What's new

Iran launches advanced Jamaran destroyer

Right...So a corvette represent all of 'Western defense' mechanisms?

:rofl:

You must have a difficult time comprehending what I explained. Sorry...But I cannot make it any simpler without violating the laws of physics.

No, a corvette doesn't "represent all of Western defense" mechanisms because a corvette is a ship! :rofl:

On it however, are the defense mechanisms you talked about and they failed to intercept Iran's smallest anti-ship missile.

No, a corvette doesn't "represent all of Western defense" mechanisms because a corvette is a ship! :rofl:
Very good.

On it however, are the defense mechanisms you talked about and they failed to intercept Iran's smallest anti-ship missile.
Then how can you say that this piece of Iranian junk 'defeated' anything? It gone up against only one ship so far. Looky here...I know you are desperately gullible to grasp at any straw...But do try to exercise some critical thinking.

Very good.

Then how can you say that this piece of Iranian junk 'defeated' anything? It gone up against only one ship so far. Looky here...I know you are desperately gullible to grasp at any straw...But do try to exercise some critical thinking.

Western defenses must be a POS then if they failed to intercept this "Iranian Junk".

No they didn't. But Western anti-ship missile defenses failed to intercept Iran's lightest anti-ship missile, that is a fact.
You must be a very very simple minded teenager. You failed to see the difference between human incompetence and system limitations.

You must be a very very simple minded teenager. You failed to see the difference between human incompetence and system limitations.

And you must be very naive. The doctrine of the IDF navy requires for defense systems to be switched on at all times. They are switched on during peacetime, you think they would be switched off during a combat operation in the middle of a war?

And you must be very naive. The doctrine of the IDF navy requires for defense systems to be switched on at all times. They are switched on during peacetime, you think they would be switched off during a combat operation in the middle of a war?
Very good...Not...So if you concede that human incompetence is either the cause or a major factor in this event, then how can you say that this piece of Iranian junk 'defeated' anything? In weapons development and testing, based from my experience, a weapon should be tested against the full measure of defense wielded by a potential adversary operated by fully trained personnel. That mean get some of my guys to play the bad guys. Have them fully caffeinated running on the best ship or fighter aircraft or tanks or artillery. Let them know ahead of time that an 'attack' is coming so they can fully powered up their defenses to put up the best resistance for this new weapon. That is only way to know the quality and capability of your build. Another important factor/question is the technological level of your potential adversary. It is always easier to simulate an inferior adversary than a superior one. So has Iran tested the Kowsar or <whatever> against an aircraft carrier force centered by a ship as capable as the USS Enterprise? In a real war, you hope to surprise the enemy when his defenses are either off or at ease but you should always be prepared to meet him at his best.

Gambit, I would think twice before calling something 'junk'. The fact remains that the missile did get through INS Hanit's defences. Israel claims the defence systems were not deployed, but many believe that the defence systems failed. And we all know that it takes more than 'junk' to get through Israeli defence systems, many of which rival America's own.

As for Abi, I am not sure how effective Kowsar is. It might be small enough to sneak through enemy defenses, but it seems to lack punch. It couldn't even sink a corvette after hitting it! Will it be useful against larger ships like the Ticonderoga or Nimitz?

Gambit, I would think twice before calling something 'junk'. The fact remains that the missile did get through INS Hanit's defences. Israel claims the defence systems were not deployed, but many believe that the defence systems failed. And we all know that it takes more than 'junk' to get through Israeli defence systems, many of which rival America's own.

As for Abi, I am not sure how effective Kowsar is. It might be small enough to sneak through enemy defenses, but it seems to lack punch. It couldn't even sink a corvette after hitting it! Will it be useful against larger ships like the Ticonderoga or Nimitz?

The Kowsar is not designed for Corvettes, it is designed for ships with a displacement of less than 200 Tons. Hezbollah didn't have any larger Anti-ship Missiles in 2006 although i am sure they do this time round.

Very good...Not...So if you concede that human incompetence is either the cause or a major factor in this event, then how can you say that this piece of Iranian junk 'defeated' anything? In weapons development and testing, based from my experience, a weapon should be tested against the full measure of defense wielded by a potential adversary operated by fully trained personnel. That mean get some of my guys to play the bad guys. Have them fully caffeinated running on the best ship or fighter aircraft or tanks or artillery. Let them know ahead of time that an 'attack' is coming so they can fully powered up their defenses to put up the best resistance for this new weapon. That is only way to know the quality and capability of your build. Another important factor/question is the technological level of your potential adversary. It is always easier to simulate an inferior adversary than a superior one. So has Iran tested the Kowsar or <whatever> against an aircraft carrier force centered by a ship as capable as the USS Enterprise? In a real war, you hope to surprise the enemy when his defenses are either off or at ease but you should always be prepared to meet him at his best.

How is it human incompetence? The defense systems were switched on and they failed.

Iran has tested the missles against ships and continues to do so at every major war games they conduct. The Kowsar is a tiny Anti-ship Missile, it is designed for Fast attack crafts with a displacement of 200 Tons max. For your aircraft carriers, we have the Ra'ad AShM.

Gambit, I would think twice before calling something 'junk'.
I know, man...Just having some fun. :cheers:

The fact remains that the missile did get through INS Hanit's defences. Israel claims the defence systems were not deployed, but many believe that the defence systems failed. And we all know that it takes more than 'junk' to get through Israeli defence systems, many of which rival America's own.
The problem here is the lack of clarity on the accusation of 'failure'. Take a cruise missile for example. Whenever an aircraft fly below a defense's radar horizon, odds are very good, better than average, that the missile will succeed. In this context, the defensive measures did not really fail because radar detection is only the first part of the entire system. However, if the ship managed to detect the incoming missile, deployed distraction/seduction tactics, took drastic evasive maneuvers...And still got hit by the missile...Now we, the defense, have a serious problem. In other words, we have no possible excuse as everything we can deployed and employed -- we did.

I know, man...Just having some fun. :cheers:

The problem here is the lack of clarity on the accusation of 'failure'. Take a cruise missile for example. Whenever an aircraft fly below a defense's radar horizon, odds are very good, better than average, that the missile will succeed. In this context, the defensive measures did not really fail because radar detection is only the first part of the entire system. However, if the ship managed to detect the incoming missile, deployed distraction/seduction tactics, took drastic evasive maneuvers...And still got hit by the missile...Now we, the defense, have a serious problem. In other words, we have no possible excuse as everything we can deployed and employed -- we did.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend a very simple concept so i will "Americanize" it for you:

1.The anti-ship missile was launched with the aim of hitting the ship.
2.The ships defenses had the aim of stopping the anti-ship missile from hitting said ship.
3.The Missile reached it's goal and hit the ship.
4.The ships defenses failed their goal and didn't stop the missile from hitting the ship.

That seems like a failure to me. If you disagree, take it up with the dead IDF sailors and the disabled ship.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend a very simple concept so i will "Americanize" it for you:

1.The anti-ship missile was launched with the aim of hitting the ship.
2.The ships defenses had the aim of stopping the anti-ship missile from hitting said ship.
3.The Missile reached it's goal and hit the ship.
4.The ships defenses failed their goal and didn't stop the missile from hitting the ship.

That seems like a failure to me. If you disagree, take it up with the dead IDF sailors and the disabled ship.
You are wasting your breath and your time. Pick your debate with a sensible person who is not carrying an immense burden of proving his loyalty at any cost. You&#8217;ll come across certain people who are by default more interested in bullying and intimidating in order to overcome the resistance (of opinion) rather than refuting an argument with a counter-argument. This is but the sad reality of their deficient and insecure personality and no matter how much they try, they just can&#8217;t overcome this vacuum. A wise person must avoid such people to save his precious time. By the way, heartiest congratulation on all your progress no matter how insignificant it may look. Even the greatest achievements of the mankind had very humble beginnings.

Last edited:
You are wasting your breath and your time. Pick your debate with a sensible person who is not carrying an immense burden of proving his loyalty. By the way, heartiest congratulation on all your progress no matter how insignificant it may look. Even the greatest achievements of the mankind had very humble beginnings.

Indeed! Congrats are in order to Iran and all our Iranian brothers.

considering the amount of sanctions and embargoes they have to suffer (irrespective of the reasons), this is more of a miracle!

:pakistan::smitten:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom