What's new

Investing half a million pounds in pakistan

Hilarious. many of the recommendations are where Baz2020 becomes a servant to enrich the lives of Pakistanis. Lots of be a farmer...one of the lowest rungs on the ladder. Guess that is what happens when you believe that the money of those who gave you a life and took care of you is yours.

Hilarious. many of the recommendations are where Baz2020 becomes a servant to enrich the lives of Pakistanis. Lots of be a farmer...one of the lowest rungs on the ladder. Guess that is what happens when you believe that the money of those who gave you a life and took care of you is yours.
What are you on about? Elaborate

I am thinking of investing half a million pounds of my hard earned money in Pakistan. Any suggestions on what industries are best?
show biz, no biz like show biz. and by show biz, I mean special effects studios where you can provide services like green-screening all the way to 3D modelling along with other special effects. I too am interested in this field and like you, am willing invest my hard earned dollars. I have touched basis with a number stars and celebrities in Pakistan like Hamza Ali Abbassi, Shaan Shahid and Zainab Qayoom and others, indeed, there is a big demand for that, right now, they have out source special effects for movies like Sherdil and Parwaz Hai Junoon and others to companies in China, Turkey and south Korea. they can get pricy. so DEFINITELY a demand for that within Pakistan but will require cutting edge, latest equipment including cameras, fast computer servers with high GPU rendering output and software. if you are interested, we can meet and make a trip to Pakistan together on an exploratory trip and see what we can find. I say exploratory because as you said, it is our hard earned money, we don't wanna dive in head first without doing some first hand research. if your interested then lemme know.

show biz, no biz like show biz. and by show biz, I mean special effects studios where you can provide services like green-screening all the way to 3D modelling along with other special effects. I too am interested in this field and like you, am willing invest my hard earned dollars. I have touched basis with a number stars and celebrities in Pakistan like Hamza Ali Abbassi, Shaan Shahid and Zainab Qayoom and others, indeed, there is a big demand for that, right now, they have out source special effects for movies like Sherdil and Parwaz Hai Junoon and others to companies in China, Turkey and south Korea. they can get pricy. so DEFINITELY a demand for that within Pakistan but will require cutting edge, latest equipment including cameras, fast computer servers with high GPU rendering output and software. if you are interested, we can meet and make a trip to Pakistan together on an exploratory trip and see what we can find. I say exploratory because as you said, it is our hard earned money, we don't wanna dive in head first without doing some first hand research. if your interested then lemme know.

Please send a DM to me and I will send you my email

I am thinking of investing half a million pounds of my hard earned money in Pakistan. Any suggestions on what industries are best?
DONT DO IT
please invest through govt channels so that nobody can do fraud or scam or unapproved or illegal like thing with your investment . Invest through legal channels .
What government and what legal channels...if you know Pakistan you know even judges take bribes. Police are the worst and staybthe hell away from anyone pertaining to be religious

DONT DO IT

What government and what legal channels...if you know Pakistan you know even judges take bribes. Police are the worst and staybthe hell away from anyone pertaining to be religious
That's disappointing. I thought there was lot of investment coming into Pakistan. Who are those people then?

Don't pay much attention to the naysayers. Do your homework and invest. PTI is improving ease of doing business in Pakistan (Raking was 147 in 2018 and now dropped to 108 mashAllah say). Choose an industry, visit Pakistan, look for a solid source, make contacts, start low and slow agay Allah malik. Do take calculated risk.

That's disappointing. I thought there was lot of investment coming into Pakistan. Who are those people then?
Bro I have lived in pakistan for 7 plus years and I wanted to do significant investment too. However if you are OK with haram income then pakistan is the best place for investment. If you are not then I would not invest a penny. Its a country where you cannot even get a gas meter installed without paying bribes.

Following: IT (or) education. If you need pointers in relation, let me know.

Do not invest in property dealing however.

Don't pay much attention to the naysayers. Do your homework and invest. PTI is improving ease of doing business in Pakistan (Raking was 147 in 2018 and now dropped to 108 mashAllah say). Choose an industry, visit Pakistan, look for a solid source, make contacts, start low and slow agay Allah malik. Do take calculated risk.

Tell me what's the strategy of ruling clergy to attract investments in alternative energy?
At least we see regional countries are breaking records in attracting investments in solar energy!
I think sun shine equally bright and long in Pakistan,
Do not invest in property dealing however.
This will generate profit without much headache and is the back bone of Pakistan's economy.
There are waivers on stamp duty, but that again came after ruling clergy almost cut their own feet.

Last edited:
When you say education you mean another beacon house?
I will not generalize like that. There are different levels of education and different methods to impart education (organizational setups vary accordingly). If you desire a profitable investment then education sector is worth a look. There is no need to over-invest in a potential startup.

If you wish to be a silent partner in a well-established organization then this is another thing.
This will generate profit without much headache and is the back bone of Pakistan's economy.
There are waivers on stamp duty, but that again came after ruling clergy almost cut their own feet.
Too many scammers and potential disputes in the mix. Investment in property dealing from abroad and without solid connections is something I will not recommend in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom