What's new

Iran nuclear deal: Saudi Arabia warns it will strike out on its own

Well,

Since you said it should, I think your opinion equals China's on that issue ;) ..
I think KSA should be ready to have it at anytime, but just don't say anything.

Since Israel has the special relationship with USA, they are not the same.

The Israelis should come down a lil bit, Iran is no way near to them, and Hezbollah is being weakened since the Syrian crisis.

Actually, i think the best ties Iran has with an Arab Sunni country is with Oman? Or maybe I'm wrong?

Yes, they are heavily influenced by Arabs but they speak Persian, enjoy Persian music, culture is Persian and etc. Persians was a marine nation. Not always. But to say it never were is just silly.
Anyway, the thing is the Southern Iranians, don't consider themselves Arab either. They consider themselves Iranian. Which is why Saddam made the mistake to think that they would join him when he invaded and when he started the whole Persians vs Arab thing. Which they didn't but instead fought against him. Because they were and are Iranians.

Yeah i guess, but still a lot of Arab countries have had leaders who were originally in the Military.
As did many around the world.

And i think Ibn Saud had to reconquer large parts of KSA from the Al Rashid, and consolidated his control over the Najd in 1922?

But as you say, history is history.

Yes, forgot Oman. They are probably even more close.

Yes, I am sure they do that. Well, did I write "never"? Well what I mean is that you were not really seafarers as the Arabs were for example. Or Portuguese or Spaniards. I mean on the international scale like all 3 were. More regional scale.

I never said that Southern Iranians consider themselves Arabs. That would be a very stupid thing to say. All I said was that most of the about 1.5 million Iranian Arabs live in mainly Southern Iran along the coastline and that the region of coastal Southern Iran has been influenced by Arabs and also the other way - mainly in what is now Bahrain and parts of UAE.

Because they like most Iranians of that time were religious. Arabs are fighting among each. Iranians are fighting among each other. Just look at those supporting the regime or not inside Iran. Everybody fights among each other. Even families do. Hence why you can have a father and son that hates each other or brother and brother or daughter and mother and sister and sister. You name it.

Yes (too many of them), but those leaders did not proclaim themselves as royalty but were just deposits/autocrats/dictators. A good example was al-Gadaffi who, talking about rulers, was the second longest ruling non-royal ruler in history next after Fidel Castro.

The Al-Rasheed family, which ruled the Emirate of Jabal Shammar (because they ruled a part of Najd dominated by the mountain range of Shammar) ruled large parts of Najd but not the territories controlled by the House of Saud. All those local rulers are confusing. There were really a lot. Each village had its own sheikh/emir nearly LOL. It is famous because there is a saying that each arab claims to be a ruler/prince because some ancestors of his ruled. As a reference to all the rulers.
There is a quite famous London based journalist, granddaughter of the last Al-Rasheed ruler and she is quite vocal in her criticism of KSA. Probably is due to her families background and some disagreements.

Madawi al-Rasheed is her name. Don't agree with her much must be said.

Well,

Since you said it should, I think your opinion equals China's on that issue ;) ..

The Israelis should come down a lil bit, Iran is no way near to them, and Hezbollah is being weakened since the Syrian crisis.

I also think Iran is not pursuing the nuclear weapons for now, since their new President is more pro-West, he wanna first lift the sanctions that have heavily damaged on their economy.

If Israel already has the nuclear weapons, while Iran doesn't have yet, do you think KSA should go after it for the counter balance in Middle East?

I am fundamentally against nuclear weapons in the region. It is like adding extra powerful toxic to a already poisonous water. But since Israel already has them apparently and Iran is trying to develop them then it might force countries such as KSA, Egypt and Turkey to follow suit. Not sure if that is a good idea.

I am fundamentally against nuclear weapons in the region. It is like adding extra powerful toxic to a already poisonous water. But since Israel already has them apparently and Iran is trying to develop them then it might force countries such as KSA, Egypt and Turkey to follow suit. Not sure if that is a good idea.

This is inevitable, since a weakened USA will leave many regional powers in the Middle East possessing the nuclear weapons.

We all know that nuclear weapon is overall not good, but since someone already has it under possession, people have to follow the suit.

A country in a region like the one KSA is in, would be stupid if didn't introduce nuclear weapons.

I also think Iran is not pursuing the nuclear weapons for now, since their new President is more pro-West, he wanna first lift the sanctions that have heavily damaged on their economy.

Bro,

Iran already had the ability to develop nuclear weapons.

They are stuck in the delivery system as of right now.

A country in a region like the one KSA is in, would be stupid if didn't introduce nuclear weapons.

Bro,

Iran already had the ability to develop nuclear weapons.

They are stuck in the delivery system as of right now.

The launch of the space program serves the purpose for their ballistic missile, just like North Korea.

Yes, forgot Oman. They are probably even more close.

Yes, I am sure they do that. Well, did I write "never"? Well what I mean is that you were not really seafarers as the Arabs were for example. Or Portuguese or Spaniards. I mean on the international scale like all 3 were. More regional scale.

I never said that Southern Iranians consider themselves Arabs. That would be a very stupid thing to say. All I said was that most of the about 1.5 million Iranian Arabs live in mainly Southern Iran along the coastline and that the region of coastal Southern Iran has been influenced by Arabs and also the other way - mainly in what is now Bahrain and parts of UAE.

Because they like most Iranians of that time were religious. Arabs are fighting among each. Iranians are fighting among each other. Just look at those supporting the regime or not inside Iran. Everybody fights among each other. Even families do. Hence why you can have a father and son that hates each other or brother and brother or daughter and mother and sister and sister. You name it.

Yes (too many of them), but those leaders did not proclaim themselves as royalty but were just deposits/autocrats/dictators. A good example was al-Gadaffi who, talking about rulers, was the second longest ruling non-royal ruler in history next after Fidel Castro.

The Al-Rasheed family, which ruled the Emirate of Jabal Shammar (because they ruled a part of Najd dominated by the mountain range of Shammar) ruled large parts of Najd but not the territories controlled by the House of Saud. All those local rulers are confusing. There were really a lot. Each village had its own sheikh/emir nearly LOL. It is famous because there is a saying that each arab claims to be a ruler/prince because some ancestors of his ruled. As a reference to all the rulers.
There is a quite famous London based journalist, granddaughter of the last Al-Rasheed ruler and she is quite vocal in her criticism of KSA. Probably is due to her families background and some disagreements.

Madawi al-Rasheed is her name. Don't agree with her much must be said.

Actually, they were seafarers on an international scale. (Are we speaking pre-islamic persia or post-islamic?) in both cases they were seafarers, from travelling to greece and etc during pre-islamic times to going all the way to northern sweden during post-islamic times. I do however agree that i don't think they did much travel by sea during the Parthian and Sassanid time. Some but not much, not as much as during Achaemenid times or post-islamic times.

ok , guess i misinterpreted what you said about Southern Iranians then:)

I haven't really seen much fighting in families so can't really comment on that.

Actually, if we are only speaking on modern times then i guess you are right. But being a member of a prominent house doesn't equal being King. As i said, and now add...All royalty weren't royalty at first. Whether from prominent families or military , or commoners etc.

Aha ok :) Yeah, i just read that he had to conquer back the land and then unify it.

Last edited:
I just have a few things to add since so many people are talking about Indo-Iranians. To understand that, reading up on the Kurgan hypothesis initially would be a good start. The Proto-Indo-European (PIE) homeland was located somewhere around the Black Sea. Multiple groups of people & tribes lived here including the Indo-Iranians, the forerunners to the Thracians, et cetera. After a while the Proto-Indo-Iranians (PII) began to migrate towards the East, more specifically towards Andronovo. Other PIE tribes migrated towards Europe & came in to contact with the Paleolithic population residing there. Anyway, the PII settled in Andronovo & it was around this time other cultures came in to origin like the Sintashta culture. Note that the Bactria-Margiana Archaeological Complex (BMAC) doesn't have much if anything to do with the Semitic people. The people residing there were probably closer to the Harappans, & they themselves traded with Mesopotamia, Egypt, & even Arabia as far as I know. The PII consist of a few groups that include the Indo-Aryans, Iranic people, & Dardic people. Through the period of migration towards Afghanistan; which spanned over many years in fact. The Indo-Iranians came in to contact with a variety of different people. This includes the Harappans whom the Indo-Aryans had extensive interaction with. Let's not forget about the Elamites whom the Iranic people came in to contact with. Both groups absorbed elements of the different cultures around them. Even Vedic Sanskrit borrowed words from languages that no longer exist.

There was mixture with the local people after migration & mixture took place in multiple regions of the world so the Indo-Iranians are definitely not alone on that one. However, in spite of the mixture, the phenotype of different groups was also preserved. Remember that mixture isn't too extensive & most tribes & people in general across the world at that time mixed with tribes similar to them or those of the same genetic stock. Men & women of a particular ethnic group are generally attracted to their own or others that resemble them. Although, I have met people from different countries suffering from inferiority complexes too. Besides, most people back then with a shred of dignity & even today wouldn't give up their women so wars & conflicts also led to assimilation. The reason some groups of Indo-Iranians are less mixed than others is because of either less contact with others or simply because they wanted to preserve their racial heritage & that is their right to do so. I have met many Iranians while at university & many of them do look close to the pure IR appearance, while others do not. It depends on the region they are from I guess. It's the same for Afghanistan & others too. The existence of different races is a completely different subject & that could go on forever so I am not going to get in to that. Some people believe races exist, others don't & both sides are still looking for evidence to close this subject in an irrefutable manner. Personally, I believe that there are differences among the major branches of human races apart from the varying skin tones which actually vary among members of the same race. Accepting & respecting those differences would lead to greater tolerance & peace. Besides, too many people express different beliefs on this subject due to bipolar ideological reasons & some studies even end up getting biased because of that. As far as the Indo-Iranians go, their cultures & languages continued to evolve in to becoming what they are today. It should be noted that many non-Indo-Iranian ethnic groups in regions like Afghanistan all the way to India also adopted new languages & cultural traditions from them.

No body ever said that an X or Y state is going to attack you, clam down, and be rational.

Just for the record.

Actually, Ibn Rashid was defeated on two front with the help the British gave to him. He was the second strongest ally of Britin but it didn't save him.
Don't lie and fabricate history al saud didn't defeat him the British did he was loyal to the ottomans al saud were on the British side with the help of British artillery and machine guns even a British officer was killed that's proof that al saud didn't fight him without their British Allies

Don't lie and fabricate history al saud didn't defeat him the British did he was loyal to the ottomans al saud were on the British side with the help of British artillery and machine guns even a British officer was killed that's proof that al saud didn't fight him without their British Allies
Al Saud = British puppet government in hijaz to save israeal and her illegitimate interest in west Asia.

Back
Top Bottom