What's new

Delhi varsity considers removing Allama Iqbal from syllabus

Then what the Sangh wants is not a democracy.

I am glad that some idiot, you in this case, has come out clearly with the bigoted idea at the core of the Sangh's philosophy. Now we know what it means, under that pompous nonsense about Indic and Abrahamic faiths.
Joe, thats not what i believe, it is sanghi idea. :)

We don't need India to recognize Allama Iqbal.

Allama Iqbal is well recognized in Pakistan.

Two things I don't like about Sir Allama Muhammad Iqbal

1) He was a Brahman

2) He was a slave of the British.

Last edited:
Two things I don't like about Sir Allama Muhammad Iqbal

1) He was a Brahmin

2) He was a slave of the British.
Huh, what?

Allama Iqbal was the descendants of Brahmins who converted to Islam.

2) He may have been a westernized person, but he still wanted the best for the Muslim community in South Asia.

Huh, what?

Allama Iqbal was the descendants of Brahmins who converted to Islam.

2) He may have been a westernized person, but he still wanted the best for the Muslim community in South Asia.

Never trust the Brahmans. They are snakes.

Also, He got knighthood because he was working for the British.

It is far from coincidence that the strongest locations for the BJP have been the Brahmin-first locations.
That is so sterotypical but also so wrong. Firstly, the so-called "Brahmin vote" is probably the most heterogeneous of all caste groups. Secondly, the Brahmins were an integral and dominant part of the Congress' BHAM alliance and only switched to other parties in large numbers after that caste alliance was destroyed by the mandal/kamandal phenomenon. Even after that , the Brahmin vote, though never a monolith , has been very opportunistic. They voted in large numbers for the BSP when Mayawati came to power on her own on the back to the opportunistic Brahmin Dalit alliance. Even today, Brahmins in UP have a soft corner for the Congress because of the perception of Thakur Raj under Yogi Adityanath, but are sticking with the BJP only to keep the SP out.

Joe, thats not what i believe, it is sanghi idea. :)
So sorry.

My apologies.

This is embarrassing.:bad:

LOL but you folks including your Military play, sing and listen to his song.. You people are pathetic!.. You can't even write your own song...

We did.

That's our song.

Written by an Indian.

You ignoramus :rofl:

1) He was a Brahman
Once converted, you lose caste. Except for Konkani Saraswats in Goa, who remain Brahmones.

That is so sterotypical but also so wrong. Firstly, the so-called "Brahmin vote" is probably the most heterogeneous of all caste groups. Secondly, the Brahmins were an integral and dominant part of the Congress' BHAM alliance and only switched to other parties in large numbers after that caste alliance was destroyed by the mandal/kamandal phenomenon. Even after that , the Brahmin vote, though never a monolith , has been very opportunistic. They voted in large numbers for the BSP when Mayawati came to power on her own on the back to the opportunistic Brahmin Dalit alliance. Even today, Brahmins in UP have a soft corner for the Congress because of the perception of Thakur Raj under Yogi Adityanath, but are sticking with the BJP only to keep the SP out.
Good analysis (I am partly reacting to having been caught out so badly by Rakesh, in his blasted earlier post).

Let me rework my own explanation, with this in view.

Last edited:
You are confining yourself to the UP, I notice (with a certain degree of relief).

Allama Iqbal was an Indian?
Yes, as was Jinnah.

So sorry.

My apologies.

This is embarrassing.:bad:

We did.

That's our song.

Written by an Indian.

You ignoramus :rofl:

Once converted, you lose caste. Except for Konkani Saraswats in Goa, who remain Brahmones.

Good analysis (I am partly reacting to having been caught out so badly in your blasted earlier post).

Let me rework my own explanation, with this in view.

Brahmans are snakes. They revert to Islam but change colors like chameleons. Never trust a Brahman.

You are confining yourself to the UP, I notice (with a certain degree of relief).

Yes, as was Jinnah.

LOL You guys are pathetic!

Brahmans are snakes. They revert to Islam but change colors like chameleons. Never trust a Brahman.

LOL You guys are pathetic!
Quite possibly.

If you can quell your limitless amusement, and bring yourself to write coherent sentences, it might amuse others to know why you think so.

As a Canadian, you have the advantage of detachment from the situation, coupled with an investment of your entire personal legacy in these issues.

Before going further, please confirm that you have passed school.

Quite possibly.

If you can quell your limitless amusement, it might amuse others to know why you think so.

As a Canadian, you have the advantage of detachment from the situation, coupled with an investment of your entire personal legacy in these issues.

Stop appropriating our people.

You guys lack creativity and originality.

Always trying to copy or appropriate others.

I think the broader point that the Brahmin vote and politics is opportunistic and focused on power rather than ideology is true across India. Even in TN, Jayalitha, an Iyengar, managed to take over a party founded on the premise of anti Brahminism.

I would go to the extent of saying that Brahmins have enjoyed far more political power under Congress dispensations ( where the backward classes have usually had only token representation in the ruling elite) than under the BJP ( which has put several backwards , including Modi, in real leadership roles).

Stop appropriating our people.
What people? They were Indians until 15th August 1947 (not 14th August). Silly little schoolboy.

You guys lack creativity and originality.

Always trying to copy or appropriate others.
Yes, that's why Pakistani movies run in all our theatres, that's why Pakistani films win awards....I could go on, but you still haven't shown your school-leaving certificate.

I think the broader point that the Brahmin vote and politics is opportunistic and focused on power rather than ideology is true across India. Even in TN, Jayalitha, an Iyengar, managed to take over a party founded on the premise of anti Brahminism.
My point was not that the Brahmin votes in a uniform manner.

My point was that MOST Brahmins, when they do not feel threatened, tend to vote in clumps and clusters that tend to favour right wing Hindu nationalism.

Of course there are exceptions. I have quoted my own family before. That is not a show-stopper of an argument.

Jayalalitha (who was a Mysore Mandyam Iyengar, akin to but not identical to the Hebbars whom I know rather better) came to power in rather specific circumstances. Her mentor, MGR, was derided as Malayali, but was from a grouping that spanned southern India and Sri Lanka both, the Thevars (they have a much grander name for themselves, and Thevar is what the rest of us untermensch call them), the warriors of the southern-most parts, and dominant in politics over all other social sectors. For obvious social reasons, the anti-Brahminism of the Justice Party, followed by the DK, then the DMK, then the AIADMK, was buoyed up by the Thevars, smarting under the very dismissive way in which Tamil history was misrepresented and their role minimised. This was one of the grenades of social engineering in Tamilakam (to borrow a phrase from that scoundrel of a Governor), and it is still unexploded. If we did not have such incompetent idiots in office in New Delhi, we might have been tackling this and other unresolved caste issues.

To get back to our discussion, Jayalalitha was brought up as a Brahmin, but her paternity was anything but. That was widely known, and earned her no disrespect, instead being a source of a certain degree of conservative awe and respect in the presence of blue blood (blue blood, but of a caste that found it difficult to get matches, just as the Maratha descendants of Shivaji did, or the Scindhias, Holkars and Gaekwads, or Bhonsles of Nagpur). She was mentored by an individual who was not only a larger-than-life figure himself, but represented a fierce grouping in a state of enraged indignation at the short shrift they had been given. The resentment was directed at the Naidus and Gounders, as well as the Brahmins, and that may give you a clue to the dynamics of Tamilian social movements even today.

I would go to the extent of saying that Brahmins have enjoyed far more political power under Congress dispensations ( where the backward classes have usually had only token representation in the ruling elite) than under the BJP ( which has put several backwards , including Modi, in real leadership roles).
That is a very intelligent point, but the counter to that lies within your knowledge of Indian politics, beyond a doubt.

If you care to consider, it has always been that the BJP has acted as a political grouping of RSS people, the RSS considering the thrust and cut of electoral politics to be an undignified occupation not appropriate for cultured and educated people who prided themselves on their standing aloof from positions where corruption was a constant temptation. If you stop to consider the BJP leadership, you are indeed right to consider the eclectic leadership that they have received. If you turn to the RSS, however, the picture is radically different. And therein lies the key to your puzzle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom