What's new

Iran raises death toll from coronavirus to 8, infections to 43

when its deputy health minister goes to a press conference without a mask or anything

and some prayers for the official standing right next to him, as well as all the journalist and aides in that room please

when its deputy health minister goes to a press conference without a mask or anything

and some prayers for the official standing right next to him, as well as all the journalist and aides in that room please

You're acting as if he knew he was infected and went into that room. A little critical thinking will not do you any harm.

so? so no wonder iran has so much deaths and an exploding infected rate

You're acting as if he knew he was infected and went into that room. A little critical thinking will not do you any harm.
ya he went in there feeling unwell n coughing in critical times like this- all without any protection or so. thats being utterly irresponsible not jsut to himself, but every1 in that room- esepcially the official standing right next to him.
more ever, he's the deputy heath minsiter- all the more he should know about adopting a precautionary stance towards a crisis like this.

i repeat: no wonder Iran is in BIG trouble.

so? so no wonder iran has so much deaths and an exploding infected rate
There's shortage of mask, 3 Shipments of masks (that i know of) were sent to China before the outbreak started here.

dafuq.

ya he went in there feeling unwell n coughing in critical times like this- all without any protection or so. why so defensive?

You did not even watch the video you posted it seems. He was just sweating. Have you not seen someone be hot before in your life? The virus is spreading in many nations, not just Iran. You're trying to use this one incident to come to some foolish conclusions. Lets wait and while and see how your Indonesia will handle it.

There's shortage of mask, 3 Shipments of masks (that i know of) were sent to China before the outbreak started here.
nope not the point at all- then he shouldnt have attended the press confeference. Do u know how CONTAGIOUS it is?

You did not even watch the video you posted it seems. He was just sweating. Have you not seen someone be hot before in your life? The virus is spreading in many nations, not just Iran. You're trying to use this one incident to come to some foolish conclusions. Lets wait and while and see how your Indonesia will handle it.
talking to u is like playing a flute to a cow:

Iran's deputy health minister: I have coronavirus

Feverish Iraj Harirchi says disease ‘doesn’t distinguish between statesman and ordinary citizen’

Martin Chulov Middle East correspondent

Tue 25 Feb 2020 13.30 GMTLast modified on Tue 25 Feb 2020 13.58 GMT

Shares

Iraj Harirchi at a press conference on Monday, a day before he revealed his diagnosis. Photograph: Iran Press/AFP via Getty Images

Iran’s deputy health minister said he has contracted the coronavirus and placed himself in isolation, a day after appearing feverish at a press conference in which he downplayed its spread in the shrine city of Qom and said mass quarantines were unnecessary.

Iraj Harirchi posted a video on social media on Tuesday acknowledging he had caught the virus, which appears to be taking rapid hold in parts of Iran. The news has underscored widespread fears that the outbreak may have passed a tipping point, before authorities had been able to gauge its full extent.

Images of one of the country’s most senior public health officials appearing sweaty and pale and acknowledging he had contracted the disease left many Iranians deeply troubled and are likely to further paralyse a county reeling from its rapid onset. In the short video, Hirachi acknowledged that “many may get infected” echoing concerns that have taken root in the rest of the Middle East, which is home to millions of people living in densely packed refugee camps.

"I wanted to tell you that I got corona,” said Harirchi. “I had a fever yesterday. The tests came back positive last night. I isolated myself. Just a few moments ago, I was told that the final test came. I’ll start taking medicine. Generally, I feel fine. I just felt a bit tired, I had a fever, and it will drop.

“Be sure with the effort of the medical staff and ministry of health headed by the [health minister] and with your support and the state and military within the coming weeks, we’ll be victorious against this virus.

“We’ll defeat corona. Be assured. I’m saying this deep from my heart. This virus is democratic, and it doesn’t distinguish between poor and rich or statesman and an ordinary citizen.

“Many might get infected, but we have enough effective medicine, take care of yourselves. Take care of the nurses and doctors who work heroically.”

Iran has become the regional focal point of fears surrounding coronavirus. Neighbouring states have largely shut their borders and suspended pilgrimage routes. Schools and universities in many parts of the country have been closed. Four new cases were suspected to have been diagnosed in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk on Tuesday. If confirmed, it would take the national tally to five cases, a number that is widely expected to rise, possibly substantially, in the coming days. Afghanistan, Bahrain, Kuwait and Oman also reported their first new coronavirus cases, all in people who had been to Iran.

Meanwhile, Turkey diverted a plane from Tehran, which had been destined for Istanbul, to its capital Ankara, after 17 passengers were reported to have higher than average temperatures.

Additional reporting: Mohammed Rasool

with people like you and HIM, no wonder Iran is in big trouble

goodjob.

talking to u is like playing a flute to a cow:

Iran's deputy health minister: I have coronavirus

Feverish Iraj Harirchi says disease ‘doesn’t distinguish between statesman and ordinary citizen’

Martin Chulov Middle East correspondent

Tue 25 Feb 2020 13.30 GMTLast modified on Tue 25 Feb 2020 13.58 GMT

Shares

Iraj Harirchi at a press conference on Monday, a day before he revealed his diagnosis. Photograph: Iran Press/AFP via Getty Images

Iran’s deputy health minister said he has contracted the coronavirus and placed himself in isolation, a day after appearing feverish at a press conference in which he downplayed its spread in the shrine city of Qom and said mass quarantines were unnecessary.

Iraj Harirchi posted a video on social media on Tuesday acknowledging he had caught the virus, which appears to be taking rapid hold in parts of Iran. The news has underscored widespread fears that the outbreak may have passed a tipping point, before authorities had been able to gauge its full extent.

Images of one of the country’s most senior public health officials appearing sweaty and pale and acknowledging he had contracted the disease left many Iranians deeply troubled and are likely to further paralyse a county reeling from its rapid onset. In the short video, Hirachi acknowledged that “many may get infected” echoing concerns that have taken root in the rest of the Middle East, which is home to millions of people living in densely packed refugee camps.

"I wanted to tell you that I got corona,” said Harirchi. “I had a fever yesterday. The tests came back positive last night. I isolated myself. Just a few moments ago, I was told that the final test came. I’ll start taking medicine. Generally, I feel fine. I just felt a bit tired, I had a fever, and it will drop.

“Be sure with the effort of the medical staff and ministry of health headed by the [health minister] and with your support and the state and military within the coming weeks, we’ll be victorious against this virus.

“We’ll defeat corona. Be assured. I’m saying this deep from my heart. This virus is democratic, and it doesn’t distinguish between poor and rich or statesman and an ordinary citizen.

“Many might get infected, but we have enough effective medicine, take care of yourselves. Take care of the nurses and doctors who work heroically.”

Iran has become the regional focal point of fears surrounding coronavirus. Neighbouring states have largely shut their borders and suspended pilgrimage routes. Schools and universities in many parts of the country have been closed. Four new cases were suspected to have been diagnosed in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk on Tuesday. If confirmed, it would take the national tally to five cases, a number that is widely expected to rise, possibly substantially, in the coming days. Afghanistan, Bahrain, Kuwait and Oman also reported their first new coronavirus cases, all in people who had been to Iran.

Meanwhile, Turkey diverted a plane from Tehran, which had been destined for Istanbul, to its capital Ankara, after 17 passengers were reported to have higher than average temperatures.

Additional reporting: Mohammed Rasool

with people like you, no wonder Iran is in big trouble

Like I said, some critical thinking will not kill you. Try to use your head for a second. He came out after this press conference, not during it. Read your own source:

Iran’s deputy health minister said he has contracted the coronavirus and placed himself in isolation, a day after appearing feverish at a press conference

Forget a cow and a flute, this is like trying to talk sense to a non living matter.

Like I said, some critical thinking will not kill you. Try to use your head for a second. He came out after this press conference, not during it. Read your own source:

Forget a cow and a flute, this is like trying to talk sense to a non living matter.

why keep changing the point? the point is he shouldnt even be attending a press conference if he felt unwell.

More like u use your head instead. Y so evasive? with officials like this, no wonder Iran is screwed up

Unhappy cos i showed how imcompetent and irresponsible Mother Iran's government offical is? deal with it.

also, that's not what u said beforehand,. u innsinuated that he's merely feeling 'hot, until i linked the article of his self-admission of tesing positive for the coronavirus.

why keep changing the point? the point is he shouldnt even be attending a press conference if he felt unwell.

More like u use your head instead. Y so evasive? with officials like this, no wonder Iran is screwed up

Unhappy cos i showed how imcompetent and irresponsible Mother Iran's government offical is? deal with it.

Now you're just repeating yourself. Try reading my first comment to you and you'll see why your "he should not have attended the conference" is a moronic statement given he just sweating. Only in retrospect it was not a good decision, but at the time, many people can sweat during such press conferences, it does not mean they're infected.

Moreover, like I said, you better worry about your own Indonesia. You will not do much better, trust me.

also, that's not what u said beforehand,. u innsinuated that he's merely feeling 'hot, until i linked the article of his self-admission of tesing positive for the coronavirus.

Obviously the English language is not your strong suit. You don't seem to understand how chronology works. He realised a day after the conference he was infected, not during it. Try to understand this very simple fact.

Now you're just repeating yourself. Try reading my first comment to you and you'll see why your "he should not have attended the conference" is a moronic statement given he just sweating. Only in retrospect it was not a good decision, but at the time, many people can sweat during such press conferences, it does not mean they're infected.

Moreover, like I said, you better worry about your own Indonesia. You will not do much better, trust me.
nope u insinauted that he is merely feeling 'hot', not ill. otherwise, y would u say this:

He was just sweating. Have you not seen someone be hot before in your life? The virus is spreading in many nations, not just Iran. You're trying to use this one incident to come to some foolish conclusions.

i came to a 'foolish conclusion' that he was infected? so u're insinuating he was not, until i busted ur nut for every1 here to read for themselves by linking the article of his self-admission of testing positive for the virus?

im stating what can be seen from the video n has been posted.

keep being defensive.

nope u insinauted that he is merely feeling 'hot', not ill. otherwise, y would u say this:

At the time, that's all the symptoms he had. Once again, learn how time works. People don't know the future. He did not know the day after he would be diagnosed. Do I seriously need to even tell you such a logical thing?

i came to a 'foolish conclusion' that hes infected? so u're insinauting he was not, until i busted ur nut for every1 here to read for themselves by linking the article of his self-admission of testing positive for the virus?

Self admission, a day after after he was diagnosed. He did not know at the time. All he had was sweating during a press conference from the video. Nothing else. Sweating is not only caused by infection.

im stating what can be seen from the video n has been posted. keep being defensive.

You don't need to keep repeating yourself. It will not change the flaw in your reasoning.

At the time, that's all the symptoms he had. Once again, learn how time works. People don't know the future. He did not know the day after he would be diagnosed. Do I seriously need to even tell you such a logical thing?

Self admission, a day after. He did not know at the time.

You don't need to keep repeating yourself. It will not change the flaw in your reasoning.

He would have already felt unwell before the press conference and in times of crisis like this, he should have known better, especially when he's a health offical. why so defiant?

hope u or him dont ever get to govern Iran tho lol- the entire country will collapse.

every1 else vs you:

El Heffé
1 hour ago
Either these guys are just ignorant and stupid to the point where they aren’t taking precautions OR WHO downplayed this to the point where countries aren’t taking it as serious as they should be

Maximus Meridius
46 minutes ago (edited)
Everyone in the there government will be infected with the virus

Boffin Grusky
44 minutes ago
This is what irony in Iran looks like. Prayers for the citizens of Iran.

Big Buttons
54 minutes ago
What about the mic they were sharing and the box of tissue they moved around lol

windanwomp
1 hour ago (edited)
Wow, no mask or anything, and most, if not all, people at that conference will get infected. What makes this virus spread is ignorance of the characteristics of how easily this virus transmits person to person. We are doomed :(

keep up with the dumb defiance.

He would have already felt unwell before the press confertence and in times of crisis like this, he should have known better. why so defiant? hope u dont ever get to govern Iran tho lol- the entire country will collapse.

Repeating the same comment will not turn it into a more valid argument. Learn to engage properly other than copy+pasting the same thing.

every1 else vs you:

El Heffé
1 hour ago
Either these guys are just ignorant and stupid to the point where they aren’t taking precautions OR WHO downplayed this to the point where countries aren’t taking it as serious as they should be

Maximus Meridius
46 minutes ago (edited)
Everyone in the there government will be infected with the virus

Boffin Grusky
44 minutes ago
This is what irony in Iran looks like. Prayers for the citizens of Iran.

Big Buttons
54 minutes ago
What about the mic they were sharing and the box of tissue they moved around lol

windanwomp
1 hour ago (edited)
Wow, no mask or anything, and most, if not all, people at that conference will get infected. What makes this virus spread is ignorance of the characteristics of how easily this virus transmits person to person. We are doomed :(

These are people, like yourself that apparently think everyone sweating must be infected. I was sweating at work today, it must mean I have the virus then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom