What's new

Iran now has her own S-300

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Iran creates competitor to Russian missile
Iran creates competitor to Russian missile

Iran reports that it has developed a version of the much-vaunted Russian S-300 air defense missile which Moscow last year refused to export to the Islamic republic. The concern at that point was that the export could have been a violation of one of the few United Nations sanctions Russia agreed to because of Iran’s nuclear program, according to a report in Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

Sources say that the Iranian version of the S-300, dubbed the Bavar (Belief) 373, is just as effective as the Russian version, suggesting possible collusion between the two countries in its development. One Iranian source said that technology from China also is incorporated in the indigenously built Iranian air defense missile.

The Bavar 373 is set to be delivered soon to the country’s integrated air defense network. Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brig. Gen. Farzad Esmayeeli said that the system is even more powerful and more advanced than the Russian S-300, claiming that it even could become a rival to the Russian version when it comes to exports.

Iranian sources suggest that the Bavar 373 will be mobile, with four loaded on each mobile truck launcher. It also will be able to undertake a cold launch from systems similar to existing missiles, such as the Tor-M1. These sources also indicate that the Iranians may even develop a shorter range missile that would be used to protect the Bavar 373 launch sites.

Since the Bavar will be operational shortly, mobile batteries undoubtedly will be positioned near Iran’s nuclear facilities sprinkled throughout the country for security purposes. Once the Bavar missile batteries are on location, there is every expectation that the air defense missile system will be formidable should either Israel or the United States, or both, decide to launch an attack on those nuclear facilities.

i have sth nice here:
1414h03ab.gif

Untitled3%7E1.png

almost daily a news comes about Iranian defense production with no foreign help... sure they are too much busy in research.

If Iran is realli successful in building a system equivalent to S-300 system that will be great news...I guess at least Iran will be able to defend itself more perfectly..... let us see if we can find out a live demonstration of the Iranian defence system.....then we will get a good idea about its accuracy and efficiency.....:coffee:

And the guys in your avatar built your F-16's ? LOL

Your officials are just bluffing and it's out of fear.

"Our naval forces are so powerful that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,"
:lol:

I believe the source and this is indeed fantastic news for Iran. Their achievements and acquirement's have resulted in them being better equipped and able to defends its land. As days go by this type of news gives more security and protection to Iranian civilians. I commend our Iranian brothers in yet another great achievement

After reading this

Sources say that the Iranian version of the S-300, dubbed the Bavar (Belief) 373, is just as effective as the Russian version, suggesting possible collusion between the two countries in its development.

I started wondering, how come they build something that is below the best on planet earth? This is just not possible.

Until I read this (the trademark of Iranian statements)

Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brig. Gen. Farzad Esmayeeli said that the system is even more powerful and more advanced than the Russian S-300, claiming that it even could become a rival to the Russian version when it comes to exports.

-------------------

We don't have F-16's idiot.

Actually he is right, UAE F-16s are also yours. :D

I highly doubt this news. The author of the article looks like a conspiracy nut and this is not factually backed.

S-300 is a very advanced missile defense system and it takes years of R&D Research to come close to it.

Your officials are just bluffing and it's out of fear.

"Our naval forces are so powerful that we have a presence in all the waters of the world and, if needed, we can move to within three miles of New York,"
:lol:

Hi, where was your Navy when Turkish flotilla incident happened, OR where is your Navy when there is permanent blockade to the Palestinian Gaza Port, send em in along with medicine and food, Thankyou Palestinians needs your Help.

Iranians have AntiShip cruise missiles in huge numbers, the damage it can inflict when your Naval ships are as much as 300KM away in Persian Gulf.

Back
Top Bottom