What's new

Iran: All Iran's restrictions in JCPoA are over

Iran: All Iran's restrictions in JCPoA are over

The Islamic Republic of Iran, in its fifth step in reducing its commitments, sets aside the last of its key operational constraints on the Brjam, the "limit on the number of centrifuges". As such, the Islamic Republic of Iran's nuclear program no longer faces any restrictions in its field of operation (including enrichment capacity, percentage of enrichment, amount of enriched material, and research and development), and ...
I am saying that from day 1, test your device if you have, and see the monkey dance.

No shit, of course Iran must obtain nukes asap, once they demonstrate credible nukes and delivery system they are then in a secured position. The next priority is to find trade partners to bypass US dollar based sanction, once this is done Iran is golden, free to develop economy.

I'm glad Iran decides to de-escalate with limited strike, you must bid your time and stay low before you get nukes. The best revenge is to be successful, US will come to fear an economically strong Iran.

You are giving nuclear bomb too much credit. While it maybe a good deterrent, it is not the solution to Iran. Iran needs to secure the region through development of relationship and policies that enable trade. Nothing brings about sustainable stability more than economic prosperity and opportunity.

North Korea has nukes, they also have the toughest sanctions against them.

No shit, of course Iran must obtain nukes asap, once they demonstrate credible nukes and delivery system they are then in a secured position. The next priority is to find trade partners to bypass US dollar based sanction, once this is done Iran is golden, free to develop economy.

I'm glad Iran decides to de-escalate with limited strike, you must bid your time and stay low before you get nukes. The best revenge is to be successful, US will come to fear an economically strong Iran.

Despite losing high official(s) in the latest strike and counterstrike with the USA, Iran is the winner in the long game: Iranian nuclear enrichment has no restrictions any more.

It also seems the latest tit-for-tat should allow Iran to bypass some of the sanctions depending upon the list of countries that would be sympathetic to Iran.

You are giving nuclear bomb too much credit. While it maybe a good deterrent, it is not the solution to Iran. Iran needs to secure the region through development of relationship and policies that enable trade. Nothing brings about sustainable stability more than economic prosperity and opportunity.

Nukes alone are of course not enough, but without it the US can do whatever they please with impunity. All the effort you mentioned can be easily sabotaged by the US if they can act without consequence.

If you pay attention to US media and public opinion you'll see that they are already painting it as US win, Trump win. That means we can expect this type of behavior from the US in the future.

The final analysis is both sides can keep escalating in tit for tat, but eventually if it escalates to conventional warfare the score is going to be pretty lopsided as long as the US does not go to land war with Iran. This is the basis for US action.

Nukes cannot guarantee success for Iran, as you point out there are a lot of effort to make. But nukes give you a chance to success, without it Iran is doomed to fail.

Despite losing high official(s) in the latest strike and counterstrike with the USA, Iran is the winner in the long game: Iranian nuclear enrichment has no restrictions any more.

It also seems the latest tit-for-tat should allow Iran to bypass some of the sanctions depending upon the list of countries that would be sympathetic to Iran.

Yeah, right now Iran has gain some amount of sympathy among the world, I'd say it is the best window of opportunity for Iran.

Nukes alone are of course not enough, but without it the US can do whatever they please with impunity. All the effort you mentioned can be easily sabotaged by the US if they can act without consequence.

If you pay attention to US media and public opinion you'll see that they are already painting it as US win, Trump win. That means we can expect this type of behavior from the US in the future.

The final analysis is both sides can keep escalating in tit for tat, but eventually if it escalates to conventional warfare the score is going to be pretty lopsided as long as the US does not go to land war with Iran. This is the basis for US action.

Nukes cannot guarantee success for Iran, as you point out there are a lot of effort to make. But nukes give you a chance to success, without it Iran is doomed to fail.

Yeah, right now Iran has gain some amount of sympathy among the world, I'd say it is the best window of opportunity for Iran.

I appreciate your reasoning but I am taking into consideration that US is on the move out. They are no longer invested in the region as previous strategic value is diminishing: oil & gas

What remains in long term are major challenges brought by environment degradation due to climate change, lack of investment in sustainability and consequential wars that follows. People will rise when there is hunger and no economic opportunities.

Yes, we need to have deterrent but the deterrent's type will change depending on the adversary. Right now, US and economic challenges brought by them are the adversary. Not long from now, US will be out of the picture in Middle East but we would be left with their catastrophic foot print and decades of war and destruction and poor economic development.

This is why Iraq is in such a bad shape. They have been under war, 20 a decade of sanctions another war for 18 years which has led to current situation.

I appreciate your reasoning but I am taking into consideration that US is on the move out. They are no longer invested in the region as previous strategic value is diminishing: oil & gas

What remains in long term are major challenges brought by environment degradation due to climate change, lack of investment in sustainability and consequential wars that follows. People will rise when there is hunger and no economic opportunities.

Yes, we need to have deterrent but the deterrent's type will change depending on the adversary. Right now, US and economic challenges brought by them are the adversary. Not long from now, US will be out of the picture in Middle East but we would be left with their catastrophic foot print and decades of war and destruction and poor economic development.

This is why Iraq is in such a bad shape. They have been under war, 20 a decade of sanctions another war for 18 years which has led to current situation.

I don't know, maybe you are right. Maybe US will leave Iran and ME alone.... but personally I doubt it, there's the need to maintain petro-dollar, there's Israel interest and Saudi interest...etc.

My biggest doubt is this: The american have this Monroe doctrine, the doctrine used to apply to the america continent but now I believe the doctrine is global. The US must not allow the emergence of peer competitor anywhere period. US did not tolerate an economically powerful Japan even when they are allies (remember the plaza accord). US is not tolerating China and Russia now. When India starts to become too strong in the Indian ocean the US will not tolerate them either.

Therefore it is hard to believe the US will simply allow Iran to develop economy unmolested. Either Iran stay weak to stay under US radar, or Iran must acquire some deterrent.

Otherwise I agree with you it is extremely important to get trade going, I imagine the sanction must be pretty debilitating. I believe now you'll find a lot of nations willing to bypass sanction with Iran.

Being an independent and not a client state for some powers comes with a price. So the choice is you either stay independent and live with sanctions and other sabotages or you Become a client state and be given all of the benefit that comes with it.

There is a middle choice though: You don't necessarily become a client state but also not stay fully independent. That means when you see things happening in your neighborhood that may go against your beliefs and convictions, you're not supposed to care; you just burry your head in the sand and look the other way. That way you avoid being sanctioned and attacked. There's no guarantee that you'll forever remain in this status though. The powers that be would come for you at some point and state we want you to do this and that.

So in all 3 options, nukes with deliverable systems that can reach as far as needed, guarantee you not to be pushed around.

Last edited:
Now time to make nukes. :guns::guns::guns:

I am sure someday Iranian leader will surprise us :tup:

Being an independent and not a client state for some powers comes with a price. So the choice is you either stay independent and live with sanctions and other sabotages or you Become a client state and be given all of the benefit that comes with it.

There is a middle choice though: You don't necessarily become a client state but also not stay fully independent. That means when you see things happening in your neighborhood that may go against your beliefs and convictions, you're not supposed to care; you just burry your head in the sand and look the other way. That way you avoid being sanctioned and attacked. There's no guarantee that you'll forever remain in this status though. The powers that be would come for you at some point and state we want you to do this and that.

So in all 3 options, nukes with deliverable systems that can reach as far as needed, guarantee you not to be pushed around.

I doubt Iran even has a choice. You might find it hard to believe but there were some US worshiper in China, they would say "it's not so bad to be a client state, look at Japan and Korea"...

And I would tell them Japan and Korea were propped up as bulwark against communist bloc in east asia, now against China. Who are we to be propped up against? our very self??
If China were to submit to US, it would not be satisfactory unless China is completely Bulkanized. We can't be a client state even if we wanted to...

Unfortunately for Iran it is in the same shoes. What is there in ME worth propping up Iran against? It is doubly tragic that Iran is too big to be a vassal, yet too weak to maintain independence.

Back
Top Bottom