What's new

Iran raises death toll from coronavirus to 8, infections to 43

frankly I believe we will be f***ed, especially here in Iraq, officially there are only 5 cases.. in reality the number I have no doubt is in the hundreds if not thousands, I'm surprised neighboring countries have yet to cancel all travel with Iraq, the government is doing absolutely nothing to contain it, there is severe shortage in the most basic things that a hospital needs & this shortage was present several years ago, hospitals have zero kits to detect the Corona virus, so if some one is infected there is pretty much no way to find out about him, there is still travel to & from Iran which is quite stupid, officially there are some travel limitations with Iran but in reality there are absolutely no restrictions.

in Lebanon it has appeared too, officially the number of cases I think is 3 or so, in reality it's probably far much higher like in the hundreds, I say it's higher because the diagnosis that they do is an absolute joke, in one particular incident when Lebanese travellers arived to Lebanon from Iran the doctors asked the travellers "do you have any symptoms of corona virus, fever etc.." once they responded with "I have no symptoms" they were considered not infected! people from all the Arab countries go to Lebanon for tourism, Lebanon is one of the top destinations for tourism from all other Arab states, so it's like a ticking time bomb in the middle of the Arab world & I believe that bomb has already exploded.
the middle east is totally not prepared for this.

when corona virus first appeared in China, on Arabic youtube videos 70% of comments were saying things like "this virus is a soldier sent by Allah to punish the Chinese because of mah Uyhgurs" & even in my own college one of my colleagues (a female sunni muslim) said in a facebook post that Allah will show "his wonderous might" upon the Chinese because of Uyghurs, well... I guess now Allah is about to show off his wonderous might upon the Arab world.

Close the border with Iran immediately. The mad mullahs will not enforce strict quarantine procedures in the holy sites, and will allow this virus to spread unchecked.

As per UK guidance, the WHOLE NATION of Iran has immediately jumped into "category 1" risk because of their nonsense. Despite China battling for months now against this virus, only Hubei remains at "category 1". The rest of China is "category 2".

This is testament to correct procedures being applied in China, however desperate the situation may be.

Whereas the geniuses in Iran have surrendered immediately, trusted mullahocracy and left it all to fate.

Seriously, you cannot make this crap up.

As I understand, the border to Iran is "sealed", whatever that means. Hopefully nobody returning from Iran before the closure is infected.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public#advice-for-travellers

WHOLE of Iran = category 1 risk.

Close the border. No further bllcrap.

So Iran's incompetence and lies brought Corona to the Middle East. News is that they knew 5 days before it was made public. Pilgrims were allowed in and out of the country during this time.

Last edited:
I am very concerned about the Iranian-Afghan border. Unfortunately Iranian proxies won't stop their efforts due to this coronavirus.

Pakistan should do all it can to help the Taliban seal off the Iran-Afghan border. It can easily get to Pakistan from Afghanistan as we have a porous border.

Current Indian internal mob violence and killings of Muslims also are troubling. Pakistan should seal the whole border with India. Domestic instabilities of surrounding states is prime environment to spread these epidemics.

Israeli dogs are heavily infected.

9 South Koreans test positive for coronavirus after returning from Israel

Israeli Health Ministry publishes list of places the group visited, including Jerusalem, on February 8-15 trip, warns anyone who was in close contact with them to self-quarantine
By TOI STAFF and AGENCIES22 Feb 2020, 12:44 pm 6

Medical workers wearing protective gear carry a patient infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus at a hospital in Chuncheon, South Korea, February 22, 2020. (Yonhap/AFP)
  • 6,741shares

The Health Ministry on Saturday said nine South Koreans tested positive for the coronavirus after a recent visit to Israel.

The Koreans were in Israel from February 8-15 and were confirmed to have the virus upon their return to South Korea, according to a statement from the ministry.

The ministry called on anyone who was in close contact with the Koreans to report this and self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of their last interaction.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories FREE SIGN UP

It also posted a list of places the group visited, among them Netanya, Caesaria, Nazareth, the Sea of Galilee, the Dead Sea, Beersheba, Jerusalem and the West Bank city of Hebron.

The statement from the ministry came shortly after a BBC reporter in Seoul said seven South Koreans from a tour group to Israel of 77 organized by the Catholic Church tested positive for the virus upon their return home.

It was not clear whether they were carrying the virus when they arrived in Israel. Symptoms of the virus can take up to two weeks, and possibly longer, to present. South Korea has reported over 400 cases of the virus to date.

“We’re trying to clarify if someone from the local churches was in contact with them [the South Koreans],” Wadih Abu Al-Nasr, the Vatican’s spokesman in Israel, told Channel 13 news.

“I’m hoping they weren’t infected in Israel. I wish them a speedy recovery and hope and pray that none of our people here were infected by this problematic virus,” he added.

The manager of a Jerusalem hotel where the group stayed during its visit told Channel 12 that staff that cleaned the group’s rooms had been instructed by the Health Ministry to self quarantine.

“Other hotel workers must report if they feel ill or develop any symptoms,” he said. He added that employees were calm.

The Israel Nature and Parks Authority confirmed the group visited the national parks Tel Beersheva, Masada and Caesaria.

“Instructions were given to employees at the sites who were in contact [with the South Koreans],” it said in a statement.

The report comes a day after Israel reported its first case of the novel COVID-19 virus, an Israeli woman who returned to the country after being quarantined on a cruise ship off Japan that saw a large number of infections.

South Korea on Saturday reported an eight-fold jump in viral infections in four days to 433, most of them linked to a church and a hospital in and around the country’s fourth-largest city, where health workers scrambled to screen more than 9,000 worshipers.

7 of South Korea’s confirmed coronavirus cases had just returned from an 8 day trip to Israel. 77 people were on the holiday organised by their Catholic Church.

— Laura Bicker (@BBCLBicker) February 22, 2020

There’s concern that the death toll, currently at two, could grow. Virus patients with signs of pneumonia or other serious conditions at the Cheongdo hospital were transferred to other facilities, 17 of them in critical condition, Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip told reporters.

He said that the outbreak had entered a serious new phase, but still expressed cautious optimism that it can be contained to the region surrounding Daegu, where the first case was reported on Tuesday.

In some positive news, China said Saturday the daily count of new virus cases there fell significantly to 397, though another 109 people died of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. Most of the new cases and all but three of the deaths were in Hubei province, where the outbreak started.

However, in a troubling sign, Hubei’s government reported Saturday that a man showed symptoms of the virus 27 days after being infected, according to Reuters, nearly double the estimated incubation time of 14 days.

000_1P708C-e1582366730351-400x250.jpg

A passenger has her temperature taken by airport health staff with an infrared thermometer after arriving at Hong Kong International Airport on February 21, 2020. (Vivek Prakash/AFP)
The new figures, along with an upward revision of Hubei’s earlier count, brought the total number of cases in mainland China to 76,288 with 2,345 deaths. China has severely restricted travel and imposed strict quarantine measures to stop the virus from spreading.

Globally, nearly 78,000 people have been infected in 29 countries, and more than 2,300 have died. Italian authorities say a 78-year-old man died of the disease and the number of people infected has more than quadrupled due to an emerging cluster of cases in the country’s north. Many of the new cases represented the first infections in Italy acquired through secondary contagion and brought the country’s total to 19.

A dozen towns in northern Italy were on effective lockdown Saturday as a second death from coronavirus sparked fears throughout the area.

In the United States, 35 people have tested positive for the virus, including 18 who returned home from a quarantined cruise ship in Japan and one new case reported Friday in California.

Close the border with Iran immediately. The mad mullahs will not enforce strict quarantine procedures in the holy sites, and will allow this virus to spread unchecked.

As per UK guidance, the WHOLE NATION of Iran has immediately jumped into "category 1" risk because of their nonsense. Despite China battling for months now against this virus, only Hubei remains at "category 1". The rest of China is "category 2".

This is testament to correct procedures being applied in China, however desperate the situation may be.

Whereas the geniuses in Iran have surrendered immediately, trusted mullahocracy and left it all to fate.

Seriously, you cannot make this crap up.

As I understand, the border to Iran is "sealed", whatever that means. Hopefully nobody returning from Iran before the closure is infected.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public#advice-for-travellers

WHOLE of Iran = category 1 risk.

Close the border. No further bllcrap.

Proxy terrorism > Coronavirus.

Iran won't close any border.

People Fromm Kuwait Iraq Bahrain and Oman have contracted Corona after visiting Iran so it's spread on massive scale in Iran now and the mullah lies are more massive than the spread View attachment 608337

Syria and Yemen will be hit the worst. This bodes ill for the region.

Iranian government should quarantine their cities. What are they doing?

700 houthis who were being trained in qom city and been called back by houthi leader back to Yemen
Another disaster ready to happen

It is times like these that we should look for truces and peace deals to deal with a greater impending challenge. Unfortunately these sectarian muppets and US petro-puppets will end up burning the whole region and laying groundwork for epidemics. Idiots.

Certain gulf states! Have probably spread this virus like a plague in the region by now! With there foreign and expats using it has a transit point to travel.

i didnt even say anything about Armenia..
I meant about armenia
By the way why should I celebrate???
Are you crazy??? I don’t wish anything bad to happen to someone especially not to innocent civilian population
When i said about armenia I meant they are landblocked by Turkey and Azerbaijan due to armenian illegal occupation of azeri territory(20%)
They depend too much on iran that’s why i said poor armenians they will have to keep the border open otherwise they will starve
I honestly don’t know how you understood that i was celebrating this iranian tragedy/health crisis ???
You should read about caucus conflict between turkey azerbaijan one side and armenia on another before you start accusing me
By they way today was the date when armenians commited kholay massacre in 1992 all azeri victims were women children and old people i hope that now you understand what I really meant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom