What's new

Iran demands veto rights for India at UNSC, says 'we stand together' in fighting terrorism

To be honest having a large population is a good thing for having influence

In the sense its a large economic market, sure

Pakistan itself is the 5th largest populated country in the world

India is a slum for the most part, it dosent have the military strength, influence or gravitas
It is a wannabe!
Getting overexcited by nothing diplomatic statements is dopey if nothing else

Many countries will eye india with a population steaming towards 1.5 billion as a obvious market for whatever they are selling

Once you realise that the indians are 90% tamasha and bullshit and 10% reality in most of what they do you can then make appropriate responses

Iran saying B.S about india in the SC is nothing

lol. I totally agree with him here. India is a 1 billion population and India is doing PAPA USA PAPA USA all day so why cannot India get a veto right from PAPA USA lol. Good slap on Indian face.

India is sane country which has good and stable relations with all countries. this is how sensible and mature countries should be. We support countries based on issues.

Maybe your government should learn how to run foreign relations.

India is sane country which has good and stable relations with all countries. this is how sensible and mature countries should be. We support countries based on issues.

Maybe your government should learn how to run foreign relations.

We don't need to learn any thing from India the Supreme leader of Iran just slapped India while his president was in Iran.

Start learning from Pakistan how we manipulated this trip of Rohani in India

Anyway, this isn't a big deal and neither side should be carried away.

If it's up to me, I wouldn't touch the veto power if handed to me on a platter. It's stupid and a distraction.

We should follow our own path like we've done all these decades and be self-sufficient. There's a reason why India gets benefits without even joining many pacts.
Same should be the policy on the Security Council.

If it's unfair for countries to have UNSC veto power, how come Rohani wants India to have it?

he is comparing usa and india. eastern culture and civilization are better than western. so in this context he said how come usa have veto power and india not. Infact his target was usa which is India;s friend. usa which is western cannot be a good friend. and it is true.

Anyway, this isn't a big deal and neither side should be carried away.

If it's up to me, I wouldn't touch the veto power if handed to me on a platter. It's stupid and a distraction.

We should follow our own path like we've done all these decades and be self-sufficient. There's a reason why India gets benefits without even joining many pacts.
Same should be the policy on the Security Council.

Touch it or not but Rohani has a point why is PAPA USA not giving veto powers to India?

Listen to his full speech. he is comparing usa and india. eastern culture and civilization are better than western. so in this context he said how come usa have veto power and india not. Infact his target was usa which is India;s friend. usa which is western cannot be a good friend. and it is true.

India has done near nothing for USA and keeps being non-aligned. That's why.

India has signed the LEMOA which gives the US military the right to use Indian bases and Indian soil whenever they want.

very good statement
What the Iranian leader has given is th thing they call a "dud cheque" as much as that other "dud" called Chah Bahar. Lot of hot air for diplomatic speak. Iran has less then zero traction in the West and there is no way it's validation carries any weight. Indeed it's the other way around - it's deadweight around your neck.

The reality is Iran offers nothing to India of substance. Besides anything else India has become beholden to USA and Israel. That recipe does not mix too well with Iran as you know. You can either be a US/Israeli b*tch or Iranian b*tch. You simply can't be b*tch to both.

For those here who are taking a dig at my partiality toward Iran let's get few facts out here. Pakistan does nothing for Iran. Nobody touts Iran as Pakistan ummah chumma guardian father. On the contrary Saudia Arabia is love of our corrupt elite. Our ruling elite can't use the toilet even when they have diarrhoea with Saudi king giving them the nod. KSA almost runs Pakistan.

Therefore you expect more out of country that you have even named cities after like Faiselabad. However KSA/GCC are the biggest benefactors of India then any other country in the world. Without KSA/GCC India would be begging and the much vaunted Indian military would struggle to even afford boots.

Thus my dismay at KSA/GCC which chooses to enrich, strengthen, afford India. And then the dumb Pakistani population turns around and worships KSA/GCC. Sad.

India has done near nothing for USA and keeps being non-aligned. That's why.

So, why's PAPA USA and PAPA China not doing it for you? You've given your life and soil for both countries.

Pakistan is not aligned with USA and China is an Iron friend and does every thing Pakistan asks it to do but Rohani still has a point why is PAPA USA not giving India a Veto power?

India has signed the LEMOA which gives the US military the right to use Indian bases and Indian soil whenever they want.
LEMOA allows both India and USA to use each other's bases for logistics during rescue ops and exercises, without unnecessary paperwork which is the case now.

It still gotta be approved case to case. It's essentially for easy paperwork when India visits US and US visits India.

well said. India should remain as a non-aligned state.

historically, when usa was bombing Iraq, usa used arabian, indian airports.
while bombing Afghanistan, usa used pakistani airport
while boming syria and iraq, use airports in the region including turkish.
usa is well entrenched in this region with permanent military bases.
even uk and france have military bases.
even china is building bases. so the region is all countries hub.

If this is true, then we should support Saudi Arabia 100%. Time to make Iran pay then.

Besides China will never allow India veto rights, because China is an enemy of India and China's ally Pakistan is an enemy of India.

Iran is already isolated in the international arena.
Be ready to be surprised, KSA could also delivers such a statement in near future...

Back
Top Bottom