What's new

Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan

@ cb4 : Ahlan Wasahlan ! Ain't that how we Pakistanis greet each other these days ! Plus those long flowing Arab robes or that head dress....we mustn't forget that !

Iran is definitely increasing its footprints in Afghanistan and is not far from supporting the Afghan Govt in its fight against taliban and also help Afghanistan with its development, this will definitely ease India's aid and development operations in AF.

wonder what is the US take on this?

No one is naming missiles on them because they were epitomes of piety or bastions of cruelty ! We name them because they were brilliant military minds. And besides why should it matter ? Would naming the Ghauri 1 as Mother Terresa save a couple of million in Delhi, if God forbid, Pakistan lobs a nuke on that city ? Or would the Indians renaming Prithvi as Rumi suddenly save everyone in Lahore ?

I've read it as Marhattas...I didn't know it was pronounced as the other way around.

Armstrong, it comes as a surprise, no a shock reading this statement from you. I thought you were one of the few good men...

Germany would not name something important to them as Hitler, not because he had a brilliant military mind!

Back to the topic- India , Iran and Afghanistan along with Russia and the West will never let the Taliban come back to power in Afghanistan :enjoy:

Armstrong, it comes as a surprise, no a shock reading this statement from you. I thought you were from the few good men...
Germany would not name something important to them as Hitler, not because he had a brilliant military mind!

Alright along comes the difference of narrative as well ! I've said this before all history is little more than narratives; you guys present your facts & give the verdict that they were barbarians ! We dispute those facts & maintain that they didn't do anything that others who were either born of the same land or visited these areas didn't do.

P.S Hitler was a dumb foOk with brilliant oratory skills. He was anything but a brilliant military mind. I won't have any problem with Germany naming one of its war machines as Rommel, in fact I think they'd be doing a disservice to the Desert Fox for not doing it. If it were Himmler, I'd understand & agree; except we don't see Ghauri or Ghaznavi in the same vein.

I even hear many Pakistanis have stopped saying 'Khodahafez', but no say 'Allahhafez'. What are they feeding you guys?

We use that interchangeably ! And if Persian loan words are the biggest indicator of us going native or us escaping it then know that millions of Pakistani students recite our anthem every day which is written in Persian.

Is that so? So why westerners are being treaded like 'Gods' in Arab states, while Pakistanis and Bangladeshis for example are being looked down upon? Iranians in the US may be proud Americans, but most have them have remained their culture. You guys have lost your ancient culture totally.

Baseless response.

Majority of Westerners get more money but that is because they have more skills and are more educated. Does that make them above the law? Absolutely not. What do you say about Saudi Arabia? They are not allowed to visit Mecca, Medina, not allowed to buy a house and females wearing the Abbia? The rest of the Arab countries like UAE, Qatar, Bahrain etc are equal to everyone. You will find some Pakistanis, Indians, and Bangladeshi CEOs or in something of similar high positions of big companies. But then again, the standard basic laws will remain equal for everyone. Just in case you didn't notice, there are many Iranians living in Dubai. Despite the fact that you two are enemies, it makes no sense why your people would go and live there. Now explain the money part from your angle.

Alright along comes the difference of narrative as well ! I've said this before all history is little more than narratives; you guys present your facts & give the verdict that they were barbarians ! We dispute those facts & maintain that they didn't do anything that others who were either born of the same land or visited these areas didn't do.

That is a different topic altogether, but were you not saying that we just see the brilliant military mind?:undecided:

P.S Hitler was a dumb foOk with brilliant oratory skills. He was anything but a brilliant military mind. I won't have any problem with Germany naming one of its war machines as Rommel, in fact I think they'd be doing a disservice to the Desert Fox for not doing it. If it were Himmler, I'd understand & agree; except we don't see Ghauri or Ghaznavi in the same vein.
maybe he was not brilliant militarily but then he had a brilliant mind is beyond dispute.. Anyways to each his own, let me not derail the thread further.

I even hear many Pakistanis have stopped saying 'Khodahafez', but no say 'Allahhafez'. What are they feeding you guys?

We use it interchangeably. Arabs don't say both.

Sorry but this is a failed attempt by you. :lol:

Back to the topic- India , Iran and Afghanistan along with Russia and the West will never let the Taliban come back to power in Afghanistan :enjoy:

The Taliban are an enemy and an affront to every educated, civilized, decent and moral person on the planet.

They belong in the dustbin of history along with the Nazi Germany, Facist Italy, Imerpial Japan, etc.

The Taliban are an enemy and an affront to every educated, civilized, decent and moral person on the planet.

They belong in the dustbin of history along with the Nazi Germany, Facist Italy, Imerpial Japan, etc.

One cannot agree more no matter who says what..

Wish more Pakistanis could see it this way . Unfortunately, Pakistanis seem to view Pakistani Taliban differently from the Afghan Taliban , when both should be treated as an enemy .

Wish more Pakistanis could see it this way . Unfortunately, Pakistanis seem to view Pakistani Taliban differently from the Afghan Taliban , when both should be treated as an enemy .

Pakistani Taliban and Afghan Taliban are the same.

Its as idiotic as calling the German Army which fought the Western Allies different than the German Army which fought the Soviets in World War II.

Pakistanis cannot grasp the simple fact that the Militants that they trained and nurtured are no longer under their control and have turned their guns on their masters, kinda like Frankenstein run amok.

To alleviate this, they invent conspiracy theories that Pakistani Taliban which is fighting in Pakistan is somehow being bankrolled by India, Israel and USA.

Its similar to a parent who loves their child very much but cannot grasp the fact that their child is failing in school. Instead of investigating why this is happening, either its too much TV, bad friends, etc. The Parents invent conspiracy theories blaming the school for giving the child harder tests or teachers changing their child's correct answers, etc.

In the end, they are only lying to themselves and not improving their child's future.

Pakistani Taliban and Afghan Taliban are the same.

Its as idiotic as calling the German Army which fought the Western Allies different than the German Army which fought the Soviets in World War II.

Pakistanis cannot grasp the simple fact that the Militants that they trained and nurtured are no longer under their control and have turned their guns on their masters, kinda like Frankenstein run amok.

To alleviate this, they invent conspiracy theories that Pakistani Taliban which is fighting in Pakistan is somehow being bankrolled by India, Israel and USA.

Its similar to a parent who loves their child very much but cannot grasp the fact that their child is failing in school. Instead of investigating why this is happening, either its too much TV, bad friends, etc. The Parents invent conspiracy theories blaming the school for giving the child harder tests or teachers changing their child's correct answers, etc.

In the end, they are only lying to themselves and not improving their child's future.

Why do I see most sane Pakistanis living outside Pakistan? A mystery worth investigating... Apologies for the Ot

Back
Top Bottom