What's new

Iran denies it threatened Turkey, slams Western media

-------

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
iranian-spokesman-ramin.jpg

Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast speaks to the media in Tehran on June 28, 2011.

Iran has denied claims that it threatened to hit NATO bases in Turkey, accusing the Western media of trying to spread false information.

A columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed last week that Iran had threatened Turkey, saying if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

“There have been reports that NATO will attack Syria from its bases in Turkey and that Iran has threatened Turkey. These are untrue claims that the Western media is trying to spread,” Ramin Mehmanparast, the spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, told a news conference in Tehran on Tuesday. His remarks were carried by the Anatolia news agency, which quoted a statement from the Iranian Embassy in Ankara.

Mehmanparast also underlined that Iran and Turkey have very good relations and that they have the potential to go even further with their existing cooperation. He added that NATO was not able to engage itself in a new operation as it already faces problems in Afghanistan.

Syria's brutal crackdown on anti-regime protests has strained Turkey-Syria ties and resulted in more than 10,000 Syrians fleeing to Turkey. Turkey, like many Western countries, has criticized the Syrian response to protests, calling it “savagery,” and called for reforms.

Some suggested that the tension might extend to Turkey-Iran ties as well, given the close links between the Iranian regime and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. However, Mehmanparast called for the strengthening of Turkish-Syrian-Iranian cooperation and spoke against any foreign intervention in the region, noting that the countries in the region would benefit the most if foreign interference is prevented, according to the Iranian Embassy's statement.

“The Turkish officials are wise enough not to engage themselves in games designed by the West,” he was quoted as saying by Tehran Times.

Iran denies it threatened Turkey, slams Western media

looks like nato is trying creating to create rifts between turkey and other countries in middle east to start its game

looks like nato is trying creating to create rifts between turkey and other countries in middle east to start its game

Oh? you better start wearing your tin foil hat then..

.................and thats not plausible ?

If you don't think so then you must be very naive about the world.

Did you even bother to read the article ?

A columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed last week that Iran had threatened Turkey, saying if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

Yep, western media. If anything Western Media are far more independent and closer to the facts then Eastern Media ever is, that's including Turkish and Pakistani media aswell.

i will not wear it even if you give you own tin foil hat

Why not ? It may give you a clear thought process, not your usual rhetoric NATO EVIL, NATO BAD, NATO SEYTAN :devil:

Did you even bother to read the article ?

Yep, western media. If anything Western Media are far more independent and closer to the facts then Eastern Media ever is, that's including Turkish and Pakistani media aswell.

Why not ? It may give you a clear thought process, not your usual rhetoric NATO EVIL, NATO BAD, NATO SEYTAN :devil:

ERm yes I have the question is do you know what you are talking about !

[/COLOR]
ERm yes I have the question is do you know what you are talking about !

You really should have presented that question to yourself, before typing it up to me. Really now :disagree:

Not only this Western media claims, Turkey and its turkish members are more thrilled and excited in a new war with neighbors especially Syria. It is not going to solve and wipe off all Kurdish people which lives in some other countries, not only Syria, Iraq, Iran.

I think, UN peacekeepers especially Pakistan troops need to be send to calm emergency situations, unfortunately NATO overturned UN.

Another Flotilla 2 from Greece is probably on the way to Israel after Turkey. Turkey solved issued with Israel regarding Flotilla ships, now Greece....strange.

what happen to the deal with this- BBC News - Turkey's Kurdish war reignites

Exactly a year ago Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that he was working on a new plan to end the war with insurgents from the Kurdish Workers Party, or PKK, which has cost more than 40,000 lives.

"It wants no more crying mothers, no more blood and killing".

It was the first time a Turkish government had promised to seek a solution through democratic, peaceful means.

what happen to the deal with this- BBC News - Turkey's Kurdish war reignites

Exactly a year ago Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that he was working on a new plan to end the war with insurgents from the Kurdish Workers Party, or PKK, which has cost more than 40,000 lives.

"It wants no more crying mothers, no more blood and killing".

It was the first time a Turkish government had promised to seek a solution through democratic, peaceful means.

what exactly are you trying to explain with this post?

[/COLOR]

You really should have presented that question to yourself, before typing it up to me. Really now :disagree:

LOL ! :woot:
Oh right you're gonna type something childish and troll around well done . HAve you started this topic just troll ?
But yeah really I am asking that question do you know what are talking about Please don't troll.
U-571 is correct.

:toast_sign:

But please do act like a fool I for one won't playing with you be safe don't yourself ban. :tup:

LOL ! :woot:
Oh right you're gonna type something childish and troll around well done . HAve you started this topic just troll ?

What was so childish about my post? Did you even read it properly, taking your posts into consideration you really didn't do that good of a job reading it.

But yeah really I am asking that question do you know what are talking about Please don't troll.
U-571 is correct.

Read up... I don't repeat myself twice, whence once was enough.

:toast_sign:
But please do act like a fool I for one won't playing with you be safe don't yourself ban. :tup:

I ain't acting like no fool, I'm not the one asking the thread starter whether they know what they are [typing] talking about, you are however.

If you have nothing to add to this thread can you please carry on with your usaul rhetoric on the other threads, must say, you are very active on this Turkish Defence Forum. What's keeping you here ? :wave:

RaptorRX707, your a joke. Hence why I've decided to add you to my ignore list, I suggest others to do so too.

RaptorRX707, your a joke. Hence why I've decided to add you to my ignore list, I suggest others to do so too.

Not my problem, it is your failure discussing with my questions, and then run away.

Enjoy more wars and bloods. :D Take care!

I decided to skip 80% of the crap that was written by you guys after i read the article. If I could I'd ban you all for trolling.

I don't believe that iran would threaten to attack NATO bases in turkey because that's the same as shooting yourself in the foot. If Iran is smart, and I believe they're smart. They will not provoke or do anything to start a war because they have their own projects to finish.

Back
Top Bottom