What's new

Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

@haman10 : whats the price tag of "samand Dena" in USD ???

cheap !! around 12000-14000 $ depending on options . :D

it has a turbo charged EF-7 engine with more than 150 hp . acceleration less than 8 s (this one is my estimation)

but yet to enter mass production in 2-3 month

Well the issue is lingering for too long and India needs all the access to hydro-carbon it can get. With our ties with Iran warming up again, the new option should be considered seriously.

images%5Cipi_domain-b.jpg

I love Iran. India not so much :D
Why brother? Do visit India, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it.

About time! This pipeline was the reason why India backed out of IPI.

LOL. Is that why you were begging christian EU to accept you and they kept Kicking you out like some outcast leper ? :lol:

Ignore the flame baits mate. Just cause on Turk said he doesn't like India so much, you don't have to start hating on Turkey.

Isnt the new route showed by anant_s passing through Pakistan's territorial waters? If the answer is yes then what advantage does it have over IPI... pakistan will still get royalty and india's gas needs will be still dependent on Pakistan!!

Or am I missing something :O

Isnt the new route showed by anant_s passing through Pakistan's territorial waters? If the answer is yes then what advantage does it have over IPI... pakistan will still get royalty and india's gas needs will be still dependent on Pakistan!!

Thats the old route and was an alterative to overland IPI pipeline. New route will bypass Pakistan as far as I know.

Of course they aren't going to build such pipeline in Pakistan's territorial waters. Bear in mind that each country in the world only has 12 nautical miles of territorial waters measured from a coastline. They are probably going to build such pipeline beyond Pakistan's 12 nautical miles of territorial waters.

Excellent project, it should be implemented.

Don't have exact details but given the fact that an underwater pipeline will be far more costly than land based one, i'm sure thoughts must have been given to the fact that it doesn't pass through territorial waters of Pakistan. Plus the sketch is an indicative one only and doesn't depict the exact mapping of the route.

Isn't IPI more economical and viable than the new proposed deepwater pipeline ??

Isn't IPI more economical and viable than the new proposed deepwater pipeline ??

Comparison:

Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) pipeline will cost $7.6 billion.
Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) pipeline will cost $7.5 billion.
Iran-India deepwater pipeline will cost (according to the article) $4 or 5 billion.

But the difference is that Iran and India would both have to cover the costs of this pipeline alone, while in those other cases, the costs are probably divided among the other states too.

But it seems as if the costs are the same, or perhaps even lower with this deepwater pipeline. Plus you don't need to worry about the future security risks/costs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom