What's new

Iran says negotiating with Russia for Sukhoi fighter jets

why iran should go for pak-fa?
ans =1) let,s take a look of iran,s naibour air force fighter................................:smokin:
2) perfect timeing (arms embargo possible end time 2020. and that time iran can be a partner of pak-fa as like india ).........................:smart:
3) uncle sam...............:usflag:

F-15S_RSAF.jpg
ZK072-Royal-Saudi-Air-Force-Eurofighter-EF-2000-Typhoon_PlanespottersNet_148067.jpg
3077_001.jpg
537da27d8749d.jpg

7C1F41D93ACBAB0ECC38C09D28FACCCCC35A868A
f-35-makes-landmark-aircraft-carrier-landing.jpg
Iranian missiles are much more effective than these expensive fighters. When Iran shoot one of her accurate missiles it will land and hit the target by 100%, but fighters have to pass the enemy's air defense and also enemy's fighters and then even if they can pass hitting targets is only 50% possible.

Iran should consider newer Su-35 instead of older Su-30. Nonetheless good development as Iranian Air Force needs new fighters.

Another Hindutva with false flags.

Dangerous development. Iran is inching close to our arch rival and is getting hostile towards us. We should take a look at our inventory and explore new options.

Iran should consider newer Su-35 instead of older Su-30. Nonetheless good development as Iranian Air Force needs new fighters.

Another Hindutva with false flags.

hehehe people here call you false flager and ask you to wear afghan flag and you are accusing me :angel:..Kuch Sharam Hoti Hai, Kuch Haya Hoti Hai.

Su-30 or 35 can be stop-gap measure for a few years but as a long term investment to form the core of the AF, they are pretty much useless since 5th generation aircrafts will be all around Iran by the next decade. Countries like Turkey, UAE, Israel and Saudi are in all probability going to purchase F-35. While Russia will have PAK FA and Pakistan will have some Chinese 5th gen fighters and India will have some variant of PAK FA.

Iran should also join a 5th generation project like PAK FA or J31 or both in a ToT arrangement similar to India's FGFA with Iran producing at least some of the components and assembly inside Iran.

The era of 4th generation fighters is about to end. Buying 4th generation fighters now specially in large numbers is stupidity and an economic mistake. It would be like a country buying 3rd generation fighters in 1990's.

I disagree. Any AF cannot be only filled with 5th gen aircraft. 5th gen aircrafts arent exactly completely stealth as being articulated by many. Iran's with its old ageing planes, needs some 150 4,4.5 gen planes to acclimatise on before moving on to 5th. Its hard for technicians to make such a big jump.

Iranian missiles are much more effective than these expensive fighters. When Iran shoot one of her accurate missiles it will land and hit the target by 100%, but fighters have to pass the enemy's air defense and also enemy's fighters and then even if they can pass hitting targets is only 50% possible.

then why iran still operat it,s air force.............?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

then why iran still operat it,s air force.............?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
It's needed but missiles are in priority. The money that is needed for R&D of a fighter isn't comparable to missiles. Also missiles are much more effective in attacks. Iran needs billions dollars investment if wants to make a fifth gen fighter which would be just waste of money by considering Iran's current economic situation. Iran needs to upgrade its air defense and missiles more and more. Also buying some Su-30 or 35 isn't bad but necessary.

Last edited:
It's needed but missiles are in priority. The money that is needed for R&D of a fighter isn't comparable to a missile. Also missiles are much more effective in attacks. Iran needs billions dollars investment to make a fifth gen fighter and by considering Iran's current situation that's just waste of money. Iran needs to upgrade ger air defense and missiles more and more. Also buying some Su-30 or 35 isn't bad but necessary.

my friend "i belive war should fought with sword and shield". for succes you should have offencive and defencive capability both.......................:coffee:

yeah I didn't think so since Korea never picked the Pak-Fa, but it's a sign that Suhkoi forsees Iran could buy it

As I remember the PAK FA chart was created by a fan based on a official chart by sukhoi on the Su-30.
He may have used some real info on it

Russia is facing money problems on the project so they will most likely offer it to Iran as India has reduced their orders

My comment from another thread:

As with the S-300, if Iran gets the Su-30 it will be a heavily modernised one suited to Iran's needs. I think the reason they are talking about getting the Su-30 and not su-35 and mig-35 (in the short term anyway) is probably because:

a) There is more willingness on the Russian part to give TOT and allow license production for the su-30.
b) The Mig-35 and Su-35 are not yet in proper mass production whereas the Su-30 has been in production for a long time so Iran probably can get it much faster.

Initially, Iran will probably import directly from Russia su-30's and in the longer term, there will be licensed production inside Iran.

Su-30 can greatly modernise Iranian airforce obviously. If Iran can get license production of it inside Iran, it will be good news.

Just my opinion.

After this deal, Iran will certainly go for 5th gen fighters. Whether direct purchase, or even start a joint project with China etc.

Back
Top Bottom