What's new

International Movies/photos

Neo said:
Just saw Flight 93.
Anyone seen it?
I have not. I wish I could, but the events of that day are simply too painful for me to relive.

Now I'm starting to understand why my grandmother didn't like to talk about World War II.

Tophatter said:
I have not. I wish I could, but the events of that day are simply too painful for me to relive.

Now I'm starting to understand why my grandmother didn't like to talk about World War II.

why? you lost someone in 9/11 ?

I could not bring myself to see it either. 9/11 was the ONLY terrorist act I actually saw live. At first, I saw it as a bonehead pilot who did not see this huge building. My wife on the other hand kept saying, " I'm telling you John, we are being attacked!"

A.Rahman said:

Thankfully no. Like TexasJohn I saw it live. I stood up from my desk at work angrily wanting to know who jacked up the volume on all of the TVs (I worked at the call center for a cable company). The first thing I saw was the 2nd plane plowing into the WTC. The ending to Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor flashed into my head and I knew exactly what was happening. I was instantly sick to my stomach and as more and more reports came in, I couldn't stand it anymore.

Tophatter said:
Thankfully no. Like TexasJohn I saw it live. I stood up from my desk at work angrily wanting to know who jacked up the volume on all of the TVs (I worked at the call center for a cable company). The first thing I saw was the 2nd plane plowing into the WTC. The ending to Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor flashed into my head and I knew exactly what was happening. I was instantly sick to my stomach and as more and more reports came in, I couldn't stand it anymore.

It was very disorienting. I was still @home. The first plane had already hit, I saw the second one hit. It was amazing how within an hour or so, EVERY single domestic and private plane was made to land. I live very close to DFW airport and the sky became so quiet it was wierd. For the next several days all we could see were military planes and Police helicopters.

In my own way, I have lived it. No need to see the movie. With all the theories floating around, how do we know it's true?

Tophatter said:

I can understand that, it was horrifying and very confronting to me as non american aswell!
It must be very difficult to watch for the ones who lost family on board the UA093. :frown:

A.Rahman said:

My cousin who used to work in the WTC building got lucky as he missed the commuter train and showed up late for work...
I wish more had that kind of luck that day..

Tophatter said:

I used to be employed with KLM back then and I was in the office with three others when the OCC (operations controll centre) sent us a telex that six of our flights enroute to the US were being diverted to Canada and the Carribean...minutes later my manager called us in the briefing room where we saw the the second hit on the southern tower life and I realised that this had to be a terrorist attack!
It was so unreal and horrifying even from 5000km distance...you guys in the States must have gone thru hell...I can't even imagine.

Neo said:
My counsin who used to work in the WTC building got lucky as he missed the commuter train and showed up late for work...
I wish more had that kind of luck that day..

It turns out most Israeli nationals also "missed the train"..... ever wonder about that?

TexasJohn said:
It turns out most Israeli nationals also "missed the train"..... ever wonder about that?

Yeah, some 2.500 Israeli's use to work there as I read somewhere and not a single one was there at the time of impact.
I donot want to go into any conspiracy theories but I bet there's more to this...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom