What's new

Iran has the highest nominal GDP in the Middle East: post JCPOA potential

The JCPOA will not be signed again, the US has been dragging it's feet this entire time and is clearly not interested in genuinely negotiating. Even if it were to be signed again, no European companies would want to invest in the country as they are guaranteed to lose their investment when the Republicans win the US presidential election in 2 years and tear the deal up again.

The JCPOA will not be signed again

It was never really signed in the first place. The JCPOA is a legally non-binding political statement of intention, not a proper international treaty. Only the UN Security Council resolution endorsing it is legally binding.

This has to be a typo or they have changed the way nominal GDP is being reported or information is being obtained.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.30.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.30.16 PM.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 62
Saudi Arabia will destroy your country if you raise your trade with Iran. We have to live with realities.
He meant India and Afghanistan, not China or Saudi Arabia.

Although I slightly disagree - we have a moral obligation to take care of Afghans, although INSIDE Afghanistan. There is no more capacity to handle refugees inside either Iran or Pakistan.

It was never really signed in the first place. The JCPOA is a legally non-binding political statement of intention, not a proper international treaty. Only the UN Security Council resolution endorsing it is legally binding.

Seems like JCPOA is down the drain. Fun begins because now nuclear enrichment is underground, out of the western reach while it won't hurt our exports to China/Turkey/Iraq/india. Technically NATO itself is blocking itself from east by putting sanctions on countries they just can not control.

Seems like JCPOA is down the drain. Fun begins because now nuclear enrichment is underground, out of the western reach while it won't hurt our exports to China/Turkey/Iraq/india. Technically NATO itself is blocking itself from east by putting sanctions on countries they just can not control.

True. Now I remember how some commenters were deriding the Raisi administration, suggesting it is "no different" from the Rohani-led one, that it's willing to make unacceptable disproportionate concessions to the west only to have the JCPOA revived, and so on.

Not that I ever had any serious doubts, but now it's abundantly clear that under Raisi, Iran is not going to compromise with the bullies and zurguyān (زورگویان). It's a javānmard, honorable, upright and powerful style of foreign policy Iran is practicing with revolutionaries in charge. May God bless them.

Yes, the zio-American enemy is shooting itself in the foot. Both with Trump's foregone antics, which gave Iran all the political justifications she needs in terms of expanding her nuclear program, as well as with excessive antagonizing of Russia over the Ukrainian dossier, Moscow's steadfast response and irrational western sanctions policies encouraging nations of the south to gradually and selectively shake off the western yoke.

Multipolarism and development of south-south relations in, unipolar hegemony of the west out. Fantastic perspectives I must say. I take my hat off to the Iranian Leadership for its wise outlook resulting in these sophisticated, intelligent policies which have kept steering the nation into a favorable position, against colossal odds. Stars are aligned for Iran and the future is bright.

_____

Fruits of having low and stable population.

Stable is okay, but beware demographic recession and ageing. That's a huge threat, including to economic stability.

Last edited:
True. Now I remember how some commenters were deriding the Raisi administration, suggesting it is "no different" from the Rohani-led one, that it's willing to make unacceptable disproportionate concessions to the west only to have the JCPOA revived, and so on.

Not that I ever had any serious doubts, but now it's abundantly clear that under Raisi, Iran is not going to compromise with the bullies and zurguyān (زورگویان). It's a javānmard, honorable, upright and powerful style of foreign policy Iran is practicing with revolutionaries in charge. May God bless them.

Yes, the zio-American enemy is shooting itself in the foot. Both with Trump's foregone antics, which gave Iran all the political justifications she needs in terms of expanding her nuclear program, as well as with excessive antagonizing of Russia over the Ukrainian dossier, Moscow's steadfast response and irrational western sanctions policies encouraging nations of the south to gradually and selectively shake off the western yoke.

Multipolarism and development of south-south relations in, unipolar hegemony of the west out. Fantastic perspectives I must say. I take my hat off to the Iranian Leadership for its wise outlook resulting in these sophisticated, intelligent policies which have kept steering the nation into a favorable position, against colossal odds. Stars are aligned for Iran and the future is bright.

_____

Stable is okay, but beware demographic recession and ageing. That's a huge threat, including to economic stability.

I believe like Obama admin times this is the ideal circumstance for Iran to grow its pockets and weaponization program as much as we can. Most of our BM/CM/UCAV/AD programs advanced during the Obama years while we were heavily damaging the US in Iraq and also fighting in Syria, a war that we won. Republicans are unstable neo-con thugs so the current Democratic administration which I think will extend into the subsequent tenure too is ideal for Iran. JCPOA talks even if they fail would not hurt us a bit, we can enrich up U235, and keep exporting to China, Iraq, Turkey, UAE, Japan, Korea, and India as major partners. What would US/Israel do? nothing. West needs allies in the east not any more enemies with this new Russian-Chinese problem at their face.

As for the birth rate, we are actually doing a bit better than Ahmadinejad's times when the birth rate dropped to an all-time low of 1.6, right now it is healthy at 2.14 and may increase up to ~2.5 in coming years. Probably we should attract some devoted Shia families from groups like Azeris, Turkish Alevis, Iraqi, and Tajiks. At some level, it is already happening. Iran has received Gorjis, and Armenians in past so we are an absorbing nation.

I believe like Obama admin times this is the ideal circumstance for Iran to grow its pockets and weaponization program as much as we can. Most of our BM/CM/UCAV/AD programs advanced during the Obama years while we were heavily damaging the US in Iraq and also fighting in Syria, a war that we won. Republicans are unstable neo-con thugs so the current Democratic administration which I think will extend into the subsequent tenure too is ideal for Iran. JCPOA talks even if they fail would not hurt us a bit, we can enrich up U235, and keep exporting to China, Iraq, Turkey, UAE, Japan, Korea, and India as major partners. What would US/Israel do? nothing. West needs allies in the east not any more enemies with this new Russian-Chinese problem at their face.

As for the birth rate, we are actually doing a bit better than Ahmadinejad's times when the birth rate dropped to an all-time low of 1.6, right now it is healthy at 2.14 and may increase up to ~2.5 in coming years. Probably we should attract some devoted Shia families from groups like Azeris, Turkish Alevis, Iraqi, and Tajiks. At some level, it is already happening. Iran has received Gorjis, and Armenians in past so we are an absorbing nation.
You should attract devoted Shia from majority Shia countries, it's contreproductif to bring Shias to Iran and make some places Shias numbers insignifiant.

You should attract devoted Shia from majority Shia countries, it's contreproductif to bring Shias to Iran and make some places Shias numbers insignifiant.

All the countries I listed are Irano-Turkic like Iran itself and are majority Shias or have a large number of Shia populations like Azerbaijan Rep, Iraq, Turkey.

All the countries I listed are Irano-Turkic like Iran itself and are majority Shias or have a large number of Shia populations like Azerbaijan Rep, Iraq, Turkey.
Turkey? Wasn't aware it has a large population of Shia !

Back
Top Bottom