Cuba 91
Venezuela 92
Uruguay 93
Bolivia 94
Uganda 95
Montenegro 95
Honduras 97

International Mathematical Olympiad

29 is not a bad rank considering the state of our schools. Just below Brazil and Germany.

Both North and South Korea are pretty high. Grats to Vietnam. China, USA and Russia are about where they should be, though I thought Russia would be higher. Japan is slipping.

About India I must say that 29 is one horrible rank. Its depresses me that a nation of 1.3 billion is beaten by South korea and Singapore. Well reasons are simple. We have to start investing in out human capital else we will always be losers when it comes to international events like Olympiads, Olympics, Asian games etc etc.

We have the biggest human resource in the world, but without investing to develop it, its a waste and it infact catastrophic for our country.

Both North and South Korea are pretty high. Grats to Vietnam. China, USA and Russia are about where they should be, though I thought Russia would be higher. Japan is slipping.
The influence of Eastern European countries in IMO is fading and replacing by Northeastern Asian countries.They are learning hard but not so clever.

East Asians always come out on top. Shows our IQ level is real. We have high IQ, top PISA tests, top Olympiad, etc.
Currently Indians are CEO of international companies totaling 350-400 Bill $. Microsoft is the new addition. Yes no doubt East Asians are smart, but more than IQ it has to do with East Asian government's focus on education and human development where countries in South Asia lack.

Currently Indians are CEO of international companies totaling 350-400 Bill $. Microsoft is the new addition. Yes no doubt East Asians are smart, but more than IQ it has to do with East Asian government's focus on education and human development where countries in South Asia lack.

No no we're low Iq, dark, short idol worshippers. Trust.

I think India's best turnout at this was 13th.

About India I must say that 29 is one horrible rank. Its depresses me that a nation of 1.3 billion is beaten by South korea and Singapore. Well reasons are simple. We have to start investing in out human capital else we will always be losers when it comes to international events like Olympiads, Olympics, Asian games etc etc.

We have the biggest human resource in the world, but without investing to develop it, its a waste and it infact catastrophic for our country.

Even if India is willing to invest in sports, it will always be a loser in the Olympics. I honestly don't see Indians surpassing Russians, Americans, Chinese, Europeans, Japan or South Korea which often rank very high on the medal list. Not intentionally insulting India but that's my view of how athletic Indians really are. Investing money in sport doesn't automatically create super Indians grabbing gold medals.

Even if India is willing to invest in sports, it will always be a loser in the Olympics. I honestly don't see Indians surpassing Russians, Americans, Chinese, Europeans, Japan or South Korea which often rank very high on the medal list. Not intentionally insulting India but that's my view of how athletic Indians really are. Investing money in sport doesn't automatically create super Indians grabbing gold medals.

agree . it's just not about money . although money is an important factor !
There are many things more to that .
we are not a sporting nation .

Why are we genetically inferior to the rest of the world?? Have you conducted a study on Indians?? Or are you God of Athletics whose verdict is final and Indians are born losers??

India till date doesn't have an Olympic athletic training school, even if we do have some institutes they are pathetic. Give me one reason why we can't find a world class runner in 1.3 billion people?? I am sure 1000s of them are born and die every year without any recognition.

I have lived in India for 17 years in most modern metro cities to most backward areas and have traveled lengths and breadths of India. I am yet to see a person in India who said i will be an athlete and represent this country. Unlike China were ping pong players and athletes are house hold celebrities, Indians don't even consider athletics as a career.

The real issue is that the educated class of India wants to be a doctor, engineer etc and uneducated and poor class is not even aware of Olympics and other sports events. Govt of India has no national plan and enough funding. Result is for everyone to see.

Why are we genetically inferior to the rest of the world?? Have you conducted a study on Indians?? Or are you God of Athletics whose verdict is final and Indians are born losers??

India till date doesn't have an Olympic athletic training school, even if we do have some institutes they are pathetic. Give me one reason why we can't find a world class runner in 1.3 billion people?? I am sure 1000s of them are born and die every year without any recognition.

I have lived in India for 17 years in most modern metro cities to most backward areas and have traveled lengths and breadths of India. I am yet to see a person in India who said i will be an athlete and represent this country. Unlike China were ping pong players and athletes are house hold celebrities, Indians don't even consider athletics as a career.

The real issue is that the educated class of India wants to be a doctor, engineer etc and uneducated and poor class is not even aware of Olympics and other sports events. Govt of India has no national plan and enough funding. Result is for everyone to see.

So now you are blaming the mentality of people who only wants to become doctors/engineers? India is not the only developing country, there are plenty of poor countries which managed to grab gold medals. Black people are known to run very fast that's why they are the champions in this area for example. Now don't tell me there's some Indian Usain Bolt who has never heard of the Olympics or that he rather study than grabbing an Olympic gold. Athletics isn't always a career, Russians are good in volleyball does that mean they can make it as a career? I don't see > 45 years old Russians representing Russia during the Olympics and most likely they won't become rich either. They are not some NBA basketball players earning millions of dollars.
I don't see India ever investing money into sports other than cricket so she can grab Olympic gold medals period, so there's no point debating with you whether Indian has the potential to rank high on the table amongst some great powers. I personally think India does not whether you blame it's your government's fault or the Indian mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom