What's new

Iran Protests - Irani Girls Burning Their Veils !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2019 , out 0f 5 candidates put forward by the chief of justice , parliament had to choose 3.

Suppose someone offered to bring you any fruit you wanted , what will you choose ?

A . an orange

B. an orange

C. an orange

Wow you went for the orange , what a surprise , did not see that coming , you must have an expensive taste ,

Sure, because you are familiar with the record, the views, program, political positioning and leanings of those five candidates... well no, you aren't. Which instantly annuls your contention that there's no difference between them.

Also, you again left out the possibility for parliament to reject the nominees.

Also, you again left out the possibility for parliament to reject the nominees.

In theory, if parliament rejects all candidates , they can always be replaced. But you can bet that the new candidate will also follow the Supreme Leader line.

It is a fixed game.

I know of one incident , where parliament indeed rejected all 5 candidates , as you suggested .

This was in 2001 , and Parliament rejected all 5 candidates proposed by the chief of justice. They argued that all the candidates where politically biased , legally inexperienced, and demanded that more liberal candidates be put forward.

But the chief of justice refused to change them , so the Expediency Council stepped in and sided ( how surprising ) , with the chief of justice.

What they did was bend the rules , so candidate would only need a relative, rather than absolute majority to be elected.

As i said , it is a fixed game . At the end of the day , the Supreme Leader always gets his way.

Those interested can read about it here :

~

Last edited:
I know of one incident , where parliament indeed rejected all 5 candidates , as you suggested .

You "googled" it, you mean.

This was in 2001 , and Parliament rejected all 5 candidates proposed by the chief of justice. They argued that all the candidates where politically biased , legally inexperienced, and demanded that more liberal candidates be put forward.

But the chief of justice refused to change them , so the Expediency Council stepped in and sided ( how surprising ) , with the chief of justice.

What they did was bend the rules , so candidate would only need a relative, rather than absolute majority to be elected.

Nice try, but I got news for you: a majority's a majority.

What this means, is that most of the democratically elected lawmakers who cast their vote either for or against the Guardian Council candidates nominated by the Chief Justice, freely chose to opt in their favor. Therefore the democratic process was upheld.

Excellent, balanced compromise solution offered by the Expediency Council. It prevented lasting institutional instability while at the same time guaranteeing that the nominees for the Guardian Council would be endowed with a democratic mandate.

Simple majority is by the way not uncommon a requirement in electoral systems. USA senators for instance, are elected by simple majority in every federal state except for Georgia and Louisiana. So it's fine when the Americans resort to it, but when it's practiced in Iran it's no good?

As i said , it is a fixed game . At the end of the day , the Supreme Leader always gets his way.

What's next, are you going to try and make us believe that Khatami was the Leader's preferred choice for the presidency? He surely wasn't.

Yet in this very episode you referenced, both the Supreme Leader and the Expediency Council intervened to have Khatami sworn in.

Kindly show us a case where a minority vote decided of the outcome. Then you may argue that the system is rigged to the benefit of a specific institution. Else the contention won't hold water.

Last edited:
Show us a case where a minority vote decided of the outcome, then you may argue that the system is rigged to the benefit of a specific institution. Else the contention has no leg to stand on.

Yehh sure , getting a relative majority in the Iranian parliament , how hard can this be ?

I have not even started talking about your parliament and who controls it.

Anyone wanting to run to parliament , must first be approved by the Guardian Council. So one can imagine what sort of candidates they allow in and who they disqualify.

And if it was not enough that they control who can get into Parliament , if somehow Parliament does manage to come up with something the Guardian Council does not like , they can always veto any legislation made by parliament.

I hope by now , anyone , who might have followed this thread , understands how the Supreme Leader has full control of the Guardian Council , despite all your efforts to mislead them.

Iran is not a democracy . I doubt anything you write here , will persuade members here differently.

Few example of how The Guardian Council controls parliament :

~

Yehh sure , getting a relative majority in the Iranian parliament , how hard can this be ?

This is the composition of the 6th Majles, which voted for the Guardian Council nominees in 2001:

a.png

The 2nd of Khordad front being the reformist coalition of the time.

In other words, any relative majority would realistically have had to consist of reformists for the most part.

I have not even started talking about your parliament and who controls it.

Anyone wanting to run to parliament , must first be approved by the Guardian Council. So one can imagine what sort of candidates they allow in and who they disqualify.

And if it was not enough that they control who can get into Parliament , if somehow Parliament does manage to come up with something the Guardian Council does not like , they can always veto any legislation made by parliament.

I hope by now , anyone , who might have followed this thread , understands how the Supreme Leader has full control of the Guardian Council , despite all your efforts to mislead them.

What you deliberately obfuscate, as usual, is that every single parliamentary election has featured candidates from the whole spectrum of competing and vastly opposed political forces. This is what the Guardian Council has always made sure of, in conformity with the spirit of the Constitution.

If you're having issues with the composition of the Iranian parliament, you'll basically be accusing the Iranian people of not voting the way you'd like them to.

As for voiding laws which run counter to the constitution, virtually every democratic system - as well as pseudo-"democratic" ones such as the liberal regimes of the west, feature a judicial institution tasked with doing so. In Iran it is the Guardian Council, in the USA the Supreme Court etc.

Iran is not a democracy . I doubt anything you write here , will persuade members here differently.

Feel free to doubt, but the Islamic Republic is among the most democratic systems anywhere, and certainly more democratic than liberal plutocracies / oligarchies. The talking points you presented have been successfully debunked.

Specious considerations. To understand the number of candidates barred by the Guardian Council, one needs to know that in certain Iranian elections, literally any citizen of age 16 or more can register as a candidate, and the process systematically and naturally attracts scores and scores of totally unrealistic, unqualified contenders.

Filtering in Iran does not happen on the basis of wealth or political connections as it does in the west.

Last but not least, no matter how many were disqualified by the Guardian Council, the final list of options always featured a wide array of candidates with vastly opposing political leanings for voters to choose from. This is what actually counts, not the mere number of candidates vetted or disqualified by the Guardian Council.

Last edited:
may Allah help the Iranian people

but I sincerely hope, this movement will not be hijacked by the west, like it usually does. Because then, the movement usually fails and dies down.

It's already been hijacked neo cons, liberals, anti Muslim islamaphobes, Hindu extremists, Jews, feminists

What could start as a reasonable request to allow more personal freedoms, turns into a toxic mess of stupidity

It's already been hijacked neo cons, liberals, anti Muslim islamaphobes, Hindu extremists, Jews, feminists

What could start as a reasonable request to allow more personal freedoms, turns into a toxic mess of stupidity

The riots have fizzled out and order has been restored, much to the dismay of Iran's existential imperialist enemies.

Last edited:
The riots have fizzled out and order has been restored, much to the dismay of Iran's existential imperialist enemies.

We have mutual enemies in the south east of Iran and south west of Pakistan that we need to terminate

honest human rights movements always die due to external interference

Who made you the spokesperson for Iranian women?

This happened after the religious police of Iran brutal beat an Iranian woman who was wearing a loose hijab. This religious police deserves death.
Even the mentality has to change. Look how they bombed a education center yesterday in Afghanistan killing 25 students, mostly women. How can they be opposed to girl education?? It has to be jahil uncivilized mentality that has to change.

Even the mentality has to change. Look how they bombed a education center yesterday in Afghanistan killing 25 students, mostly women. How can they be opposed to girl education?? It has to be jahil uncivilized mentality that has to change.
If people start getting educated then these clowns will start losing their power and influence.

the Islamic Republic is among the most democratic systems anywhere,

You already made this claim that has nothing to do with reality.

As for the issue of the government of Iran forcing woman to wear what they don't want.

I wander what would be your red line ?

Would you say the Taliban also has the right to force woman to wear the burka ?

They too can argue as you did , that they are just enforcing " a dress code " ?

Last edited:
You already made this claim that has nothing to do with reality.

...according to zionist regime and BBC / VOA propaganda. Ground reality tells a different story though, for the reasons explained.

As for the issue of the government of Iran forcing woman to wear what they don't want.

I wander what would be your red line ?

Would you say the Taliban also has the right to force woman to wear the burka ?

They too can argue as you did , that they are just enforcing " a dress code " ?

At this point it's an issue of correct interpretation of religious scriptures, of the Holy Qur'an and hadith narrations, because that's what the dress code in Afghanistan seeks to base itself upon. According to most scholars, covering the face isn't considered to fall under the minimal requirements of shar'i or religiously mandated hijab (which is distinguished from 'urfi or customary hijab). This said, if I'm not mistaken the Taleban haven't made the burqa mandatory in public this time around, but have instituted regular hijab rules.

At this point it's an issue of correct interpretation of religious scriptures, of the Holy Qur'an and hadith narrations, because that's what the dress code in Afghanistan seeks to base itself upon. According to most scholars, covering the face isn't considered to fall under the minimal requirements of shar'i or religiously mandated hijab (which is distinguished from 'urfi or customary hijab).

What happened to : " there is no compulsion in religion " ?

When people go to a mosque , church or synagogue , it is understandable they should respect the custom of the place. But in the public sphere ?

I don't see what business is it of yours if they decide to cover their heads or not.

if I'm not mistaken the Taleban haven't made the burqa mandatory in public this time around, but have instituted regular hijab rules.

From what I read they have made it mandatory in may :

Taliban order all Afghan women to cover their faces in public

~

Does not seem so . in fact seems now school girls started joining the protests :

And even if they do subside. You know they will just erupt again.

Or is it you think , people will just forget , you are forcing them to do something that they don't want to do ?

Woman sure wont forget , they wear a constant reminder hon their heads , every day.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom