What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you said is the evolution of a script.

What is said is, for example , using English to write in Tamil. Not all sounsd can be accurately captured.

Why not??You just need to improvise.Don't tell me you never send Tamil texts in latin script.

The two of you ... have you ever seen the urdu character set ? it is borrowed from Arabic.

How does urdu have Sanskrit roots ?

Look at many words that you talk ever day, and they are actually Arabic words.

I am not going to list any; you have to learn to learn accept your mistake and sit calm.

Urdu and persian are to arabic what English and French are to latin.

I can say that since I speak Urdu, Pashto and Arabic.

Let's start again, at the root.

Nouns and adjectives, adverbs, do not define a language. A script emphatically does not define a language. Grammatical structure defines a language.

Do you understand?

Just to drive the point home, here is a neutral opinion:

Urdu /ˈʊərduː/ (اُردُو [ˈʊrd̪u], or more precisely Standard Urdu, is a South Asian language in the Indo-Aryan branch in the Indo-European family of languages. It is the national language and lingua franca of Pakistan. It is also an official language of five Indian states and one of the 22 scheduled languages in the Constitution of India.
Based on the Khariboli dialect of Delhi, Urdu developed under the influence of Persian, Arabic, and Turkic languages over the course of almost 900 years. It originated in the region of Uttar Pradesh in the Indian subcontinent during the Delhi Sultanate (1206–1527), and continued to develop under the Mughal Empire (1526–1858). Urdu is mutually intelligible with Standard Hindi spoken in India. Both languages share the same Indo-Aryan base, and are so similar in basic structure, grammar and to a large extent vocabulary and phonology, that they appear to be one language. The combined population of Urdu and Standard Hindi speakers is the fourth largest in the world.

I somehow don't think that linguistics is your field.

@Azazel glad to know you can google stuff :enjoy:

You are some dense man! :blink:

Why? He is perfectly right. What is wrong about what he said? Could you put your finger on his mistake rather than commenting at a tangent, and getting personal? Have you anything relevant to say about the topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
No I was born in the fertile plains of Punjab ! :smitten:

Unlike you who was born in a city younger than my Grandpa ! :omghaha:

so dat is why dat fertile land had a grt effect on ur fertile brain too lol:P

Isl is younger ok but still better than old n outdated lhr juz lik an old n lazy grany:meeting:

@mastaan Sahib aaap kiii Urdu kaisiii haiii ya aaaap Koshur apni maadre-zubaan ke tor par bolteiii hain ? :what:

ai hai...dekho mayri urdu kitni khubsoorat hai :rofl:

tumhari haseen urdu k husn ka kiya kahein..........agay nahi kahaoon ga verna @Alpha1 ajaye ga verna:omghaha:

so dat is why dat fertile land had a grt effect on ur fertile brain too lol:P

Isl is younger ok but still better than old n outdated lhr juz lik an old n lazy grany:meeting:

Isloo is a city with no culture, no history, no colour & no life after 10:00 in the evening ! :omghaha:

urdu evolved from fusion of hindi and words from persian and other tribal languages forced down their throat of the converts by turkish barbarians !

First, Persian is hardly a tribal language. It is a cognate language of Vedic Sanskrit, and together they formed the Indo-Iranian branch of Indo-European.

Second, Urdu was the language of the camp. In military camps, a large number of people of extremely different backgrounds came together. Nobody imposed the lingua Franca that emerged on anybody. If a person wanted to be understood, he either spoke the other person's native language or spoke the lingua Franca.

Why? He is perfectly right. What is wrong about what he said? Could you put your finger on his mistake rather than commenting at a tangent, and getting personal? Have you anything relevant to say about the topic?
And u are getting personal btw!

meri urdu bhi achi nahin hai....Allah bala karaay humrai urdu ki teacher ka, hum par bahut waqt aur mehnaat zaya ki.....pta nahin pass kaisy hoa

mujhe lagta tha k meri urdu bekar hai per ap logo k dekh kr lagta hai k bhut achi hai :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom