What's new

Insight: Unable to copy it, China tries building own jet engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adversary? India? You are much misguided by your Yindi media. Worry not, China never viewed India as an adversary. Catching up with America proved us more challenging :lol:

Catching up to the Americans have never the end game anyway. It is always have been about bettering oneself.

You mean "reduced" to six squadrons? Until it actually happens, I suggest you let it rest. India is very punctual when it comes to meeting delays. Everyone knows that.

Adversary? India? You are much misguided by your Yindi media. Worry not, China never viewed India as an adversary.
Catching up with America proved us more challenging :lol:

Trolling is for both side, isn't it?

By the way, what is the meaning of your signature - "“合抱之木,生於毫末;九層之台,起於累土;千里之行,始於足下。”"?

:coffee:

How would you know chinese development programs never face any delay ?? when your government never announce anything official?

you trying to make engine from last three decades but still have to bought Russian engine for tiny aircraft like FC1

I guess maintaining diplomatic relations and using purchased tech to meet rate of expansion and export demand must be new concepts to you?

We have our own domestically made engines already built into numerous of our planes. The only problem we have is meeting our demands. Our airforce are embracing our new engines, contrary to IAF and your Kaveri.

Does India have a better engine that they are working on besides the underperforming low thrusting Kaveri?

Trolling is for both side, isn't it?

By the way, what is the meaning of your signature - "“合抱之木,生於毫末;九層之台,起於累土;千里之行,始於足下。”"?

:coffee:
Why we should see india as our adversary?would that do anything good to us?

Catching up to the Americans have never the end game anyway. It is always have been about bettering oneself.

We will never reach a point of stagnation, as our hunger for knowledge and power are limitless.
Right now America is still ahead and we have to be humble and give them that. This is not to say we will not better ourselves. Both Catching up and bettering oneself can walk hand-in-hand.

Does India have a better engine that they are working on besides the underperforming low thrusting Kaveri?

errr... the natural engine of Indians of course: once it starts working it activates at least 80 facial muscles. :agree:

I guess maintaining diplomatic relations and using purchased tech to meet rate of expansion and export demand must be new concepts to you?

We have our own domestically made engines already built into numerous of our planes. The only problem we have is meeting our demands. Our airforce are embracing our new engines, contrary to IAF and your Kaveri.

:lol: What a funny argument ...

Only Chinese aircraft know to world or available for export is FC1 and will all know about its capabilities ;)

So basically you want to say that you can make count less number of engine for your self but not for export ?

Before making big claims let put some proof of it

errr... the natural engine of Indians of course: once it starts working it activates at least 80 facial muscles. :agree:

Funny thing is ... a chinese said that

Why should we??? Why should we follow your instruction to prove while the article in post #1 making random claims about China's engine without any solid facts/ a single photos???

"Shenyang Liming Aero-Engine Group Corporation, has been working on a homegrown equivalent, the WS-10 Taihang, but this power plant has so far failed to meet performance targets after testing on the J-15 and other fighters, Chinese and Western military experts say."

See this claim people??? AL-31FN is not for shipborne fighters, personally I don't see one single photos of J-15 installed Al-31FN other than unpainted prototypes. the Chinese expert must either be Pikov or some HongKonger.

Their is a cell in China call propaganda dept, and have minister, every country leash propaganda warfare.

Claims made based on facts and not mere fantasy, if you want to rebuff it then show facts and not just typing world. If other you started saying china reached in mars then think you other people believe? If the facts contrary to your fantasy words then they are wrong?

Do you have? i think only 3-4 plane you have been flying and claiming to be successful ....and dont have proof to back your claims.

Of course , The GTRE's design envisions achieving a fan pressure ratio of 4:1 and an overall pressure ratio of 27:1, which it believes will permit the Tejas to "supercruise" (cruise supersonically without the use of the afterburner). The Kaveri is a variable-cycle, flat-rated engine and has 13% higher thrust than the General Electric F404-GE-F2J3 engines equipping the LCA prototypes.

The development model is fitted with an advanced convergent-divergent ("con-di") variable nozzle, but the GTRE hopes to fit production Tejas aircraft with an axisymmetric, multi-axis thrust-vectoring nozzle to further enhance the LCA's agility

In recent times, the engine has been able to produce thrust of 82 Kilo Newton but what the IAF and other stake-holders desire is power between 90—95 KN"

Its depends, IAF want best of best technology. when Kavari will complete it will be a powerful engine.

They are K9+ Program and K 10 Program

like china build JF-17 metal frame ,India build LCA with Composite frame , which find in F-22, So which airframe is advance ?

Do you have? i think only 3-4 plane you have been flying and claiming to be successful ....and dont have proof to back your claims.

Proof? sorry, but isn't it an accepted knowledge that Indians have been working on those big engines with presumablely 32 natural ceramic blades for ages (oke, the upper middle 2 blades are frequently missing after mature)? :blink:

Ah... so France does not belong to "Europe". Now that's something new to me.
It would be nice if you could specify which countries in Europe, rather than implying they all do. :lol:

Shame India is not listed eh?

Well i am not telling by geography, i am telling from technically point of view, France might come geography in Europe but technically they follow different military program /policy then Europe. euro-jet and Rafael ?

You mean "reduced" to six squadrons? Until it actually happens, I suggest you let it rest. India is very punctual when it comes to meeting delays. Everyone knows that.

Same logic applies to your WS1,2,3, 10 and 15, your J20 21....J31 and what not. First make a reliable engine, a reliable plane and then point finger at your adversary. How many of your 3rd gen planes are spin test, wake penetration test certified?? can post me a link that shows J10 has undergone wake penetration and spin recovery tests??? You copy Russian planes, use Russian engine and talk about challenging US?? LOL. CPC just has lots of money that it is throwing around in producing Russian and US imitations to boost the ego of their citizens and keep them in a dream of challenging US.

:lol: What a funny argument ...

So basically you want to say that you can make count less number of engine for your self but not for export ?

The only funny thing here is your inability to understand the importance of satisfying our own demands before others.
First of all, we have look ensure that we are producing enough before we sell them. Even Russians do the same with their S-400. It is unlikely that they will sell that until they have produced enough to satisfy its own demand. Therefore it is unlikely for anyone to obtain them any time soon. Not too hard to understand right?

Before making big claims let put some proof of it

Is not making embarrassing announcement that it is only good enough to power small drones not good enough for you?

By the way, since when did LCA become a small drone? :lol:

In recent times, the engine has been able to produce thrust of 82 Kilo Newton but what the IAF and other stake-holders desire is power between 90—95 KN"

95KN are useless to us. The WS-13 are already comparable to that and WS-13A betters that.

Its depends, IAF want best of best technology. when Kavari will complete it will be a powerful engine.

I have no trouble with India buying what they think is the best technology. Chance are they will never get the best unless it is domestically produced by the user. Problem here is, India cannot produce anything comparable to what the west are willing to put on the table. Therefore India have little choice but to accept whatever is on the offer that is affordable and is the best for them.

like china build JF-17 metal frame ,India build LCA with Composite frame , which find in F-22, So which airframe is advance ?

How did you know what material went into the F-22?

Do you really think a country that is 'publicly' is testing two versions of stealth aircraft cannot produce a better body for a light-weight multi role fighter? Truth is we are not bothered with the light-weight multi-role platform. Hence we stuck by our J-10s, 11s, 15s and 16s.

Same logic applies to your WS1,2,3, 10 and 15, your J20 21....J31 and what not. First make a reliable engine, a reliable plane and then point finger at your adversary. How many of your 3rd gen planes are spin test, wake penetration test certified?? can post me a link that shows J10 has undergone wake penetration and spin recovery tests??? You copy Russian planes, use Russian engine and talk about challenging US?? LOL. CPC just has lots of money that it is throwing around in producing Russian and US imitations to boost the ego of their citizens and keep them in a dream of challenging US.

You know why the world is only talking about America, China and Russia's 5th gen but not yours right? and here you are, talking about 3rd gen which India is having great difficulty producing. First learn to do something before pointing your fingers at your "adversary" :rolleyes:

Well i am not telling by geography, i am telling from technically point of view, France might come geography in Europe but technically they follow different military program /policy then Europe. euro-jet and Rafael ?

I am more concerned with which country actually produces their own engines. Not differences in their military programs. Chances are, you won't find many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom