What's new

Iran continues 'illegal coercion' and detention of ship, India fumes

Without external interference, I put all my bet on Iranian navy, these descendants of persian empire wont be easy to be pushed around and very nasty at war...most likely India will cry for help again.

Prince-of-Persia-movie-wallpaper-2.jpg

if india can put some pressure on the descendents of roman empire for its own interest(getting back the italian marines) than it surely can put some pressure on the descendents of persian empire....but i dun think that india's gonna do it

No disrespect to India, but when Iran puts the American and Israeli bullies on their place on a daily basis then Indians are not relevant. When you come near Iran or enter Iranian territories there are clear laws. Remember, one of the very few countries in the ME that is stable and peaceful is Iran and thanks to the laws it is a strong united country. India should not protest further and accept that they violated Iranian law.

IF the ship was doing pollution then the shipping company should pay up the fine and end this issue.

I'm really wondered! events like this frequently occurs at sea... there is no political reasons behind Interception of Indian Tanker. Compliance with maritime laws like SOLAS Convention is really hard and these problems are ordinary. The important note which i see is how Iran's enemies trying to feign it as a big problem!

Correction! Replace "Win" with "Stealing" an art which China has perfected. But you can only do it so many times until the international community wizens up to it which it has. You have NO idea whats coming your way from US (I see you ignored commenting on the link I sent you).

Let me wizen YOU up a bit with a dose of reality. Recently a pal of mine was going thru a security-clearance procedure and an FBI man had his recorder on and was going thru the Q&A session. One qn related to when and how many times he was away from US over the last 5 or 6 years. He kind of stumbled and said "I can't be sure and may end up giving incorrect dates or frequency." At which point the man simply stopped his recorder and added "Are you a Pakistani or a Chinese?" No, the friend responded. Then he said "ok, I DONT care what your response is, correct or wrong!" Gettit! Incidentally in case you don't know your friendship with Pakistan is supposed to be deeper than the seas and taller than the Himalayas :laughcry: China-Pakistan friendship 'sweeter than honey', says Nawaz Sharif - Telegraph. You guys never fail to repeat it. I think you folks deserve each other.

Back to the topic. Once the US sets something like this in motion it GETS to a point and believe me it won't be pretty for you (recall soviet union?). Just like in Gulf war once the US had amassed its forces in 1991 whether Saddam wanted war or not it WAS going to be. Come what may be. Such conditions will be set that it becomes difficult to say either yes or no and one of the answers (and the most likely one!) always leads to the war! China has described the SCS etc. as CORE interests. We have you cornered now. Either back out or else ...... (I shudder to describe).

Of course it is not going to be tomorrow. But mark my words it WILL.

Coincidence? Iran Seizes Indian Ship After India Cuts Oil Imports

Here’s a coincidence that suggests Iran’s anger and frustration over U.S. and EU sanctions on its oil exports as observed or not by India.

With Iran falling from second to sixth or seventh among India’s sources of oil, Iranian Republican Guards this week detained an Indian oil tanker carrying 140,000 tons of crude from Iraq, which now vies with Saudi Arabia as the greatest source of Indian oil.

Iran, nor unexpectedly, pooh-poohs any insinuation that the Desh Shanti was held for any reason other than “purely a technical and non-political issue” having to do with Iran’s zeal to preserve the environment. The ship, owned by the Shipping Corporation of India, was more or less hijacked in the Persian Gulf by Republican Guards after leaving the Iraqi port of Basra and forced into Bandar Abbas.

It’s actually not clear what’s been going on, according to sources in New Delhi, but Indian authorities do not place any credence in the Iranian claim of violations of guidelines set forth by the Marine Emergency Mutual Aid Center of the Regional Organization for Protection of Maritime Environment.

The Press Trust of India quoted a shipping ministry official as saying that the ship, launched nine years ago, had passed inspections by “maritime authorities and international surveyors.” The official added that the ship was not even carrying crude on the day that it was alleged to have violated environmental guidelines – July 30.

The real question, in the Indian view, is whether the Republican Guards seized the ship in hopes of a payoff or as punishment for not having received a payoff. Then there’s the question of whether authorities in Tehran really endorsed seizure of the ship or whether the Republican Guards were acting on their own – perhaps to the embarrassment of Tehran.

While officials from Iran and India negotiated for release of the ship, the statistics showed why Iran might be upset by the state of its oil exports to India. In the 2012-2013 fiscal year India imported 13.3 million metric tons of crude from Iran after having imported 18.1 million metric tons the year before. That’s 267,100 barrels a day as opposed to 362,500 b/d – a slide of 26.5 percent.

India is not overjoyed about the sanctions, which it’s not observing officially, but oil imports from Iran have gone down nonetheless. Sources say insurance companies refuse to insure Indian refineries processing Iranian oil or ships carrying oil from Iran whether flying Indian or other flags. Banks, moreover, are said to be refusing to extend credit. Asia’s other major oil importers, Japan, China and South Korea, also have cut imports from Iran.

The argument is all of them need to cool it with Iran for the sake of a wide range of commercial, military and diplomatic relations with both the U.S. and the European Union, which has followed the U.S. lead on sanctions. The result is that most of the crude that’s shipped from Iran to India has had to move on Iranian vessels while India increases its imports from other countries, notably Iraq. India imports 80 percent of its oil, 60 percent of that from the Persian Gulf.

Senior U.S. diplomats, meanwhile, have reportedly assured their Indian counterparts that the U.S.won’t consider reprisals, penalties or anything much at all against India for not observing sanctions on Iran.

The U.S. view, said a source in New Delhi, is “we have more important issues to consider” – a raft of trade, regulatory and other commercial problems as well as the need to coordinate policies vis-à-vis China and Pakistan. Yes, Japan, China and Korea have similar “exemptions” despite innumerable trade and investment hassles with all of them.

Coincidence? Iran Seizes Indian Ship After India Cuts Oil Imports - Forbes

India not respected around the world lmao. You ever left your computer chair let alone China?

Sir not to insult you or make fun of you in any way but I have noticed you keep making this mistake. You actually reversed the order. Basically it's [lesser extreme] yet alone [greater extreme].

No disrespect to India, but when Iran puts the American and Israeli bullies on their place on a daily basis then Indians are not relevant. When you come near Iran or enter Iranian territories there are clear laws. Remember, one of the very few countries in the ME that is stable and peaceful is Iran and thanks to the laws it is a strong united country. India should not protest further and accept that they violated Iranian law.

You Iranians must don't know about the all powerful Brahmos. Iran have nothing that can stopped the all powerful Brahmos as it will crash into the Iranian nuclear reactors at world class speed. So iran better release the ship or else, watch out for the all powerful, absolutely unstoppable, best in the world Brahmos.

By the way, you can get the original one from Russia.

if india can put some pressure on the descendents of roman empire for its own interest(getting back the italian marines) than it surely can put some pressure on the descendents of persian empire....but i dun think that india's gonna do it

What pressure you gonna put on Iran? :lol: Without Western sanction, Iran could have been one of the most developed country in ME, you Indians can only bully small nations in SA but face Iran, you're making your fantasy talk as usual :lol:

You Iranians must don't know about the all powerful Brahmos. Iran have nothing that can stopped the all powerful Brahmos as it will crash into the Iranian nuclear reactors at world class speed. So iran better release the ship or else, watch out for the all powerful, absolutely unstoppable, best in the world Brahmos.

By the way, you can get the original one from Russia.

Calm down rat worshipper. USA has several times more powerful fancy toys then your ''Bhramos'' yet we give them the middle finger every time and screw them in the region and beyond. Now,India who is 10 times smaller then the US and 20 times militarily weaker is certainly not in a position to act the same as the USA towards Iran.
The longer you bark = The longer your ship will remain docked and your crew will have prolonged stay in Iranian jails.

Calm down rat worshipper. USA has several times more powerful fancy toys then your ''Bhramos'' yet we give them the middle finger every time and screw them in the region and beyond. Now,India who is 10 times smaller then the US and 20 times militarily weaker is certainly not in a position to act the same as the USA towards Iran.
The longer you bark = The longer your ship will remain docked and your crew will have prolonged stay in Iranian jails.

why mad at Indians?? He is a chinese living in USA. And his views are pure anti-Indian.

you guys taking stuff out of context. the ship was leaking oil. The indians don't care about environment have you seen indian cities? It looks like a dump. SO they didn't care about the leaking. But Iranians do care about environment and saw that the ship was leaking oil in the PERSIAN GULF and stopped it.

Reminds me when Fareed Zakaria who went to Iran said Tehran and other places are one of the cleanest he has seen in the region.

Back
Top Bottom