What's new

Iran rebuffs proposal for hotline with U.S.

Dude, I have actually seen and met many Iranian students at my university in Thailand (one of the largest international universities in Thailand), and I can say that those guys are just light years ahead of any of us. Yes, even all South Asian nations combined.

If Iran wasn't under sanctions for the past three decades, it would've become an industrialized nation by now. Indeed, it is the Germany of the Islamic World. We have a lot to learn from Iran since it is one of the oldest countries in the world with a powerful cultural and historical heritage.

All it needs now is effective leadership.

As far as super power is concerned, it is difficult, but not impossible. And certainly that won't be in the interests of the Americans or even the Chinese. If Iran ever does take the path to a super power, it'll have all my support :enjoy:

Agree with you. The scientific achievements that Iran is making largely on its own speak for themselves. I think the sanctions might actually help it in the long term by making it self-sufficient and improving its domestic technology.

I love iranians they not only have balls but are the only muslim country to even attempt counter american zionist propaganda

Stop lying, please. It is now history. I thought one of the virtues of a true Muslim is not lying. Saudi was fully backing Saddam the guy who started the war. We all know that. You fed Saddam and then he turned on you so you had to go and beg female US marines to come and protect you. Remember that time?

Thee are two sides to very story. Saddam attacked Iran because they moved their troops to shat alarab where he signed andeal with the shah that it would be half for Iraq half for Iran the new government considered the deal void and moved thier troops there.

Thee are two sides to very story. Saddam attacked Iran because they moved their troops to shat alarab where he signed andeal with the shah that it would be half for Iraq half for Iran the new government considered the deal void and moved thier troops there.

And what's wrong with that?

Stop lying Musa. Have some fear of God when you are so blatantly lying. Saddam went on live TV and tore down the agreement and moved 100 kilometers into Iran. The new Iranian government had dissolved the army and had no forces on the ground. At least if you want to lie, wrap so that it is not evident. Saddam was a disgrace for Arabs. And Saudis supported him.

Stop lying Musa. Have some fear of God when you are so blatantly lying. Saddam went on live TV and tore down the agreement and moved 100 kilometers into Iran. The new Iranian government had dissolved the army and had no forces on the ground. At least if you want to lie, wrap so that it is not evident. Saddam was a disgrace for Arabs. And Saudis supported him.

The objectives of Iraq's invasion of Iran were[citation needed]:
Control of the Shatt al-Arab waterway by Iraqis
Acquisition of the three islands of Abu Musa and the Greater and Lesser Tunbs, on behalf of the UAE
Annexation of Khuzestan to Iraq
Prevent the spread of the Islamic Revolution in the region

There are two sides of every story. Saddam was a mad man but no one attacks for no reason.
Iran annexed the three UAE island but they turned a blind eye he used as an excuse to get their and our support. Plus Iran's attempts to export it's revolution and the constant attacks on ships and threats made by Iranian officials further made it seem like the right choice.

Iran annexed three islands? What are you smoking Musa? Iran has been there for thousands of years. UAE came to being by a British conspiracy in 1971. How can UAE claim Iranian islands? Annexation of an Iranian province? Prevent Islamic revolution? Musa, are you smoking pot again? None of these you said can be a pretext for war. As of United Nations definition of an aggressor, a country that for WHATEVER reason cross the international border in hostility is at fault. Now you can go on condone the heinous actions of Saddam and keep lying here or you can have the humility to say that Saudis and Saddam were wrong. It is upto you. Truth and history are not going to change by your meager words.

Iran annexed three islands? What are you smoking Musa? Iran has been there for thousands of years. UAE came to being by a British conspiracy in 1971. How can UAE claim Iranian islands? Annexation of an Iranian province? Prevent Islamic revolution? Musa, are you smoking pot again? None of these you said can be a pretext for war. As of United Nations definition of an aggressor, a country that for WHATEVER reason cross the international border in hostility is at fault. Now you can go on condone the heinous actions of Saddam and keep lying here or you can have the humility to say that Saudis and Saddam were wrong. It is upto you. Truth and history are not going to change by your meager words.

Read about these islands mate. Iran has missile bases there now directed at UAE.

Read about these islands mate. Iran has missile bases there now directed at UAE.

I have read about the islands and they are as Iranian as Tehran. And Iran can put there whatever it wishes. They are not American lackeys to take permission from Washington where to keep their assets. Remember UAE came into being by a British conspiracy in 1971. BRITISH CONSPIRACY against Muslims. On the other hand Iran was there since 3500 years. So your claims are getting ridiculous by the day.

Iran has the right to place its missiles to any direction it pleases. Any country that has objections should knock Irans doors and recieve a missile up its arse

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I have read about the islands and they are as Iranian as Tehran. And Iran can put there whatever it wishes. They are not American lackeys to take permission from Washington where to keep their assets. Remember UAE came into being by a British conspiracy in 1971. BRITISH CONSPIRACY against Muslims. On the other hand Iran was there since 3500 years. So your claims are getting ridiculous by the day.
Even Iraq is made up by British

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

You speak the truth, thank god that there are still sane and informed people in the world

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

:tup: good post

you are not ashamed to say such lie?
let me explain you : there was a deal with shat alarab that it delimates the two countries
When shah was kicked out the country, there was no army from iran going there and there was no step of any kind concerning this
But saddam thought Iran 's revolution would WEAKEN its army . Then he decided to take the lands that in a past it was arab (most of the history it was more persian than arab). That was how this guy deciced to invade our country.
And you know what? It was kind of a miss for us. It was too difficult with the army to fight saddam because of the revolution. So that 's why the basij and pasdarans were the key for success

I cannot understand that not only you are not ashamed to have helped saddam
but you are making a fake statement

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

these british were very good to create a hell for all of us
the funny part is that we don't ask they give back UAE but these bas..rds asking us to give the three islands?
they think money and their good relations with USA Europe can give them any right .

you are not ashamed to say such lie?
let me explain you : there was a deal with shat alarab that it delimates the two countries
When shah was kicked out the country, there was no army from iran going there and there was no step of any kind concerning this
But saddam thought Iran 's revolution would WEAKEN its army . Then he decided to take the lands that in a past it was arab (most of the history it was more persian than arab). That was how this guy deciced to invade our country.
And you know what? It was kind of a miss for us. It was too difficult with the army to fight saddam because of the revolution. So that 's why the basij and pasdarans were the key for success

I cannot understand that not only you are not ashamed to have helped saddam
but you are making a fake statement

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

these british were very good to create a hell for all of us
the funny part is that we don't ask they give back UAE but these bas..rds asking us to give the three islands?
they think money and their good relations with USA Europe can give them any right .

Saddam invaded us too not just you you know that man was a wacko. I agree his main reason for attacking was that is Arab regions in Iran where Arabs live.

I am always astonished by Iranians. They think they have claim to Eastern Arabia because their Empire was there once upon a time. And quite frankly such a belief will not make you any different from Israel.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

So by your logic UAE is not a legitimate country and the great country of Iran should annex it then??

With all do respect both Iran and Saudi Arabia have tensions, it's known the USA did what Khomeni couldn't Iran has influnce in Iraq, Bahrain, and eastern Saudi Arabia.

I am always astonished by Iranians. They think they have claim to Eastern Arabia because their Empire was there once upon a time. And quite frankly such a belief will not make you any different from Israel.
Ah let me try to explain.

First there is an analogy that is much more convenient than Israel :
Alsace in Germany and France: There was a land that was part of France in a time and part of Germany in a time and much further in the past it was a same empire. People didn't want to be german they feel their own culture special inside France.

They are the same tribe than in Iraq. Yes. By the way not all arabs are same tribe. We have much respect for this tribe anyway. I mean they have a great history.
We have no problem with this tribe . There is nothing to do with tribe matter.
It was only the idea of this crazy saddam.
And you should know that the same tribe of arabs: they were massacred by the army of saddam. so there is really nothing about tribe matter in this. Saddam just believed he could take lands . that's all.

Back
Top Bottom