What's new

Iran launches Tareq 901 submarine, Sahand destroyer

there is no pic of sahand frigate.and you are explaining about a mock up.....

It is the mock-up image of yours posted above.

congratz
first image shows how our stealth +3000 tones destroyers looks like.
New-Frigate.jpg

wow...its owesome...

the mock up belongs to IRI PERSIAN.and that will have completd maybe in 2016 or 2017.

The names may change, It isn't much important. It is the naval terms you use to describe What you see on mock-up. My point of view is also based on them to tell my impressions about your 3000+ dwt "Stealth Destroyer".

Jamaran 2000dwt Destroyer and Then, 3000+dwt Sahand Destroyers. Mind blowing indeed !!! :)

What I understood from the mock-up is Perpendicular beam angels, open handrails at every floor, open missile launchers, resque boats, liferafts and many others, too many bull's eyes on each side similar like a ferryboat make it stealth at Iranian terminology. The helicopter area is too short to enable an helicopter to touch down.
I'm not an expert in naval vessels,but as far as I know,stealth destroyers or frigates can not completely hide from radars,but they are detected as a fishing boat or something like that.I don't think the things you mentioned can prevent Persian Gulf destroyer from being stealth.Here's some pictures from stealth destroyers or frigates,though they may have more advanced in weapons and radars,but they look like in most equipments to Iranian one,especially,HMS Daring.
HMSDaring.jpg

800px-120416-N-PK218-028_Royal_Navy_destroyer_HMS_Daring_%28D_32%29.jpg

MAGDEBURG_130-02_2008-03-04_03.jpg

753px-F805_Evertsen.jpg

I'm not an expert in naval vessels,but as far as I know,stealth destroyers or frigates can not completely hide from radars,but they are detected as a fishing boat or something like that.I don't think the things you mentioned can prevent Persian Gulf destroyer from being stealth.Here's some pictures from stealth destroyers or frigates,though they may have more advanced in weapons and radars,but they look like in most equipments to Iranian one,especially,HMS Daring.
Those stealth vessels have slides which I don't see in the Iranian one, the only similarity are in the radars. It's more of a rectangular shape that's in no way stealthy.

well.about sahand frigate...it will be able to carry 2 helicopter,it is bigger than IRI jamaran frigate,it will use AESA radar.
anyway the ship wont be that big.

edit:again i mixed up destroyer with frigate

guys....sahand is a frigate not a destroyer!

actually we had another sahand frigate too.but it got destoyed by US navy in a sea battle
1341213423668546_large.jpg

8vdh2owsqsrq4xdwrt9m%7E0.jpg

RIP to martyrs

well , first we need to make more and more frigate .... then we going to make better and better frigate and destroyer ....

don't compare Iran 5nd naval vessel with USA/Russia/France and other country who have more than 40 years experience in making naval vessels ( actually , most of them have more than 90 years experience in making the past and new generations of naval vessels ) .... Iran's experience in this matter is less than 10-15 years !!!

and we have to hurry and strengthen our naval vessel in less than 15 years ....

in better time , we will spend money for better designs ....

but even if you compare Jamaran's design with Sahand's , you can see improvement in design as well ....

It's still not clear to me what this article is all about.

1. Tareq 901 submarine is just a Kilo class submarine purchased from Russia, is not it?
2. What is this Sahand destroyer? In which port of Iran can we see it in 'action', boarded by its naval officers and such?

It's still not clear to me what this article is all about.

1. Tareq 901 submarine is just a Kilo class submarine purchased from Russia, is not it?
2. What is this Sahand destroyer? In which port of Iran can we see it in 'action', boarded by its naval officers and such?

1- yes , it is russian kilo , but Russian refuse to repair/upgrade it and then we force to repair/upgrade it by ourselves .... no even Russian haven't enough knowledge about it's sub systems ......

2- in Persian gulf ....

Back
Top Bottom