What's new

Iran leaders won't attend receptions serving alcohol: diplomat

ماشالله
If only Pakistani leaders had such courage!
search
search
search

Iran is not able to respect any other culture. Wine is part of the french protocoll and why should a proud nation like france change its protocoll for a nation like iran?

btw when we had our business trip to Iran we actually got wine in Esfahan?

Iran is not able to respect any other culture. Wine is part of the french protocoll and why should a proud nation like france change its protocoll for a nation like iran?

:tup:

As @haman10 said, no one is forcing them to do anything, they insisted on dinner with wine, Iran refused, hence 2 sides with meet normally and not on dinner.

Drinking wine is not their belief or religion, but not drinking wine is a belief here. Actually, if they wanted to truly respect their guest, they could say: "screw it, we can live without wine for one dinner", but since since drinking wine seems to be like religion for the French, 2 sides can meet normally and do their jobs, no one is going to bothered this way, win-win.

Most of French have wine on their table during the dinner,evrytime we eat,we have a bottle of wine on our table. Your president isn't going to die if there is a bottle of wine some meters away from him,nobody is forcing him to drink it and the bottle will not jump to his mouth. So what is the problem exactly,i don't understand,

Most of French have wine on their table during the dinner,evrytime we eat,we have a bottle of wine on our table. Your president isn't going to die if there is a bottle of wine some meters away from him,nobody is forcing him to drink it and the bottle will not jump to his mouth. So what is the problem exactly,i don't understand,

Its their racism, intolerance and crazy try to force their opinion on others.

Meanwhile their own people started to revolt and shout at Cyrus tomb that they are aryans and don´t pray to an arab

This is done to appease the religious hard-liners in Iran, who would tear Rouhani apart if pictures came out of him sitting at a table with alcohol.

just heared the news from france. my condolences. We all know who did this...the time comes where we have to face reality and do what must be done.

We don't think there is any problem. You guys seem to think there is a problem.

An Iranian official, due to his beliefs, doesn't want to attend a certain dinner. He isn't saying that France should be bombed or that he wants to cut all ties with France.

It's like if someone asks you to a private party, and they say, "We're going to drink, dance, and do cocaine", and you say, "well, I don't have a problem with the first two, but I'm not comfortable going to a party where cocaine is being used, so I will respectfully refuse". Is that strange? No, you aren't asking THEM to not do drugs, but maybe because of your own personal principles, you don't want to attend a party where drugs are being used.

People from the west talk about tolerance & understanding, but you guys only see things from your own view point.

I email Chinese brothers to serve you with cockroaches and Dog next time you go to their land as a diplomatic delegate... Wine to us is just another Dog...

Its their racism, intolerance and crazy try to force their opinion on others.

Meanwhile their own people started to revolt and shout at Cyrus tomb that they are aryans and don´t pray to an arab
dream baby...btw, we find your Western life style as a total failure.. A life style that drinks Alcohol while Christianity by jesus and all other Abrahamic religions forbid it... Christians that need to have Hijab based on their original form of religion but don't ( see its remnants in your churches where your women wear a total hijab)... people there wear hijab in Churches sometimes like when they come out of the church the God is gone!! European culture is no culture anymore... a culture can not allow gays, lesbians, same sex marriage... they are so rude that two men go to Church asking to marry them by the pastor!! European ex-culture has no family foundation left and they are dooming to non-existence soon...

This is funny..you talk like Iranian culture that is mentioned its unprecedented RICHNESS by every Western leader want to talk about Iran is not good and your EX-culture full of shame and inhuman abnormalities is a honorable one!! come one... you laugh us hard...

btw, what it is that you appeared again... Is it monkey day?

BTWW: French is harvesting what they cultivated in ME... Eat it with Wine so you don't feel the bitter taste of the self-cultivated seeds!

Not saying that killing innocent people is good... alll innocent people who got killed have my RIP and I ask Allah to bless their souls... but let us be real... Every day.. Thousands of innocent people are getting killed all around the world and your European rich culture never cares or deliver condolences.. so, it is a war... taste what you get from putting your useless, chaotic noses into other's assses

As @haman10 said, no one is forcing them to do anything, they insisted on dinner with wine, Iran refused, hence 2 sides with meet normally and not on dinner.

Drinking wine is not their belief or religion, but not drinking wine is a belief here. Actually, if they wanted to truly respect their guest, they could say: "screw it, we can live without wine for one dinner", but since since drinking wine seems to be like religion for the French, 2 sides can meet normally and do their jobs, no one is going to bothered this way, win-win.

This is actually a cheap "political" request by Hassan Faridoun (Rouhani). He wouldn't mind that in reality. In fact, most Persians are o.k with drinking. The ones I have seen outside Iran drink wine with and without occasion (men and women alike with the attendance of their children). Shiraz has also been a wine hub in Iran for centuries.

This is actually a cheap "political" request by Hassan Faridoun (Rouhani). He wouldn't mind that in reality. In fact, most Persians are o.k with drinking. The ones I have seen outside Iran drink wine with and without occasion (men and women alike with the attendance of their children). Shiraz has also been a wine hub in Iran for centuries.

Seeing men and women drinking wine is much more different than seeing president of Islamic republic of Iran sitting in a table where wine is served, no matter if he is personally ok with it or not.

Doesn't really take a genius to understand politics behind this, and also for one to know there is a difference between how a normal citizen acts or how a head of state acts (regardless of personal beliefs).

Seeing men and women drinking wine is much more different than seeing president of Islamic republic of Iran sitting in a table where wine is served, no matter if he is personally ok with it or not.

Doesn't really take a genius to understand politics behind this, and also for one to know there is a difference between how a normal citizen acts or how a head of state acts (regardless of personal beliefs).

It is only Islamic Republic by name. In reality, it follows regular pragmatism and intersts based policies (irrespective of Islamic principals). Even its main pillar (welayet faqeeh) was poorly implemented. Ali Khaminai wasn't the most important Iranian shia cleric after Khomeni's death. It was Bahramani (Rafsanjani) that brought him into that position. As we say in Arabic, "wasta", literally meaning a "middle man", used to say that I got something I wasn't entitled to, but my relationships made it possible.

Last edited:
TEHRAN: Iran's leaders won't attend events serving alcohol, a diplomat said Wednesday after French media reported that Iranian President Hassan Rouhani refused to attend a state dinner in Paris because wine was on the menu.

"According to Islamic values and teachings, officials of the Islamic Republic do not participate in ceremonies where alcohol is served," said the diplomat, who is in charge of protocol at Iran's foreign ministry, according to ISNA news agency.

RTL Radio reported this week that Elysee officials had cancelled plans for an official dinner for Rouhani hosted by Fench President Francois Hollande after Iran insisted it had to be alcohol-free.

Rouhani will travel to Italy and France on November 14-17 in a visit seen as an opportunity for rapprochement and renewed trade ties in the wake of July's landmark nuclear deal following years of strain between Tehran and the West.

Under the deal, Iran agreed to curb some elements of its nuclear programme in exchange for a lifting of United Nations (UN), United States (US) and European economic sanctions.

Rouhani is also set to meet Pope Francis during the Italian leg of his trip.

In October 1999, the reformist former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami also refused to attend a reception at the Elysee Palace because wine was to be served.

Iran leaders won't attend receptions serving alcohol: diplomat - World - DAWN.COM

Great, the more there is for the others to drink.:coffee:

Blame the Chinese.

The Earliest Alcoholic Beverage in the World

Chemical analyses recently confirmed that the earliest alcoholic beverage in the world was a mixed fermented drink of rice, honey, and hawthorn fruit and/or grapes

The residues of the beverage, dated ca. 7000–6600 BCE, were recovered from early pottery from Jiahu, a Neolithic village in the Yellow River Valley. This beverage currently predates the earliest evidence of grape wine from the Middle East by more than 500 years.

Where

China

When

7000–6600 BCE
Penn Museum - The Earliest Alcoholic Beverage in the World

See also History of alcoholic beverages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WTF are you trying to say ? that Iranian negotiating team went to brothels ? have you got any shame ?

be a man and speak english .

Holland can drink himself to death , i'm pretty sure Rouhani won't give a crap about it .

but he (Rouhani) cannot - according to our beliefs - attend a ceremony where alcohol is served . as simple as that .

we didn't ask him (holland) to convert to Islam or anything now , did we ? lol . cause that would be asking others to change .

don't make it emotional .

Its not emotional. Its simple diplomacy. No need to drink. No one is gonna force feed you alcohol. I mean other than a few states, there is simply no country who does not have alcohol off the Menu. Iran as a country comes first. Then the custom and religion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom