What's new

Iran: A "Role Model" For Pakistan To Get Self-Reliance in Defence

I know more science than your whole family. Lets that be clear now. But as per Islamic faith we believe not in chance but that everything has been given to us by Allah. But of course you seem to have almost left the Islamic faith. Since you even did not condemn your friend's joke on Allah on this thread which he had put up for your read primarily. That says where you stand and where I. To you what you believe and for me Allah is the one. You can now go on and joke about Allah and human genitals along with your friend. I want no more part in this discussion as your true face and faith has come out clearly for every one to see.

Wow lol. Alright have a wonderful day and enjoy your New Years.

Do you guys remember the 2009 attack on the Pakistani embassy in Tehran? We even reported the incident here on the forum. I remember most Pakistanis didn't even resort to racism or hatred but were disappointed in it. The Iranian protesters even burned the Pakistani flag, shouting anti-Pakistani slurs. Now I'm not saying this is a representation of Iranian society as a whole, but it does show a segment of Iranian society isn't so friendly about Pakistan.

Pak Embassy in Tehran attacked :: [url]www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [reg.de][/url]

They vandalized the building, threatening the workers inside, and burned the flag right in front of the embassy. What did Iranian security do? This went on for some time.

I was surprised by this I didn't think a Pakistani embassy would ever be attacked in Iran and allowed to go on. I was wrong.

yes i forgot it, now i remember it

While its admirable that Pakistan want's to be more independent in there defense products. Frankly why compaire yourself to Iran. Pakistans military is 100% more modern than Irans. Iran remanufactures obsolete soviet T-55's and M-47's and uses vismods to make them appear to be some ubber modern this and that. Irans Military isn't in anyway superior to Pakistans.

The basic question is whether it's better to buy a superior product, or make an inferior product yourself. Basically, do you want to learn to walk so you can maybe run someday, or just keep leaning on others forever?

Pakistan is in an excellent position. We have a very close relationship with China, where there is much greater opportunity for transfer of knowledge and to develop indigenous capabilities on technology which is sometimes matching, and always comparable, to Western tech. And, in all cases, Chinese technology far surpasses anything Pakistan has indigenously, so it's an excellent learning opportunity.

How US is going to battle Iranian Zulfiqar tanks:

Zulfigar_1.jpg
M60 chassis, gun without thermal sleeve (last time i seen this in early 70-es), no sights. Yet another bluff product from Iran. Saddam's T-72s in 1991 were uber tanks compare to it.

M60 chassis, gun without thermal sleeve (last time i seen this in early 70-es), no sights. Yet another bluff product from Iran. Saddam's T-72s in 1991 were uber tanks compare to it.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2453293

First American casualty is going to be its HQ in Tel Aviv. Hezbollah will take care of that. Back to topic Pakistan should learn from Iran how to deal with Zionist. Pakistan and Iran should sign a defense pact immediately

As much as one would like to become self reliant in everything Pakistan would be much better off investing time,energy and money in the so far unexplored avenues of science. Pakistan's mil budget is too small to justify the cost of indigenous development anyway.

As much as one would like to become self reliant in everything Pakistan would be much better off investing time,energy and money in the so far unexplored avenues of science. Pakistan's mil budget is too small to justify the cost of indigenous development anyway.

For an industrial base you need a reasonable population. At least we have that. I say we did well in the 90s when we had sanctions and law of necessity applied. The following decade we have JF17, Babur, al khalid etc. maybe not cutting edge but in time we will get there. There are no quick fixes in life and its good to go down this road so we are not faced with embargoes etc at crucial times as in the past

Think Turkey whose economical figures is going to show over 1 trillion $ in coming years and check the defence industrial activities, strategic projects, efforts of Turkish engineers aiming to compete the World's leader in some sectors. Check the new R&D institutes, microwave, chip developments, teknopark projects...etc along with complete system developments such as Tank, Helo, UAV, warShips, long range missiles that those strategic subsystems will be used on... (without any single cheap propagandas to hide the real face of sector)

Now, While taking all those into your mind, Imagine again a Turkey with Iranian oil reserves to see Who can be a role model for development and self reliance...

Think Turkey whose economical figures is going to show over 1 trillion $ in coming years and check the defence industrial activities, strategic projects, efforts of Turkish engineers aiming to compete the World's leader in some sectors. Check the new R&D institutes, microwave, chip developments, teknopark projects...etc along with complete system developments such as Tank, Helo, UAV, warShips, long range missiles that those strategic subsystems will be used on... (without any single cheap propagandas to hide the real face of sector)

Now, While taking all those into your mind, Imagine again a Turkey with Iranian oil reserves to see Who can be a role model for development and self reliance...

It's not either-or. Both Turkey and Iran are working on self-reliance. That is the important point.

Most of those items you listed have not yet been inducted. Iranian missiles (like Ghadr, Shahab, Sejjil), which can do serious damage to Zionists, is much more "potent" than any tank in the world or aircrafts or other conventional weapons. Besides, Turkey does not face the sanctions regime like Iran, nor is Turkey unstable like Pakistan. Being a member of NATO and an aspiring member of EU means Turkey gets to be a cheap destination for European tourists and as much an infidel country as any other European country. The majority of Pakistanis do not associate with the level of immorality widespread in Turkey (or Europe). Even though Turkey is highly praised by Pakistanis, it is mostly so on defense forums/fora. In real life, secular alcohol selling Turkey where Europeans live like in Europe with all their immoral activities will hardly be accepted by the vast majority of Pakistanis (or most other "Muslims" of the world).

This is why taking Turkey as a model is difficult if not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom