What's new

Investing half a million pounds in pakistan

It would be much easier to guide you if you can tell us about ur professional back ground. all the suggestions are good but subjective.
means,
1 construction very good but subjective to the fact if u have a skilled.person who can help u locally by handeling the fraudulent property scamers which is very common.
2. live stock very good option but again subjective to the fact if u have experiance handeling mrkt manipulation which is also common in this sector

like wise there are many other options, but again ur own interest and experiance does matters.
20 years of software background working in the UK and also running my own small setup.
If you want the headache start-up a 3PL - with CPEC, and a upshoot in SMBs in the near future it's a no brainer. In this sector, you can start small with 500K GBP and scale-up. If managed correctly, within 3/5 years you can exponentially increase your initial investment in capital held.

For this idea, I would say start by speaking to those creating the industrial zones currently.

Good luck, and as always do the appropriate homework first and no handshakes, only contracts.
What is 3PL?

Industrial zones seem so far fetched with red tapism and beaurucracy involved.
I am used to getting things done quickly online. In UK you can register a company online in a few days. I am sure in Pakistan it would be absolutely ridiculous processes like attested ID card copies
psssst , fam, Do Buy in Dubai ;) :D

seriously though, this is great that you are investing in the "mother land". May Pakistan prosper inshallah
Hate Arabs, hate dubai, don't trust them either. Wouldn't give a toss about dubai
please invest through govt channels so that nobody can do fraud or scam or unapproved or illegal like thing with your investment . Invest through legal channels .
What are the government channels?
Renting out properties is the safest business here as long as the land is in a safe area but this isn't the most profitable business.
Why is it not profitable
RO plants Industrial, Home RO or cheap solar systems (net metering). I would suggest to start a small solar panels manufacturing unit.
What is RO plant

most people on PDF will suggest you buy property in Islo, Karachi or Lahore. That is what investment means in Pakistan, because someone is waiting to grab your property, could be your brother, brother-in-law, Chachoo and some Mamoo will make a mamoo out of you....whoever you trust the most.

@Baz2020
Just buy some properties and put them on rent. Earn money, and don;t invest in Pak right now with all your money. As there will be fraudulent things in every sector. Uk eco is declining, though property values are not that much so best time to invest in properties.. Don't invest all of your money in Pak... just spend 1/10th... and support that business with the rent from UK properties...
lastly and most importantly...
Never tell anybody your net worth. Tell them you have max 50K. Else, fraud people give you profit, like 20K more, on first 100K and ask for 400k for a massive one time deal. Where you can get a total 700K...
So don't get greedy if some offers are lucrative and don't invest all in one basket and never tell anybody your true worth, be it relatives...
Though I won;t suggest but my brother in law bought some fractional amount of bitcoin at 600£, not it is worth 1700£.. So spread your money. There are investment baker who take your money and invest in properties, shares, projects etc.. So you don't have to see market trends/economy etc and few losses compared to investing on your own.
Mamoo will make a mamoo out of you..
:omghaha:

Last edited:
Avoid the property investment at all costs. No matter you have any closest relative who is ready to take care of it.

Cattle farming/beef or poultry export oriented business is the way forward. Not only you will earn in stable currency but it will help the country exports.

Whatever you do but do not trust on Imran Khan and his aides... most definitely not on chicken hatching business... and if you want to keep Islamic values in consideration than chars crop is also no option for you.

Regarding property business, do not invest in property, if you are not going to live in Pakistan or are willing to hire armed guards to maintain possession of your property or unless you are part of a larger mafia system in Pakistan, who are close to bani gala.

What i can tell you, only booming business in Pakistan since past 2.5 years is smuggling of goods from foreign countries, mainly from Indian, Iran and China.

oh not an anti IK rhetoric again. Find something better to do

I wonder why investment means property in pakistan? I guess its because the country is not ready for anything else. the cream is sitting outside :-) and all labourers from saudi invest in property. is that why?
Believe me, if I had this much money I would have invested it in manufacturing.

Manufacturing what? How would you compete with chinese factories coming to pak?

I wonder why investment means property in pakistan? I guess its because the country is not ready for anything else. the cream is sitting outside :-) and all labourers from saudi invest in property. is that why?

Investing in property is not a good idea. Property investors are just making life hell for middle class people. Go for a productive business indeed.

If you think and plan right, you may not need to compete with anyone as there are many potentials unfilled. As I write this, there are companies in Pakistan that not just manufacture but also export high tech electronic products.
I would recommend vertical farming as an investment. Returns per acre are far higher than traditional farming and pest issue is also reduced.
Nice idea

I am thinking of investing half a million pounds of my hard earned money in Pakistan. Any suggestions on what industries are best?
Open software house in Pakistan Keep office in UK. Make good and cheap softwares and websites and take maintenance contact of it . It will boost our export with good return

Being a chemist I know how profitable is chemical manufacturing. There is no competition in this field. Generally, investors lack knowledge about chemicals. Pakistan imports $5-6 billion of chemicals every year. Get the list of chemicals that Pakistan imports. Contact a Chinese company that makes this chemical in China. Invite them for a joint venture or get technical help to establish small scale plant. Start from the simplest one and then go on. Believe me, it's a gold mine.

@Baz2020 another suggestion not to invest until your immediate family or closer is in civil service, or lawyer...helps a lot..
my father lost from 2000 to 2011 nearly 50 lac (of that era) of his hard earned money to such fraudulence property business just, mainly he was enchanted by those smooth people and got greedy . Still he is going court for last 10 years for 4-5 cases hearing to retrieve his money.

Thankfully though, my mom stood down her feet or he was thinking to sell our home for more investment. Or we wd have been on street.

Back
Top Bottom