What's new

Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan

Why do we go there ? The same reason why we're willing to freeze our arses in Canada or be sun baked in Nigeria (believe in the '60s many..many Pakistanis went there) or find ourselves at the periphery of the world in New Zealand. Had Iran provided better opportunities we would have gone there as well. Heck...you'd even find Pakistanis in a war torn Afghanistan doing business. We might not be as cosmopolitan as our Chinese friends or even the Indians for that matter but we're pretty much every where. It just so happens that Arab countries provide good opportunities to make money.

P.S Indians, Bengalis, Chinese & others are treated the same way in the Arab States like the rest of us ! I'm sure it makes perfect sense to pronounce 'acceptance in our case' & just earning money in theirs.

The relationship between Pakistanis and Arabs is more different than the relationship between Pakistanis and all other people in the world. You guys do everything for the grace (and money) of Arabs. You guys have mentally become Arabs. What happened to your Indo-Iranian past?

Are you crooked? If Ashoka used that symbol and he ruled the subcontinent does our having that in our flag mean we want't to rule other countries? Can you please call some friend or somebody and help you realize the stupidity of your comment. Seriously, is that what your teachers taught you?

Please enlighten me then. Why did you put it?

Pakistani president just accepted to send more retired personal to Bahrain. We also have agreements with other countries to send our labor in those countries. Nothing new.

Do tell me when regular Pakistani troops enter Bahrain territory. Till then no Pakistani troop has entered Bahrain.

You can think whatever you want bro , but your govt. willingly sent former troops to Bahrain to crush protests. This much is settled . Now Iranians are aware of this and are intelligent enough to take whatever position they want.Let them judge

Urdu itself originated in Uttar Pradesh , India . A language that many in India speak and is a very influential language particularly in Indian media . I am sure Pakistanis are aware of this .

Trade , food , architecture in monuments etc. a lot of positive influences have been taken from Iran .

The maximum number of zoroastrians outside Iran , today live in India and have been living here for a millenia and have protected their religion and culture. They have never been persecuted as well .

These are just a few things that i can recall off the bat , and this is when i am poor at history . I am sure someone with more knowledge about Indian history than me can tell about the positive persian influences.

It was born in those areas due to the influence of the Ghaurid Empire than the Delhi Sultanate & then the Mughal Empire. There is a reason why both Urdu & Hindi evolved in their respective directions.

Trade, Food, Architecture - all of them happened predominantly either during the period of the Delhi Sultanate or the Mughal Empire & off & on before & after them during the Ghauri, the Ghaznavid & the Abdali Empires. Pray tell me which exactly of them were Indian in origin in the same vein as Prithvi Raj or Shiva Jii were ?

The Zorastrian thing doesn't count for anything ! I could argue that we've got the second largest Shia Population in the world & Iran is a predominantly Shia Country with the Zorastrians of the past having converted to Shia Islam, & so it should count for something ! It doesn't ! Your Parsi are Indian...our Parsis are Pakistanis. Our Shias are our own...their Sunnis are theirs. This argument doesn't hold for me.

The relationship between Pakistanis and Arabs is more different than the relationship between Pakistanis and all other people in the world. You guys do everything for the grace (and money) of Arabs. You guys have mentally become Arabs. What happened to your Indo-Iranian past?

Dude you are making yourself a joke here. Why are both of your flags dutch ? I think many Iranian members will agree with me on that.

BTW, after Shah, do you know how many Iranians left ? Many left for America, and i'm a witness that they are proud to be Americans. As per your logic, if Pakistanis live in Arab countries then so what? Perhaps you have not been to an Arab country and i can happily give you some facts. Everyone there is treated the same. Be it Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Egyptians, etc. And just to let you know, no one gets to be a citizen there.

Sher Shah Suri was a great man. He was born in Bihar and Indians have a positive view of him.
Well, we don't name our missiles and weapons after anyone who we would consider cruel.
But that's a long debate and probably meant for another forum. But Amstrong, I'm surprised you call them Marhattas? They are Marathas not Marhattas.

No one is naming missiles on them because they were epitomes of piety or bastions of cruelty ! We name them because they were brilliant military minds. And besides why should it matter ? Would naming the Ghauri 1 as Mother Terresa save a couple of million in Delhi, if God forbid, Pakistan lobs a nuke on that city ? Or would the Indians renaming Prithvi as Rumi suddenly save everyone in Lahore ?

I've read it as Marhattas...I didn't know it was pronounced as the other way around.

Why do we go there ?

P.S Indians, Bengalis, Chinese & others are treated the same way in the Arab States like the rest of us ! I'm sure it makes perfect sense to pronounce 'acceptance in our case' & just earning money in theirs.
In effect you are stating that many Pakistanis have never had nor have a obsession with Arabs?

BTW, after Shah, do you know how many Iranians left ? Many left for America, and i'm a witness to see that they are proud to be Americans. As per your logic, if Pakistanis live in Arab countries then so what? Perhaps you have not been to an Arab country and i can happily give you some facts. Everyone there is treated the same. Be it Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Egyptians, etc. And just to let you know, no one gets to be a citizen there.

Is that so? So why westerners are being treaded like 'Gods' in Arab states, while Pakistanis and Bangladeshis for example are being looked down upon? Iranians in the US may be proud Americans, but most have them have remained their culture. You guys have lost your ancient culture totally.

It was born in those areas due to the influence of the Ghaurid Empire than the Delhi Sultanate & then the Mughal Empire. There is a reason why both Urdu & Hindi evolved in their respective directions.

Trade, Food, Architecture - all of them happened predominantly either during the period of the Delhi Sultanate or the Mughal Empire & off & on before & after them during the Ghauri, the Ghaznavid & the Abdali Empires. Pray tell me which exactly of them were Indian in origin in the same vein as Prithvi Raj or Shiva Jii were ?

The Zorastrian thing doesn't count for anything ! I could argue that we've got the second largest Shia Population in the world & Iran is a predominantly Shia Country with the Zorastrians of the past having converted to Shia Islam, & so it should count for something ! It doesn't ! Your Parsi are Indian...our Parsis are Pakistanis. Our Shias are our own...their Sunnis are theirs. This argument doesn't hold for me.

You were talking about what positive influences Persian culture had on India and I gave you the real examples . I never claimed any of these were indigenous ,although Urdu was , as it originated in U.P . Origins was never the question.

Ans yes Pkaistan does have the second largest Shia population in the world and you can argue that . I am not the one claiming here that Persia hasn't had relations with Pakistan , you were the one who claimed that India(modern day) has not had relations with Persia going back thousands of years .

It is funny , both Indians and Iranians agree to this that we had great relations for thousands of years which is also corroborated by N number of international historians but only some Pakistanis have to deny it . Don't mind friend , but you are deliberately trying to be Kabaab main Haddi here,

That is your prerogative ! We don't buy into that. Yes we have a soft spot for Arabs...because we're big on the Muslim Brotherhood thing. Yes we have a strategic relationship with Saudi Arabia & believe it or not...we had the best of relations with Iran during the Shahs time...! Our change was not because of Saudi petrodollars pumping into the country for we've had a relationship with them for a while before that too, but because of Iran's ardent desire to export the revolution.

We have our pasts...! That of the Punjabis, the Sindhis, the Baloch, the Kashmiris, the Pashtun & that of dozens of ethnic & linguistic groups all over the country. We're all proud of our languages, our customs & traditions.

While I have seen 1 or 2 Indians warmonger against my nation, I have seen many, many more people with Pakistani flags.

Interesting... Good to know where we stand.

i have seen more bitter iranians than i have indians, if you just take out the ratio of population here

This thread has gone way off topic and probably done on purpose.

Its India & Iran about Afghanistan.....

In effect you are stating that many Pakistanis have never had nor have a obsession with Arabs?

Above & beyond - Hey they're Muslims & hey we're Muslims ! The same that we have with the Bengalis, the Afghans & other such mind boggling relationships due to our past, no we don't.

You were talking about what positive influences Persian culture had on India and I gave you the real examples . I never claimed any of these were indigenous ,although Urdu was , as it originated in U.P . Origins was never the question.

Ans yes Pkaistan does have the second largest Shia population in the world and you can argue that . I am not the one claiming here that Persia hasn't had relations with Pakistan , you were the one who claimed that India(modern day) has not had relations with Persia going back thousands of years .

It is funny , both Indians and Iranians agree to this that we had great relations for thousands of years which is also corroborated by N number of international historians but only some Pakistanis have to deny it . Don't mind friend , but you are deliberately trying to be Kabaab main Haddi here,

Never said that you didn't ! Only said that were by virtue of our geography the proverbial 'kebab mein haddi' so the relationship was predominantly with our areas. Par...no ghusssaaa ! :kiss3:

Above & beyond - Hey they're Muslims & hey we're Muslims ! The same that we have with the Bengalis, the Afghans & other such mind boggling relationships due to our past, no we don't.

Never said that you didn't ! Only said that were by virtue of our geography the proverbial 'kebab mein haddi' so the relationship was predominantly with our areas. Par...no ghusssaaa ! :kiss3:

facepalm.jpg

Let us just agree to disagree and move on . This is not the topic of the thread anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom