Iran blasts dummy US aircraft carrier with missiles

Dalit

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
_113691458_mediaitem113691457.jpg

The mock-up of a US carrier

Iran has launched missiles at a mock-up of a US aircraft carrier in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

The drill included fire so heavy that the US military temporarily put two regional bases on alert.

The US navy condemned the "irresponsible and reckless behaviour by Iran", labelling it an attempt "to intimidate and coerce".

The exercise comes at a time of increased tension between Tehran and Washington in the Gulf waters.

_113691462_mediaitem113691461.jpg

The Iranian military fires a missile targeting the replica

The drills - named Prophet Mohammed 14th - were broadcast on state television.

The mock-up - which resembles a carrier the US routinely sails into the Gulf - is shown with dummy fighter jets on either side of its landing strip. Missiles are then launched from a variety of angles, including some aimed at the carrier.

Another missile fired from a helicopter appears to hit the side of the fake warship.

"What was shown today in these exercises, at the level of aerospace and naval forces, was all offensive," Iran's Revolutionary Guards commander Major General Hossein Salami told state television.

Ballistic missile fire was detected and led to American troops being put on alert in the UAE and Qatar, the US military said.

"The US Navy conducts defensive exercises with our partners promoting maritime security in support of freedom of navigation; whereas, Iran conducts offensive exercises, attempting to intimidate and coerce," said Commander Rebecca Rebarich, spokeswoman for the US Navy's Bahrain-based Fifth Fleet.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-53575874

This is clearly an aggressive and hostile act by Iran which exposes their evil nature and intention to create mischief rather than peace. As a Pakistani Sunni Muslim, I sincerely hope Pakistan modifies its policy vis-a-vis Iran and stop viewing it as an ally. American war on Iran is a distinct possibility. In the event armed conflict does break out, Iran will surely be focused on its western front and the Persian Gulf attempting to stave off a land invasion and devastating attacks by America and her allies Israel, KSA, etc. If Pakistan is smart they will seize the opportunity to assault Iran from the east and seize control of Iran's Sistan and Baluchistan province, which ought to be annexed into Pakistan's Baluchistan province.

This is clearly an aggressive and hostile act by Iran which exposes their evil nature and intention to create mischief rather than peace. As a Pakistani Sunni Muslim, I sincerely hope Pakistan modifies its policy vis-a-vis Iran and stop viewing it as an ally. American war on Iran is a distinct possibility. In the event armed conflict does break out, Iran will surely be focused on its western front and the Persian Gulf attempting to stave off a land invasion and devastating attacks by America and her allies Israel, KSA, etc. If Pakistan is smart they will seize the opportunity to assault Iran from the east and seize control of Iran's Sistan and Baluchistan province, which ought to be annexed into Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
why iran evil and aggressive and USA always innocent, first explain this to us???

why iran evil and aggressive and USA always innocent, first explain this to us???

I wouldn't go so far as to say the US is "always innocent", but overall, the US is a force for good and positive change in this world, especially since the Second World War. Iran, on the other hand, is a destructive force in the region. It engages in proxy wars, spreads sectarianism, and worst of all, is the number one state sponsor of terrorism. Terrorist groups like Hizbullah, Ansarullah (Houthis), Islamic Jihad, and sectarian militias in Iraq are all backed and funded by Iran. It has even been revealed that at one point Iran gave shelter to al-Qaeda, specifically some of their top leadership, as they are both mortal enemies of the US and so made common cause with each other.

Inside Iran, the Mulla regime is extremely repressive of any political dissent, and also repressive of ethnic and religious minorities. In summary, the world would be a lot better place if Iran's present regime was toppled, and its militarism and expansionism in the region dashed to pieces.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the US is "always innocent", but overall, the US is a force for good and positive change in this world, especially since the Second World War. Iran, on the other hand, is a destructive force in the region. It engages in proxy wars, spreads sectarianism, and worst of all, is the number one state sponsor of terrorism. Terrorist groups like Hizbullah, Ansarullah (Houthis), Islamic Jihad, and sectarian militias in Iraq are all backed and funded by Iran. It has even been revealed that at one point Iran gave shelter to al-Qaeda, specifically some of their top leadership, as they are both mortal enemies of the US and so made common cause with each other.

Inside Iran, the Mulla regime is extremely repressive of any political dissent, and also repressive of ethnic and religious minorities. In summary, the world would be a lot better place if Iran's present regime was toppled, and its militarism and expansionism in the region dashed to pieces.
And what they want to change the world is positive way??? instead suppressing/killing innocent countries/peoples of the world Since the world war 2, and as for support of Iran of Hizbulla and other terrorist organizations,USA/West support ISIS and other terrorist organizations in Middle East

What positive change US bought? Taliban? Al qaeda? ISIS?

USA/West support ISIS and other terrorist organizations in Middle East

That seems to be a popular conspiracy theory, especially among us Muslims, but I assure you, there is no truth to it whatsoever. The US and her allies were the ones that decimated ISIS and restored some semblance of peace to the region that was effected by the barbarism and terrorism of ISIS.

What positive change US bought? Taliban? Al qaeda? ISIS?

None of the three entities you mentioned were created or even facilitated by the US. I don't know where you've learned your history, but I suggest you re-educate yourself with the facts and avoid popular conspiracy theories. On the contrary, it was the US that waged war against these three entities, which consider the US its enemy.

That seems to be a popular conspiracy theory, especially among us Muslims, but I assure you, there is no truth to it whatsoever. The US and her allies were the ones that decimated ISIS and restored some semblance of peace to the region that was effected by the barbarism and terrorism of ISIS.
There was pics on the net that ISIS leaders was doing a meeting in white house.Israeli PM, and they have also blame that they backing up Kurd separation struggle, they killed millions of innocent peoples since the world war 2

None of the three entities you mentioned were created or even facilitated by the US. I don't know where you've learned your history, but I suggest you re-educate yourself with the facts and avoid popular conspiracy theories. On the contrary, it was the US that waged war against these three entities, which consider the US its enemy.
Dude first you read the history, Taliban, Al-Quaida is created by jointly CIA/ISI to defeat Soviet Union in Afghanistan

If Pakistan is smart they will seize the opportunity to assault Iran from the east and seize control of Iran's Sistan and Baluchistan province, which ought to be annexed into Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
I think we can agree on this part. I think Pakistan should merge Afghanistan into it as New FATA. Until new FATA is ready to be completely merge into Pakistan.

There was pics on the net that ISIS leaders was doing a meeting in white house.Israeli PM, and they have also blame that they backing up Kurd separation struggle, they killed millions of innocent peoples since the world war 2

"Pics on the internet", please excuse me for being skeptical. "ISIS leaders meeting in the White House", okay buddy whatever you say. Sadly, you are a testament to the conspiratorial and delusional thinking that is so pervasive in our people.

Dude first you read the history, Taliban, Al-Quaida is created by jointly CIA/ISI to defeat Soviet Union in Afghanistan

I have read my history on this subject, quite extensively if I may say so. I can't say the same for you, obviously. You apparently aren't even aware that the Taliban and Al-Qaeda didn't exist until the 1990s, after the Soviet defeat and withdrawal from Afghanistan. So please re-educate yourself on this subject. I recommend you actually read a book, or at the very least, a few Wikipedia articles, instead of uncritically digesting popular conspiracy theories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom