What's new

‘Iran respects all divine religions’

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]haha yeah

but that's only because of IR. Outside Iran, Iranian zoroastrians are really into this whole missionary conversion game.

Most would call it re-version.

Remember. Look back and within.

Know what it means to be truly Persian.

Cast away the ambiguity of your rudderless "secular" or "statistical Muslim" existence.

To truly enbrace your past and ancient heritage, you need to walk the path of Asha once more.

I know... A lot of the Persian nationalists outside the country have converted to Zoroastrianism. So have a lot of the ones on the Los Angeles Satellite shows.

The head of NIAC (National Iranian American Council) is a guy named Trita Parsi. He is Zoroastrian by birth.
Oh I didn't know. I thought he was a convert.

Most would call it re-version.

Remember. Look back and within.

Know what it means to be truly Persian.

Cast away the ambiguity of your rudderless "secular" or "statistical Muslim" existence.

To truly enbrace your past and ancient heritage, you need to walk the path of Asha once more.
who knows man, maybe one day I will convert just so that I can get the word "muslim" out of my papers, but that day is a long time away. I just don't see a difference between one fairy tale and another fairy tale.

History doesn't lie. Sassanid Iran was a theocracy and post 1979 Iran has also been a theocracy. Islamic or Zoroastrian, tyranny is tyranny. I would much rather have Iranians grow the **** up and leave their ancient mindsets behind. Religion is secondary in importance these days.

who knows man, maybe one day I will convert just so that I can get the word "muslim" out of my papers, but that day is a long time away. I just don't see a difference between one fairy tale and another fairy tale.

History doesn't lie. Sassanid Iran was a theocracy and post 1979 Iran has also been a theocracy. Islamic or Zoroastrian, tyranny is tyranny. I would much rather have Iranians grow the **** up and leave their ancient mindsets behind. Religion is secondary in importance these days.

Bro, history does not lie.

Zoroastrianism never spread by the sword.

Recognize from where the violent streak in your blood comes from.

Your and my ancestors lived by the creed of Humata, Hukhta, Hvrashta - Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds.

Our ancient faith gave much to the following faiths of Judaism, Christianity and finally Islam.

The mother faith.

What you follow or do not follow today is what was forced upon your people. Against their will. For centuries.

Till they were tired and simply gave up rather than die or live in penury on their own land as second class vassals.

Is this what the proud Persian race has fallen to?

Would you have Iran playing second fiddle to the beloved Arabs in the Muslim world, or Iran being top dog in the Zoroastrian world?

I have tears in my eyes even typing this.

Ha ha ha what a utter load of B.S you dopes think fire worshipping can even compare to islam

The most conversionary faith in the world, there is only ine god and only one path to him the worlds 1.6 billion muslims will soon be over 2 billion

You fireworshippers are walking into a whole world of pain

Brother I have nothing against your faith.

Our scriptures foretold the coming of your prophet.

There is enough room on this planet for both of us.

You say Islam is the religion of Peace?

Start living up to it then.

We are not fire worshippers.

And we are not afraid of you. Never have been.

Our faith is the parent faith from which yours was born.

A parent does not fear its child.

Only shows him the way.

Bro, history does not lie.

Zoroastrianism never spread by the sword.

Recognize from where the violent streak in your blood comes from.

Your and my ancestors lived by the creed of Humata, Hukhta, Hvrashta - Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds.

Our ancient faith gave much to the following faiths of Judaism, Christianity and finally Islam.

The mother faith.

What you follow or do not follow today is what was forced upon your people. Against their will. For centuries.

Till they were tired and simply gave up rather than die or live in penury on their own land as second class vassals.

Is this what the proud Persian race has fallen to?

Would you have Iran playing second fiddle to the beloved Arabs in the Muslim world, or Iran being top dog in the Zoroastrian world?

I have tears in my eyes even typing this.
Dude, you're living a fantasy. The modern world doesn't work like that. In every society these days you will find hundreds of opinions. Westernized Iranians for the most part are secular. Globalization has brought Western ideas and mindser to every society.

There is no violent streak in us. The Sassanids did what they did because they were under pressure from all sides. They had to deal with Arabs and Romans while there was a ton of internal problems. They decided that conformity and tyranny was the only option.

If you want my opinion, I think many young people will convert/revert to Zoroastrianism if the regime is changed. That however depends on what type of system replaces the current one. Society as a whole isn't ready, but hundreds of thousands of people def'n are.

But I would rather have a mature secular nation than a majority zoroastrian country that is still stuck in the past.

have you seen this btw
Shia Converting to Zoroastrian - YouTube

the mullah is saying that a lot of Iranians are becoming zartoshty and we should be more worried about this than trying to make sunnis and christians convert to shiaism lol In his own words, "let the sunnis and christians stay where they are thank you very much, we should worry about our young shias becoming zoroastrians"

Ha ha ha what a utter load of B.S you dopes think fire worshipping can even compare to islam

The most conversionary faith in the world, there is only ine god and only one path to him the worlds 1.6 billion muslims will soon be over 2 billion

You fireworshippers are walking into a whole world of pain

you're walking a fine line. This is the Iranian section and that kind of talk gets you banned.

I will never convert to Zoroastrianism. I'm a atheist and in my opinion there is not much difference between religions. Everyone of them claims a moral truth and is based on dogma's. I think Zoroastrianism nowadays have a more cultural function among Iranians, than a religious one.

But besides that, I hold a higher regard of Zoroastrianism than I do of Islam.

I think Zoroastrianism nowadays have a more cultural function among Iranians, than a religious one.

When a faith is part of a people and a civilization as great and vast as the Persian one for 4000 years, it becomes hardwired into their collective unconscious. Into their DNA.

Where then do you say culture ends and religion takes over or vice versa?

Zoroastrianism IS being Persian.

You cannot divorce the two. That is what your generation is fighting for and against in your confusion today.

Both inside Iran and outside.

I am happy for it. I am happy for you.

And more than anything, I am happy for the souls of our departed who fought but never bowed. Never succumbed.

Where then do you say culture ends and religion takes over or vice versa?

Very simple: if a God comes with it. And with it theoretical rules and dogma's based on mythical tales and human imagination.

Zoroastrianism IS being Persian.

In my opinion those two things can be separate. Zoroastrianism is just one of the religions that is made by humans. Very simple. Don't think because our ancestors one day believed in Zoroastrianism, we have to do also. I have read about Zoroastrianism and I came across many backward elements I can find in any religion. One element is how Zoroastrianism regards homosexuals.

You cannot divorce the two. That is what your generation is fighting for and against in your confusion today.

I am happy for it. I am happy for you.

I'm not in confusion today. I'm Iranian and atheist.

Surenas, the reason why a vast majority of your generation have turned away from religion is not becuase of the religion of your past. Your mullocracy will not endure.

Your faith and that legacy of your civilization will.

It is what makes you unique even today in the Muslim world at large.

It is equally also what makes you an outsider. Always. :)

My high regards for Persian is also for the same reason . They saved their heritage and culture as did we in India from different Regimes who still have regret for not wiping out Persian and Sanskrit Language .

My high regards for Persian is also for the same reason . They saved their heritage and culture as did we in India from different Regimes who still have regret for not wiping out Persian and Sanskrit Language .

We in India saved a lot more than our heritage and culture.

India will always be a shining beacon to the world for that unbroken link.

And the reason why Hinduism will always be seen as an equal partner to Christianity.

Thats why Ferdowsi is the greatest Iranian ever lived.

I have read news and articles that Tamazhight is considered as inferior language in many countries in North Africa and majority feel that it should have no official status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom