What's new

Intolerant behaviour of Lal Masjid students and display of arms

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The recently released Khateeb of Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) Maulana Abdul Aziz has said that whatever situation has emerged in the troubled areas of Swat, Buner and Dir was a reaction of a military operation conducted on the mosque in 2007.

Talking to Dawn he said most of the students of Lal Masjid who suffered due to the operation belonged to those areas and now they were taking their revenge.

‘I had warned the then government not to go for the military operation on the mosque otherwise the situation would get out of control and I will not be responsible for the reaction,’ he said.

‘Most of my students belonged to Swat, Buner, Dir and some nearby areas and they are reacting and taking revenge of the blood of their relatives and friends,’ Aziz said while expressing ignorance about the exact number deaths in the mosque during the operation.

‘Now they are not under my control and whatever they are doing in Swat and Buner is their own decision,’ he said when asked why he does not ask his students to keep themselves away from militants.

Aziz was of the view that hundreds of people were killed, including women and children, in the Lal Masjid operation that also claimed the lives of 10 security personnel.

However, former President Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf had recently said that a total of 94 people were killed by the security forces in the operation and they all were armed militants. He claimed that not a single woman and child was killed in that incident.

Coincidently Aziz has been released on bail simultaneously with the approval of the Swat deal by President Asif Ali Zardari despite the fact that he was facing 26 different cases.

A day after his return to Lal Masjid, the controversial cleric called for a movement to implement Sharia in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, the intolerant behaviour of Lal Masjid students and display of arms are again back in the heart of the federal capital.

It is believed that Aziz was released under a ‘deal’ as he vowed not to seek any action against those who, according to him, were responsible for July 2007 Lal Masjid operation. The cleric claimed his release was not part of any deal with the government.

He said he had never supported suicide bombings in the country and he had only threatened the government by saying that: ‘If any operation is conducted at Lal Masjid suicide attacks could take place through the country.’

Responding to a question about whether his students were involved in suicide bombings in the country, he said: ‘As far as my students are concerned I know that they cannot commit suicide for any reason but I cannot guarantee what they are doing in their native towns.’
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | ?Situation in tribal areas linked to Lal Masjid operation?

I say that the problem Pakistan facing today is all because of lack of education to our people, if majority of them are educated and busy in their lives, doing their jobs in the Country, this means that they will not be distracted with these activities like taking up arms etc, thus no violence, and a happy life altogether.:angel:

Because they will know that they have to feed their families, and by picking up arms this will not help them, I suggest that GoP invest heavily over a period of time in it's educational system, give free education till 10th grade, and pay 50% of the student fees in 11th and 12th grade, and pay 30% of their fees in Higher education that is university level, all this applies to Government schools, college's and Universitie's, private sector is something different all together.

As far as the funding is concerned GoP should bring on some serious tax reform's to raise the amount of taxes and fund these fee's cuts for students.

Take for e.g. here in the UK, a local student only pays GBP3,500 for any BA (Hons) course, but an international student gives away GBP9,500, if the local student cannot pay that amount of 3,500 then the British Government asks him to pay a much lower fee.

The only way we can come out of this menace we face today is through education, "remeber pen is more powerful then sword".:tsk:

As far as the taking up of arms is concerned, this stupid cleric should tell his students to drop em or face risk of being wiped out once and for all. This picking up of arms has given nothing to Pakistan, it has only ruined it.:angry:

Spot on! Education is a top priority for Pakistan! Education has over the decades been neglected and abused in Pakistan. The state of literacy is in shambles. The educational sector in Pakistan is an absolute mockery. If Pakistan wants to survive in this age it must give quality education top priority! Not for a handful of elite fortunate, but mainstream and equal opportunities for the masses. We must learn from the likes of Japan, China, South Korea and other countries in this regard. More than half of the problems in Pakistan are related to a lack of proper education.

Spot on! Education is a top priority for Pakistan! Education is something that has over the decades been neglected and abused in Pakistan. The state of literacy in Pakistan is in shambles. The educational sector in Pakistan is an absolute mockery. If Pakistan wants to survive in this age it must give quality education top priority! Not for a handful of elite fortunate, but mainstream and equal opportunities for the masses. We must learn from India, China and other countries in this regard.

Leave all of em out, just look at the qualifications of Pakistani expatriates, they are highly educated, creating a more secure environment for your people, will attract your expatriate's back in the country and that will be a leap in the future for Pakistan.

Just think why do expatriates live outside Pakistan, no Pakistani expatriate wants to live outside of their own home Country, but their are reasons as to why they spend their whole lives out of their Country, just think about em!:undecided::smokin:

I say that the problem Pakistan facing today is all because of lack of education to our people, if majority of them are educated and busy in their lives, doing their jobs in the Country, this means that they will not be distracted with these activities like taking up arms etc, thus no violence, and a happy life altogether.:angel:

Because they will know that they have to feed their families, and by picking up arms this will not help them, I suggest that GoP invest heavily over a period of time in it's educational system, give free education till 10th grade, and pay 50% of the student fees in 11th and 12th grade, and pay 30% of their fees in Higher education that is university level, all this applies to Government schools, college's and Universitie's, private sector is something different all together.

As far as the funding is concerned GoP should bring on some serious tax reform's to raise the amount of taxes and fund these fee's cuts for students.

Take for e.g. here in the UK, a local student only pays GBP3,500 for any BA (Hons) course, but an international student gives away GBP9,500, if the local student cannot pay that amount of 3,500 then the British Government asks him to pay a much lower fee.

The only way we can come out of this menace we face today is through education, "remeber pen is more powerful then sword".:tsk:

As far as the taking up of arms is concerned, this stupid cleric should tell his students to drop em or face risk of being wiped out once and for all. This picking up of arms has given nothing to Pakistan, it has only ruined it.:angry:

Who is responsible for this bad education standard .Britisher gave us independence but we could changed the system of education .

Kala sahib actually continue the british policy of education to keep the masses illeterate ,it will be easy for them to rule.

Army and Judiciary also continuation of British rule , Army, Judiciary and Beraucracy enjoying all facilities and resources of country but son of hari and kasan has to work for them as slaves.

We need to make our education system uniform for all rich and poor, then talaban and jehadi mullahs automatically will be vanished

independent , quick justice
and education

should be the priority

The lal masjid massacre is the main reason why we are today where we are.......the people involved in the attack on lal masjid attack should be sent to jail.

i am no busharraf fan...but in reckon when all media and civil society was advocateing for operation busharraf was trying to avoid it...then when he authorised the operation all those who were advocating switched sites

i think lal masjid wallas them selves asked for it

same umm e ahsan who is now gathering sympthies was a women who told the nation on media "OUR MUJAHID BROTHERS HAVE ARRIVED...

i think the right thing to do is to kill this remaining gazi and hang umm ahsan but un fortunately we still have adopted a single color ....

ISLAMABAD: The recently released Khateeb of Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) Maulana Abdul Aziz has said that whatever situation has emerged in the troubled areas of Swat, Buner and Dir was a reaction of a military operation conducted on the mosque in 2007.

Talking to Dawn he said most of the students of Lal Masjid who suffered due to the operation belonged to those areas and now they were taking their revenge.

‘I had warned the then government not to go for the military operation on the mosque otherwise the situation would get out of control and I will not be responsible for the reaction,’ he said.

‘Most of my students belonged to Swat, Buner, Dir and some nearby areas and they are reacting and taking revenge of the blood of their relatives and friends,’ Aziz said while expressing ignorance about the exact number deaths in the mosque during the operation.

‘Now they are not under my control and whatever they are doing in Swat and Buner is their own decision,’ he said when asked why he does not ask his students to keep themselves away from militants.

Aziz was of the view that hundreds of people were killed, including women and children, in the Lal Masjid operation that also claimed the lives of 10 security personnel.

However, former President Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf had recently said that a total of 94 people were killed by the security forces in the operation and they all were armed militants. He claimed that not a single woman and child was killed in that incident.

Coincidently Aziz has been released on bail simultaneously with the approval of the Swat deal by President Asif Ali Zardari despite the fact that he was facing 26 different cases.

A day after his return to Lal Masjid, the controversial cleric called for a movement to implement Sharia in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, the intolerant behaviour of Lal Masjid students and display of arms are again back in the heart of the federal capital.

It is believed that Aziz was released under a ‘deal’ as he vowed not to seek any action against those who, according to him, were responsible for July 2007 Lal Masjid operation. The cleric claimed his release was not part of any deal with the government.

He said he had never supported suicide bombings in the country and he had only threatened the government by saying that: ‘If any operation is conducted at Lal Masjid suicide attacks could take place through the country.’

Responding to a question about whether his students were involved in suicide bombings in the country, he said: ‘As far as my students are concerned I know that they cannot commit suicide for any reason but I cannot guarantee what they are doing in their native towns.’
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | ?Situation in tribal areas linked to Lal Masjid operation?
Hell,he should have been killed in the Lal mosque operation who knows he might cause the same situation that prevailed before Lal mosque operation.His failed attempt to flee lal mousque during operation revealed that he is not dedicated to his own so called cause,he brainwashed young boys to conduct suicide attacks and be killed and used girls and wemen as his shield during the operation,why he didn't he stayed in mosque?coward bastard.:angry::hitwall:
"Kon kehta hai k mot ai to mer jaon ga
mein to abdul aziz hon burqay mein nikal jaon ga"
these kind of mullahs are destroying Islam's and Pakistans image and yet he's free after all these horrible events,free to regroup and organize his terrorist squad it's just what he is doing.

IG FC Tariq uncle also said in an interview that the people of Islamabad should be more worried than the frontier province, as the man who declared Jihad against Pakistan is back on the streets.

These madrassah student hanging outside the mosque all the time, an extreme nuisance and they are in hundreds. Create much scary situation with like mob mentality. People don't feel secure. Even after they get married they start coming back or attempt to live inside the hostel. Was like Bombay style of " kholi" system. But anyway, people are very scared of these type of muslims, who as swing mood all the time....Imagine a women is flogging in front of super market...lolzz

The govt should take very strict measures this time:

Anybody roaming around like a vagabond with a gun up his a$$ should be dealt as per police procedure in vogue.

Any 'lose' statement given by these mullahs should be taken seriously and immediate arrests/ infractions should follow.

Keen eye should be kept on these people, and should be kicked at the very onset of trouble.

In addition, emphasis should be given on education and providing employment opportunities to these people.

The lal masjid massacre is the main reason why we are today where we are.......the people involved in the attack on lal masjid attack should be sent to jail.

Ok start with Musharraf, include the VCoAS, the commander X corps, commander SSG, Police and Punjab Rangers IGs, and all of the people who took part in the operation and while while you are at it, pat the Maulana sahib and his band of thugs on the back for killing that useless Colonel of the SSG and that Rangers' jawan who just happened to get killed because the supporters of Maulana sahib were just shooting it up for the fun of it. And while you are jailing all of the above, do not forget the editors of the mainstream newspapers who were just so sick and tired of writing about the excesses of the danda mafia and pleading to the government to check their high handedness.

Be mindful of the fact that this bloodshed was bound to happen. If it did not happen at LM then, it would have happened elsewhere or at LM later because negotiations were being done at gun point on both sides of the issue. The government of the day has the right to wield force. There are people in Indonesia who struggle for the imposition of sharia, however not once have they picked up weapons and resorted to hostage taking as a matter of practice.

The bastion of Islam aka house of Sauds (KSA) would have razed this LM place to the ground if they were challenged as such. Their past actions are for all to see. Sharia is the right of the people of Pakistan, however it has to be imposed by way of acceptance and not the gun.

The GoP must be just plain "nuts" to let this guy turn Islamabad into a nightmare of daily confrontation again. THIS time the "civilian" GoP, and the "free" judiciary the lawyers wanted, have only themselves to blame. The irhabi sympathizers here at PDF can't blame this summer's sequel, "Lal Masjid II", on Mushy!!

I have to say this the Pakistanis are very blind with respect to Islam.If somebody steals and say that it is done for betterment of Islam then some hardcore Muslims (Pakistanis) will even justify that.This LM thug should have been taken through secret assassination by Army Snipers before our so called Lawyers freed him.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom