What's new

Iran issues travel ban on India and 11 other countries

Muhammed45

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Special countries (countries with mutated variants of COVID-19)
The acceptance of passengers from these countries directly and indirectly until further notice is prohibited. The entry of diplomats and government officials and representatives of international organizations is subject to the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in accordance with the notification protocols. These countries currently include Botswana, Brazil, Swatini, India, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, South Africa, Uruguay, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

High-risk countries (countries with a high incidence of the disease)
Direct and indirect travel is established from these countries, but incoming travelers from these countries, in addition to a negative PCR test for corona at the origin (with a time limit of 96 hours) are required to do the test again (PCR test). Adherence to the notified protocol of air-sea border surveillance is mandatory. The list currently includes Argentina, Bahrain, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Namibia, Paraguay, Peru, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tunisia.

well this route have been travelled by others in last 2 years and proven to be useless and ineffective . the mutant variant will come and we must be ready for it.

I won't mind a permanent travel ban for Indians.
I don't blame you. Few years back when Indians here were touting how they were going to build Chah Bahar into a gigantic hub that would connect with Russia and that they unlike Pakistan would never be bossed around by USA. I said then and it's on record @Serpentine that Indians would dump Iran in a blink of a eye. So it happened. When Trump pushed for no oil you know what happened. Check out how much oil India is buying from Iran and how much is pourchased by China.

Then there was the euphoria over Iran and India being civilization buddies and with historical ties going back to ancient times. Again I pointed out that this was rubbish. The fact is historically Pakistan is one of Iran's closest countries. The referance Indians made about their or 'Hind's' links with Persia were false. The trick in this was mis-use of the name. The truth was during Acheamenid Persia did have links in South Asia and that was with the Indus Basin - modern Pakistan. 'Hind' then was modern Sindh province in Pakistan.

The mis-use of the name is akin to Roma gyspies claiming they had links with Persia based on the false pretext that they have links to the old Roman Empire. A we know Roma Gypsies have nothing to do with Roman Empire.

I don't blame you. Few years back when Indians here were touting how they were going to build Chah Bahar into a gigantic hub that would connect with Russia and that they unlike Pakistan would never be bossed around by USA. I said then and it's on record @Serpentine that Indians would dump Iran in a blink of a eye. So it happened. When Trump pushed for no oil you know what happened. Check out how much oil India is buying from Iran and how much is pourchased by China.

Then there was the euphoria over Iran and India being civilization buddies and with historical ties going back to ancient times. Again I pointed out that this was rubbish. The fact is historically Pakistan is one of Iran's closest countries. The referance Indians made about their or 'Hind's' links with Persia were false. The trick in this was mis-use of the name. The truth was during Acheamenid Persia did have links in South Asia and that was with the Indus Basin - modern Pakistan. 'Hind' then was modern Sindh province in Pakistan.

The mis-use of the name is akin to Roma gyspies claiming they had links with Persia based on the false pretext that they have links to the old Roman Empire. A we know Roma Gypsies have nothing to do with Roman Empire.
Seems you have a big problem, bordering on major 'chip on shoulder' with regard to India's pragmatic strategic calculus, something Pakistan can ill-afford at the moment. In fact I could post a yuge list of ill-affords for Pakistan, both for at the moment, and for long into the foreseeable future.

Get over it, man.

Seems you have a big problem
I don't have a personal problem, so idea why your bringing this "chip" thing into this. This is a defence forum and at some level we are all nationalists. My post was in referance to the geo-politics of the region. So please tell me how is that a "problem"?

India's pragmatic strategic calculus
This is why I said back in 2015 India would sell Iran down the gutter despite what your countrymen said on this forum about being too big to be pushed around. Pakistan despite being smaller and more pliable to external forces will always keep a very moderated relationship with Iran because leaving asides our shared history, ethnic, religious links we actually are neighbours.

@Yankee-stani did my Chah, Chah, Chah song come true? It turned out to be a 2 minute Bolly number.

This is why I said back in 2015 India would sell Iran down the gutter despite what your countrymen said on this forum about being too big to be pushed around. Pakistan despite being smaller and more pliable to external forces will always keep a very moderated relationship with Iran because leaving asides our shared history, ethnic, religious links we actually are neighbours
Lol.
Despite being a neighbour of Iran, Iran-Pakistan trade is many times smaller than Iran-India trade
This itself shows how scared Pakistan is of US sanctions on Iran.

how is that a "problem"?
was j/k

sell Iran down the gutter...

... despite being smaller and more pliable to external forces will always keep a very moderated relationship with Iran because leaving asides our shared history, ethnic, religio...
dear lord, no.

we pragmatically prioritize.. asset allocations, what must be put on the back burner, what needs to be turned up or cranked to a higher gear, what needs to cool down.. things of that sort.

not like uncle sam never stepped in on your pipeline with the mullahs to your west... how's about baluchistan lately ? a hot mess.. Iranians giving you a lot more grief than us gangus atm (we're busy fishing bodies out of the holy river for now, a million thanks for the cease fire)

some (or many) here blame the Indians for problems in Baluchistan which stem from either Afghanistan (which should be cleared of Indians soon enough, they say), and from Iran.. agreeing to which is an admission of complete defeat and and acknowledgement of Bharat Mata's vast reach.

India are on good terms with both Iran and Saudia, the US and Russia, and everyone in between. Nepalese, BD etc are irrelevant..

We're just going to have to get used to this being around forever,

Iran-Pakistan trade is many times smaller than Iran-India trade
Look around you. Start counting. Exclude the floaters in Ganga River. What number did you count to? I can't count more than billion. But I believe your population is 1.4 billion and consequently have larger economy. But why not compare with China which is your size. That should sober you.

Back
Top Bottom