What's new

Interesting

i am with you Khala, but i have to disagree, who cares about Arabs, we shall make Pakistan an example so other people follow, we shall show the world that real Islam gives full rights to women, WE WILL SHOW THE WORLD THAT ISLAM GIVES MORE RIGHTS TO WOMEN THAN IT GIVES TO MEN, IN SHAA ALLAH, WE WILL MAKE THE TALIBAN BURN.
But first in all honesty we need to kill the misogynist man and his stupidity!

Well Abrahamic religions all say GOD is merciful and rely on the mercy of GOD....basically I have all the major religions covered....So no need to throw in a prayer to other GODs.....we technically pray to GOD of Abraham....covers everything from Abraham to today's world ;)

I know this but does everyone else? Everyone points as Niqab plus the Abaya/ Jilbab as a burqa....though true not the blue/ black garment but the combination of the two...

The interest of ignorant people and those fed by the media:

5b+Saudi-women-cross-a-street-in-Hofuf-city.jpg

vs

AFGHANISTAN_(it)_0416_-_Burqa_in_crisi.jpg
lol, Niqab and Burka both scare me, both of them are tents and you can hide a rocket launcher under there. i am no one to dictate, but i support Hijab and Dupatta, or even if one does not wear it and have modest clothes its good enough, I SAY IF MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR GOOD CLOTHES, WHy NOT WOMEN? i have been in arguments for the past two days in my Uni on this LOLLZZZZZZ

Burqa is the Central Asian/Afghan version of a niqab. It is a bit different. An ordinary hijab is by far the most commonly worn garment among Arab women. Secondly an abaya and thirdly an niqab. Let's not forget that you have 20 million Arab Christians who don't wear any headscarfs (outside of old ladies) and the millions of atheists or many more Muslims in the Arab world and abroad who simply do not wear any headscarfs but still consider themselves Muslim. You know such people as they are found among all Muslim communities out there.

Burqa is not even an Arab word. It comes from Persian.

Hijab, abaya and niqab are though.
I am aware...been to Saudi have family living there......I am talking about the everyday man on this forum....esp those spoon- fed by the media!

Indian peoples are biggest fan of it.... they like so much..... that's y india top of list where woman are not given their rights and respect.... OMG..

lol, Niqab and Burka both scare me, both of them are tents and you can hide a rocket launcher under there.
Niqab is not a tent....Niqab can be done without wearing a garment looking like a tent...I did niqab on shalwar Kameez when in Pakistan...Not orthodox but it is still niqab (covering of the face except the eyes and forehead)

i am no one to dictate, but i support Hijab and Dupatta, or even if one does not wear it and have modest clothes its good enough, I SAY IF MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR GOOD CLOTHES, WHy NOT WOMEN? i have been in arguments for the past two days in my Uni on this LOLLZZZZZZ
Exactly you are NO ONE to dictate....GOD on the other hand has every right to do so!

But first in all honesty we need to kill the misogynist man and his stupidity!
whats misogynist? i was arguing with a class fellow of mine and he said "Allah gave Khilafat to man and man only"
i was like WTH man? "where did you hear that from, i need a source for that" the argument continued for 30 mins, i stood my ground, then he started accusing me of being to secular and away from my religion LOLLZZZZ

Indian peoples are biggest fan of it.... they like so much..... that's y india top of list where woman are not given their rights and respect.... OMG..
I beg your pardon...But you stopped making any sense with such a sentence!

Niqab is not a tent....Niqab can be done without wearing a garment looking like a tent...I did niqab on shalwar Kameez when in Pakistan...Not orthodox but it is still niqab (covering of the face except the eyes and forehead)
Khala jee, i dont know the details nor the types, i just typed what i knew, but still scary, well good no one in my family does any of this LOLLZZZZ, they all use only Dupattas or Chadars

Exactly you are NO ONE to dictate....GOD on the other hand has every right to do so!
hmm? this sentence confused me, did i say something wrong? cuz as far as Allah is concerned he has commanded both men AND women to wear modest clothes

whats misogynist? i was arguing with a class fellow of mine and he said "Allah gave Khilafat to man and man only"
i was like WTH man? "where did you hear that from, i need a source for that" the argument continued for 30 mins, i stood my ground, then he started accusing me of being to secular and away from my religion LOLLZZZZ

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women

Ask him the meaning of khilafat:

A caliphate (in [URL='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language']Arabic: خلافة‎ khilāfa, meaning "succession") is an Islamic state led by a supreme religious and political leader[/URL]

caliph – means "successor"

lol, Niqab and Burka both scare me, both of them are tents and you can hide a rocket launcher under there. i am no one to dictate, but i support Hijab and Dupatta, or even if one does not wear it and have modest clothes its good enough, I SAY IF MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO WEAR GOOD CLOTHES, WHy NOT WOMEN? i have been in arguments for the past two days in my Uni on this LOLLZZZZZZ

It's just clothing. Why not respect women who wear it? Does it kill anyone? How can you judge a person based on their clothing? It's like judging people based on their appearance. Strange attitude. I guess that people who cry about niqabs, abayas, hijabs etc. have nothing against women who are walking around almost naked without any shame or honor. No wonder that many women feel as a sexual object and nothing more.

Those people that cry about women rights should support women who wear headscarfs out of their free will and ALSO those who don't. I do both. I get the point and worry of forcing it upon them (forcing something is never good) but we deal with grown up and independent women. Let them chose themselves. Western countries can ban whatever they want to but I am speaking about Muslim countries here.

Niqabs can come in all shapes and colors. Not necessarily in black. Nor in the same shape. There is a whole industry but devout/traditional women (especially elders or those that already have children) use just the black traditional one. Mostly. At least in KSA.

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women

Ask him the meaning of khilafat:

A caliphate (in Arabic: خلافة‎ khilāfa, meaning "succession") is an Islamic state led by a supreme religious and political leader

caliph – means "successor"
i think he was misquoting the verse of the Quran in which Allah says in the Quran "aur Hum ne Insaan ko zameen par apna khalifa bana kar bheja"

he thinks "insaan" refers to only the male LOLLZZZZz

hmm? this sentence confused me, did i say something wrong? cuz as far as Allah is concerned he has commanded both men AND women to wear modest clothes
yes HE has...and HE has defined this modesty as well....where his prophet showed and explained it in details....

everything should be covered except the face and hands....

the quran states 6 criteria...I used to run a webpage with details from quran and hadith...did it for some computer course in my bsc....but since it was a free website domain it shut down after the trial lolz....

1. Extent:
The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of ‘hijab’.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers’ religions.

These are the criteria...

BUT who follows or not is their choice...ALLAH can only tell you what is good for you rest is your choice of what you want...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom