What's new

Iran intelligence minister: Army officer involved in assassination of chief nuclear scientist

Iran intelligence minister: Army officer involved in assassination of chief nuclear scientist.

https://flip.it/FbM3wI
Interesting.
Its always an inside job. If your own house is strong the enemy cannot do anything
and Army answered thatو two days ago.
the guy was kicked out of Army more than 7 years ago for addiction and ethical problem and had no relation with Armed forces in those years more importantly he was kicked out on his trial and training period and never was employed in armed forces.
In short his security crime fall under intelligence ministry not defense ministry

and Army answered thatو two days ago.
the guy was kicked out of Army more than 7 years ago for addiction and ethical problem and had no relation with Armed forces in those years more importantly he was kicked out on his trial and training period and never was employed in armed forces.
In short his security crime fall under intelligence ministry not defense ministry

So how would a washed up army officer be key in this operation?

Seems like Mossad picked a drug addicted person who needed money to help smuggle stuff and assemble it.

Literally could find tens of thousands of people willing to do such a operation in Iran under such economic conditions the country is facing today. 50-100K USD can change many peoples lives right now.

So how would a washed up army officer be key in this operation?

Seems like Mossad picked a drug addicted person who needed money to help smuggle stuff and assemble it.

Literally could find tens of thousands of people willing to do such a operation in Iran under such economic conditions the country is facing today. 50-100K USD can change many peoples lives right now.
the problem even its not mentioned that he is an army officer (he never become an officer) and for the record the answer didn't come from army office it come from "General Staff of the Armed Forces"
intelligence minister said Armed force not army an Armed force personnel as far as I'm aware can be Army, IRGC, Police or Basij.
and tell me what he really supposed to do that a washed up armed force officer could not achieve ? at night drive a truck to a specified location ?

the problem even its not mentioned that he is an army officer (he never become an officer) and for the record the answer didn't come from army office it come from "General Staff of the Armed Forces"
intelligence minister said Armed force not army an Armed force personnel as far as I'm aware can be Army, IRGC, Police or Basij.
and tell me what he really supposed to do that a washed up armed force officer could not achieve ? at night drive a truck to a specified location ?
There is obviously more to this. How they found out the route he was taking, when he was going, which car he was in, etc.

There is obviously more to this. How they found out the route he was taking, when he was going, which car he was in, etc.

He was in an unarmoured car. I have seen in Iran VIPs moving with armored Mercedes with police lights.

If this guy was as instrumental at his old age that people say he wouldn’t be driving around in a beat up Hyundai.

He’s no longer important. I remember reading about him in 2003-2008 when Mossad was hunting him down. He was a ghost, the IAEA didn’t even have a recent picture of him and Iran refused to acknowledge he even existed.

15+ years later the man was basically semi retired and figurehead.

He was in an unarmoured car. I have seen in Iran VIPs moving with armored Mercedes with police lights.

If this guy was as instrumental at his old age that people say he wouldn’t be driving around in a beat up Hyundai.

He’s no longer important. I remember reading about him in 2003-2008 when Mossad was hunting him down. He was a ghost, the IAEA didn’t even have a recent picture of him and Iran refused to acknowledge he even existed.

15+ years later the man was basically semi retired and figurehead.

Was it reported that he had a security detail with him or was he just driving alone to work?

I remember this as well. He was the head of "Project Amad" for almost 2 decades according to Israel. He's definitely been on their hitlist for years. Whatever he was doing, it's already been done.

Was it reported that he had a security detail with him or was he just driving alone to work?

I remember this as well. He was the head of "Project Amad" for almost 2 decades according to Israel. He's definitely been on their hitlist for years. Whatever he was doing, it's already been done.

He had a 3-4 car security detail. He was told not to travel outside of Tehran that day but he had to teach a class or meet up with a colleague can’t remember.

Either way it was his own fault. Iranian intelligence warned him and his security detail warned him. He ignored the warnings.

Like I said if he was THAT critical to the program he wouldn’t have a say in the matter, it wouldn’t be his decision.

Key guys live on military bases/ mini cities and they have no freedom of movement.

The case is very relevant to the Pakistani one when Mossad hired a court martialed PAF officer to bomb Pakistami nuclear plant at Kahuta. He was kicked out for disciplinary action and unethical actions, served prison time. Luckily he was intercepted by the ISI's Islamabad DTE, an operation personally led by Maj R Amir Khan. Amir Khan had guessed about such an action while reading Ex Mossad chief's book where he mentioned using the Argentinian embassy to carry out operations.

Just out of curiosity, Amir Khan assigned Agents to make strict recon on Argentina embassy and its Ambassador who actually was involved with Mossad which linked to their findings and apprehension of Ex PAF Officer being hired.

Jewiah tactics never change! I'm sure that Israel must've had used a foreign embassy or ambassador in Iran.

May Allah keep the brotherly nation and my Pakistan safe from such threats

Exactly! So if someone is observing, who took the truck with the weapon on it?

Truck is very cheap and common in Iran. Can be bought with cash. Throw on a fake license plate.

Assemble the smuggled parts for sat controlled weapon (likely from Turkish or Armenian border area). have driver take truck to location and park it and leave.

conduct operation

have truck trigger it’s self destruct mechanism.

There are 3 intelligence agencies:

IRGC intelligence
Army Intelligence
Ministry of Intelligence

IRGC Intel has rivalry with Ministry of Intel.
Army Intel did not heed Ministry of Intel’s warning about active plots. Scientist didn’t heed his security details warning about travel.

Lots of blame can he pointed, in the end it doesn’t really matter. His loss is not big.

And yet again, an other irresponsibly announcement from Rouhani admin. For Gods sake

Back
Top Bottom