

it is hard to know what is Russia plans as they are close to Israel

Iran should go for 100 SU35 and it will give them 25 years of service and 4.5 gen is good option for next 35 year (all airforces are currently doing the same) and by 2020 Iran will make heavy investment of 5 gen and by 2025 it will start receiving the same.

Iran should go for 100 SU35 and it will give them 25 years of service and 4.5 gen is good option for next 35 year (all airforces are currently doing the same) and by 2020 Iran will make heavy investment of 5 gen and by 2025 it will start receiving the same.
Iran should never buy from Russia! Why? Because historically the past 200 years Russia has not been a trustworthy partner. You don't build the backbone of your military branch using your neighbor's equipment which you will eventually have problems with. Doing that means you better accept their influence over your affairs in the region.

Iran should wait! Try to purchase outdated F-4's in the European and Asian militaries that it knows well for the coming war with ISIS and in 2 to 3 years when trust is built in the region go for French or Swedish 4.5 and 4 gen planes. For the ISIS war US will not oppose leftover F-4 and F-5 in storage of the former operators to be transferred to Iran and that is the best option for Iran fight and required sorties against ISIS for now and it is the cheapest one.

For Fighting the GCC and the adversaries in the region in the coming years! Well forget about it, building the air force is already too late. You would not have it till the next 5 years. Better reduce tension in the region so you need not to confront the GCC for the 5 years to come. Better put the 15 billion dollar building defensive infrastructure than paying Russian craft.

Anyway purchasing Russian planes is equivalent to Russian influence which is not welcome... guess what that is no problem with IRGC and the commanders in charge ... so I guess we will go for it anyway!

I say ... Hell No to Russian equipment and Purchase and Russian influence .... No Su-30, SU-35 or Mig for Iran

We should organize a national campaign to oppose military purchases from Russia! Such campaign even if not successful would give at least upper hand to Iranian negotiators even if they want to go Russian!

No to Russian Planes! No to Russian Influence ...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom