What's new

Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

In addition, SAGE also plans to supply Natural Gas to Oman/UAE on its Pipeline Route to
India, and seeks to further build Cooperative Relations with the friendly Gulf and Middle East countries.

3 Natural Gas pipelines are envisaged over the next 10 years each having similar
capacity.

SAGE pipelines are envisaged as "Common Carriers" which Gas sellers in the Gulf can use as infrastructure to transport gas to the Indian region, by payment of a Pipeline Tariff.

India already imports around
1.1BSCFD in the form of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to
meet its current shortfall. Based on U.S. Energy Information Administration reference case this shortfall is expected to rise dramatically by 2020, and continue rising through to 2030 when it will peak at 3.56BSCFD.

About Us

lol , these days our relation is moving towards == > :smitten:

very good . i hope we can step this up to non-oil exports too !! we can export car , you can export high-tech computer stuff of yours !! :partay:

you know 98% percent of indians are software engineers ! :enjoy:

This will not go the same way like IPI pipeline
Long live Indo-Iranian Friendship

Don't have exact details but given the fact that an underwater pipeline will be far more costly than land based one, i'm sure thoughts must have been given to the fact that it doesn't pass through territorial waters of Pakistan. Plus the sketch is an indicative one only and doesn't depict the exact mapping of the route.

I don't have the numbers, but from what I know from a relative working in the natural gas sector, an underwater pipeline is not that expensive. There are big international companies who specialize in laying underwater pipelines with special ships built for the purpose. Digging on land is labour intensive.

Not to mention the fact that a land based pipeline will be held hostage to the vagaries of the Indo-pak relationship, and to the whims of TTP and BLA and other assorted terrorist groups. The BLA specializes in blowing up gas pipelines. This way we will not have to be constantly worried about pak turning off supplies, or about paying royalties to pak.

Great news. Hope it materialize rather than end up in garbage.

How deep is our pipe(2)
I really need to learn
Cause were living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

About time! This pipeline was the reason why India backed out of IPI.Ignore the flame baits mate. Just cause on Turk said he doesn't like India so much, you don't have to start hating on Turkey.
India backed out to get Civil Nuclear Deal.

Our Indian friends get high on a puff of hot air,again。:D

This project,if it ever gets started,won't be completed in 10 years,by which time the cost would be double or even triple what's estimated to be 4-5 billion USD today。

This project,if it ever gets started,won't be completed in 10 years,by which time the cost would be double or even triple what's estimated to be 4-5 billion USD today。
see post 42,:-)

Our Indian friends get high on a puff of hot air,again。:DThis project,if it ever gets started,won't be completed in 10 years,by which time the cost would be double or even triple what's estimated to be 4-5 billion USD today。
So we shouldn't start to discuss at all ?

tell us something we dun know :D

Back
Top Bottom