What's new

International Mathematical Olympiad 2013 results

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 is not a bad rank considering the state of our schools. Just below Brazil and Germany.

It is a disgrace actually.

Education should have been sorted out ages ago. It is one of the primary functions of the state.

No no we're low Iq, dark, short idol worshippers. Trust.

These are the same people who call us the most racist nation on Earth. We are certainly racisst, but it's not like they can utter the word with out becoming hypocrites themselves.

Even if India is willing to invest in sports, it will always be a loser in the Olympics. I honestly don't see Indians surpassing Russians, Americans, Chinese, Europeans, Japan or South Korea which often rank very high on the medal list. Not intentionally insulting India but that's my view of how athletic Indians really are. Investing money in sport doesn't automatically create super Indians grabbing gold medals.

And Japanese and Chinese Men are stereotyped as Nerdish losers in Hollywood.

Last edited:
So now you are blaming the mentality of people who only wants to become doctors/engineers? India is not the only developing country, there are plenty of poor countries which managed to grab gold medals. Black people are known to run very fast that's why they are the champions in this area for example. Now don't tell me there's some Indian Usain Bolt who has never heard of the Olympics or that he rather study than grabbing an Olympic gold. Athletics isn't always a career, Russians are good in volleyball does that mean they can make it as a career? I don't see > 45 years old Russians representing Russia during the Olympics and most likely they won't become rich either. They are not some NBA basketball players earning millions of dollars.
I don't see India ever investing money into sports other than cricket so she can grab Olympic gold medals period, so there's no point debating with you whether Indian has the potential to rank high on the table amongst some great powers. I personally think India does not whether you blame it's your government's fault or the Indian mentality.

You keep your point of view I keep mine happy.. :)

Even though I really wish that Chinese way of training athletes was applied in India.

It is a disgrace actually.
And Japanese and Chinese Men are stereotyped as Nerdish losers in Hollywood.

It does not matter if we are viewed as nerds in the US. What matters is that the countries i have mentioned rank high in the Olympic table and India rank pretty much the bottom of the list despite having the 2nd largest population. Being a nerd does not mean a loser, but when India ranks 29 in the math Olympiad and almost at the bottom in Olympic events that is truly the definition of a loser nation.

It does not matter if we are viewed as nerds in the US. What matters is that the countries i have mentioned rank high in the Olympic table and India rank pretty much the bottom of the list despite having the 2nd largest population. Being a nerd does not mean a loser, but when India ranks 29 in the math Olympiad and almost at the bottom in Olympic events that is truly the definition of a loser nation.

I am sure the far bigger disproportionate number of Asian Women who date outside of their race agree ;)

I am sure the far bigger disproportionate number of Asian Women who date outside of their race agree ;)

What does dating have anything to do with ranking high on the Olympic table or performing well on maths? Some Indians here feel the need to go off topic because they can't shine like China or other Asian countries. Japan and South Korea does pretty well in Olympic event despite having nerdy guys and even much smaller population than India, i can only sense jealousy here. Only people from loser country would like to make this kind of joke lol.

10 is not that bad!
but srsly what happened to turkey it was 8 last year :O (if im not mistaken)

Currently Indians are CEO of international companies totaling 350-400 Bill $. Microsoft is the new addition. Yes no doubt East Asians are smart, but more than IQ it has to do with East Asian government's focus on education and human development where countries in South Asia lack.

Being CEO has to do with personal relationships, networking and other things. Nothing to do with intelligence. Being CEO doesn't mean you will be a successful CEO or whether you are smart or not.

East Asians and the Ashkenazi Jews are the two smartest races in the human race. It's to do with size of brain, and genetics.

Last edited:
Whites are smart and good at sports.
Blacks are very dumb and very good at sports.
Jews are very smart and bad at sports.
East Asians are very smart and very good at sports.
Indians are very dumb and very bad at sports.

All races are either good at one thing, being smart or athletic to be good at sports. Only Indians have neither, they are not very intelligent and dreadful at sports.

No amount of twisting can save face for India. That's one of the main reason we look down on Indians. That's why its difficult for us to respect them as people or as a country because they are not good at anything.

This is the blunt truth.

All races are either good at one thing, being smart or athletic to be good at sports. Only Indians have neither, they are not very intelligent and dreadful at sports.

No amount of twisting can save face for India. That's one of the main reason we look down on Indians. That's why its difficult for us to respect them as people or as a country because they are not good at anything.

This is the blunt truth.

You seem to be a man with a mission.

This is the blunt truth.

This is the blunt truth.
so u look down on pakistan and bangladesh too? :azn:

Even if India is willing to invest in sports, it will always be a loser in the Olympics. I honestly don't see Indians surpassing Russians, Americans, Chinese, Europeans, Japan or South Korea which often rank very high on the medal list. Not intentionally insulting India but that's my view of how athletic Indians really are. Investing money in sport doesn't automatically create super Indians grabbing gold medals.

This is a wrong general impression. India is a huge country with really a lot of different kind of people. Though like many other third world countries, generally Indians would be more concerned with working in their conventional professions, which means that you would not generally achieve the level of excellence required to participate in olympics, however if Indians invest in sports properly and methodically, I really see how they could have any disadvantage as compared to any other nation.

I remember the story of Indian boy who could run for fifty kilometres, if I could correctly recall, and really a lot of people were even crying foul that it might be too tough for him.

The only difference is, Bangladesh and Pakistan don't have a 1.3 billion population. ;)
:crazy:
they won zero medals with 350 million population,india won 6.
dont try to avoid the inevitable.
his THEORY :sarcastic: must extend to your all weather friends as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom