What's new

Iran launches advanced Jamaran destroyer

sorry but its not advanced

That's being presumptuous. The systems used on the ship are not revealed, and I wouldn't discount Iranian scientists. They have done remarkably well, what with all the sanctions they are under. The true capability of these ships will be a well guarded secret.

Congratulations to Iran for developing its indegenous defence industry so well :cheers::tup:

abi ...can u tell , what is the current strength of iran navy?

Last edited:
Are you still following me around? Ya know sumthin...I suspect that your outward hostility is a cover for a secret 'mancrush' you have for me. I am already spoken by a woman but am flattered :) nevertheless. You really do need to speak to a mental health professional about this internal conflict you are experiencing. Good luck.

This is speech unbecoming a self-respecting "military professional" in my layman's opinion.

Mr. Gambit, there is no need for you to rain incessantly on Iran's parade, however you feel the parade is "exaggerated" or not. They are under boycot and sanction - yet they managed the best they can. It doesn't help your cause to be seen as a bully, a sour graper - and that's unfortunately exactly how you have come across in this thread.

Why, did Iran shoot down one of your Airbuses in 1988?

3) We "are" building something to rival the S-300. It is going to be either the S-300 Russia will give us or the HQ-10. We're going to change its appearance so that Russia or China can save face in the international community and we get advanced SAM systems.

Now how are people going to "save face" with you "spelling things out" for them? :what::azn:

Are you going to change your name to "Dr. Khan" now? Don't forget he first and foremost earned his right to talk.

All of us will be better off if we did more and said less - if for no other reason but the fact that those with fingers on the buttons for war pay attention to what you have, and not what you say you have.

With that in mind, adeos and best wishes.

:cheers:

Iran's Navy on Friday took the delivery of the first indigenously designed and developed guided missile destroyer Jamaran in the presence of the leader of the Islamic Revelation Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.

The Mowdge Class vessel has a displacement of around 14,000 tonnes and is equipped with modern radars and electronic warfare capabilities.

Jamaran, a multi-mission destroyer, can carry 120-140 personnel on board and is armed with a variety of anti-ship and surface-to-air missiles.

It has a top speed of up to 30 knots and has a helipad.

The vessel has also been equipped with torpedoes and modern naval cannons. The destroyer's launch marks a major technological leap for Iran's naval industries.

More ships in its class are under construction.

SF/DT

Iran launches advanced <i>Jamaran</i> destroyer

:rofl::rofl::rofl:its at best a coastal patrol boat - 1,400 tons

Abi, Jamaran can't be a destroyer. Its way too small. Its too small to be even a frigate. And due to its limited size, its firepower will also be limited. Even in terms of firepower, i think this ship is only comaprable to a heavy corvette or very light frigate.

"Iran's Navy on Friday took the delivery of the first indigenously designed and developed guided missile destroyer Jamaran in the presence of the leader of the Islamic Revelation Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.

The Mowdge Class vessel has a displacement of around 14,000 tonnes and is equipped with modern radars and electronic warfare capabilities.

Jamaran, a multi-mission destroyer, can carry 120-140 personnel on board and is armed with a variety of anti-ship and surface-to-air missiles.

It has a top speed of up to 30 knots and has a helipad.

The vessel has also been equipped with torpedoes and modern naval cannons. The destroyer's launch marks a major technological leap for Iran's naval industries.

More ships in its class are under construction.

SF/DT

Iran launches advanced <i>Jamaran</i> destroyer
"

The article's text is word for word as you cut and pasted...except the article clearly states 1420 tonnes. Writing 14,000 took an intentional effort on your part to replace one with the other and constitutes willful distortion.

Destroyer, frigate, or corvette matters less to me than your efforts to intentionally obfuscate the facts as reported.

Why did you lie to us when via the link one can read the truth in the space of seconds? I can only presume that you believe most or all here don't read the actual links and those which might would assist your duplicity.

Very, very strange but makes clear anything you write isn't trustworthy. Were it left to me, I'd ban you for such nonsense as I can see no way 1420 became 14,000 without you intending such.

That post needs reporting and I shall do so.

Thanks.:usflag:
Abi, please explain. How did the text you pasted ended up with the figure of 14,000 tonnes while your link states its 1420 tonnes.

I say give Abi a break on this. Even this so-called "Naval Intelligence Blog" quotes a displacement of 14,000.

Even the Aljazeera (not known to be full-time "liers") says "14,000".

Anyways, a "14,000-tonne displacement" was all over the web. My guess is probably the original changed its typo a day or two later (which should be obvious even to lay persons), but copied texts did not follow.

I saw no correction in the original or retraction to indicate it had ever been reported as anything but 1420 tonnes by PRESS TV.

such a small ship cant act as destroyer.........not even as a frigate................keep it away from ISREALI or they may destroy it

It isn't meant to act as a destroyer. Using your logic, the latest FACs in the world are useless because they're not as capable as destroyers?

Back
Top Bottom